• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

England should play at Highbury

I dont know if MR Dein has suggested it at his meetings with the FA but wouldn't it be good if we could have an England game at Highbury before its demolished. Highbury closes as New Wembley opens, so the last game on the road could be at Highbury.

Smaller grounds like Portman Road (29 000), St Mary's (32 000), Walker's Stadium (31 000), Rvierside (35 000) White Hart Lane (35 000), have hosted so why not us?

The Mini

White Hart Lane havent hosted in my memory, same with the Walkers Stadium and Portman Road. The other two or very rare. They play at ManUre, Liverpool and Newcastle e.t.c. they could but it would take some convincing.

vin de guerre

Just a point of information. Highbury cannot be demolished as such since it is in part a "listed" building. Therefore will be save for posterity.

The Mini

only the East and West stands are listed and possibly the pitch. The North and South will be demolished

A

Anonymous

Wont happen. Pitch is too small, and not enough space to fit all the fat cats.

I dont want England playing at THOF anyway.
I think the last time England played at Highbury of the top of my head was in the 1930s against Italy when 7 of the England team played for Arsenal.

vin de guerre

Sol said:

I think the last time England played at Highbury of the top of my head was in the 1930s against Italy when 7 of the England team played for Arsenal.
And off the top of y ed what was the score?
By the way I think there were more than just seven players from arsenal!

Eastrek

I read somewhere about this....like Sol said not enough space to fit everything! It does get rather congested at Highbury....but if we can host Champions League games why not Friendly International's?

A

Anonymous

vin de guerre said:
Sol said:

And off the top of y ed what was the score?
By the way I think there were more than just seven players from arsenal!

Lol, dunno. Youd have to ask Exciled that one. Im sure England won, Ill have a guess at 5-2 (I think it was a high scoring game).

But there was definatly seven Arsenal players. When I was younger I could name them all, cant do that now though.

Ill have a go anyway...

Moss, Male , Hapgood, Bastin, Drake, Compton...

Lol, Ive got six off the top of my head, cant remember the seventh.

Anyone help me out casue this will do my head in and I cant be bothered looking in a book.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom