• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

Sammer

Established Member
Is this guy brilliant or what? 17 year-old right back in the belgian national team.
He is absolutely superb, I couldn´t believe how composed and technically brilliant the guy is at that age. Most astonishing thing about him is, that he acts like a first-class, proven defender who has seen everything in football.

Apparently Chelsea bit 20 million Euros for him - anybody heard of him?

Adam

Established Member
Oh yes, he is the biggest thing in Belgium since Yaya Toure.

There is a another young defender at Anderlecht some may also tell you about...

United were also interested in Kompany. He is the sort of composed, CB distributing player they like.

Sammer

Established Member
After yesterdays match, I really had the impression that he´d fit in perfectly.

But then again, if he is already in the 20 million-euro-category, we should probably forget about him and hope, that he´ll end up in the Spanish League or the Seria A.

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
Is this guy brilliant or what? 17 year-old right back in the belgian national team.

He's a right back? I thought he was a CB!! or maybe Both?
I've heard of him before and Manure have been after him for a while. As usual to no surprise Chelsea want him also. But he is worth alot isn't he?

Feis-al

But what is very interesting he was quoted sömething like 6months ago saying he would prefer Arsenal from the whole lot

Arjan

What I heard was that he is going to Ajax, with Jelle van Damme the opposite way. And that Chelsea pay the transfer-fee. So that after a few years he can go to Chelsea with some more experience.

kluivert

Arjan: looks like you know your footy very well! ever heard of Anthony Vanden Borre? Ajax are very very interested.He's 17 & plays for anderlecht RB but best position is CB.This boy 's gonna be huge

Do you know much about dutch youngsters?

KlurgsSporg

KLUIVERT*- Vanden Borre has recently been linked with arsenal he is a very highly rated player for Anderlecht but has not got the price tag of Vincent Kompany.

Adam

Established Member
Klurgsporg - you are being very cruel to us around this forum today. Please give us your sources.

Mark

Established Member
I haven't seen him play but he sounds great. I suspect he's too well known and wanted by too many clubs now for us to get him. Wenger usually finds players before others do.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom