• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

n_henry

Hmm..interesting.

Well, like Reyes's signing last year, this would come right out of the blue...

But personally, I'm very doubtful. As others have already said, we do not need him, and Arsène would not buy anyone just for the heck of it.

How much would he cost, anyway?

Pennent out ???? van der Vaart in ????? interesting
Pennent is looked after by Jerome Anderson Management too as is Bergkamp and half the Arsenal squad

Mostarac

Established Member
van der Vaart has been totally out of form for Ajax this season, and he would at least cost us £12 million. I do not believe this, Wenger will not spend so much money on an unimpressive(at least this season) van der Vaart.

Mark

Established Member
I doubt it, and to be honest I don't want it to happen. He hasn't played well for ages now. Nor do we need him with Reyes and RvP.

Sure its not chelski as moriniho keeps making it clear he needs no one else

My source confirmed to me we are in the market for 4 players a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and a foward.
He has been ringing agents across europe under the instruction of the club for the last month getting names of players who would like to or are avaliable for a move to Arsenal. The only name i can get out of him is Raphael van der Vaart at the moment.

n_henry

arsenalfc1979 said:
Sure its not chelski as moriniho keeps making it clear he needs no one else

My source confirmed to me we are in the market for 4 players a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and a foward.
He has been ringing agents across europe under the instruction of the club for the last month getting names of players who would like to or are avaliable for a move to Arsenal. The only name i can get out of him is Raphael van der Vaart at the moment.

Wow - that's a player in each position... I knew that Wenger's "we're not going to sign anyone" claims were lies. ;)

Mosterac - I'd rather have Bojinov as well. But VDV would be good as well...

So, arsenalfc1979 - how close are we to VDV?

If we dont get him in the january window its cause Ajax have done a deal to keep him till the end of the season and that will mean he will join at the end of the season at the moment he wants to leave Ajax as they wont come up with his required payrise of 30000 euros a week about £21000 now thats wat Pennent is roughly on so i can see Pennent going in jan and a like for like signing being van der Vaart

patrick42uk

Established Member
lol, i dont believe this for a minute. fact is though i wont say no to vdv irrespective of form in the last 2 seasons. the guy is stagnating at ajax because playing in the dutch league doesnt motivate anymore.

kevin_kyle

Yeah rather have Bojinov for that money but Van Der Vaart is a great player if he can get his psyche right. On fire, VDV can be brilliantly exciting to watch.
But with RVP and Reyes in the squad already, it would be better to sign Bojinov for similar money on recent form, and future potential.

koivu

Didn't expect to see this...I think Van der Vaart is a good player who will not improve much more at Ajax...like david bentley playing reserve footy. I wouldn't think that he's the kind of person we need at the mo...I'll believe it when I see it I guess.

Jinn

Established Member
Just wait and see. Looking for a house in Barnet isn't really much to go on. There's no point in getting worked up over nothing folks.

KingReyes

Established Member
Anythings possible, but so far its nothing concrete. VDV is a quality player he doesn't seem happy at Ajax therefore a lack of motivation hasn't helped his performances.

A possible replacement for Bergkamp maybe? Who knows...but i can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom