• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Established Member
I'd bet that this user is the same as arsenal1989 who said the Kewell deal was wrapped up.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
VDV is as good as Robben, but he's cup tied, out of form, and not what we need. But it seems a typical Wenger move; make an audacious bid when the interest in VDV has cooled down and his price has dropped a bit. I'd forever bow down to Wenger's genius is if he pulled off a coup like this.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
arsenalfc1979 said:
the same source told me about Reyes last year at this time and i was scepticle about that until he signed

Except that David Dein didn't know there was a chance until 24 hours before he signed.

lewdikris

Established Member
What would Jerome Anderson's team know about the signing of Reyes? He wasn't an agent for him, or for the club - Reyes' own agent has been thanked personally and publically for his help in that transfer.

I really doubt we'd go for VDV - we already have quite enough left footed half-strikers already.

Good player though - looked like he might be amazing, but has been eating too too many pies.

Soler

Established Member
Reyes' agent is his brother, Jesus. Hence the "gift from Jesus" comment in January.

AFCG7

Established Member
Wasted signing ..why shold we sign Van der Vaart? We already have Henry RVP and Reyes who are similar type players.We need a direct goalscorer to help Henry out.. and we should go for someone like Bojinov not Van der Vaart.

Spike

Established Member
I agree, doesn't VDV play on the left? We've already got enough left sided players. If we're to go and buy somebody, I'll rather it be somebody who plays on the right.

MightyArsenal

Too many dutchmen in the same team would be chaos, its the reason why they have always done so poor in world cups and euro's. The clash of ego's would damage team morale :lol:

Arjan

MightyArsenal said:
Too many dutchmen in the same team would be chaos, its the reason why they have always done so poor in world cups and euro's. The clash of ego's would damage team morale :lol:

ajax 95??

VDV to Arsenal seems nonsense to me, he always said that he wants to join Barcelona and he won't leave in January, because ajax don't need to sell.

I would like to see Nigel de Jong coming to Arsenal......

nidza7

Established Member
Arjan said:
MightyArsenal said:

ajax 95??

VDV to Arsenal seems nonsense to me, he always said that he wants to join Barcelona and he won't leave in January, because ajax don't need to sell.

I would like to see Nigel de Jong coming to Arsenal......

good one,mate!

sabret00the

Established Member
arsenalfc1979 said:
Pennent out ???? van der Vaart in ????? interesting
Pennent is looked after by Jerome Anderson Management too as is Bergkamp and half the Arsenal squad
actually Pennant is under Sky Andrews, same person that's got Sol Campbell ;)

Gooner4Life

van der Vaart would make sense as Edu is leaving 99% chance anyway. And van der Vaart can play both attacking or defensviley and I believe his best postiion is defensive midfield. So maybe the future could see Fabregas and van der Vaart.

But isn't Yaya supposed to be joiing.

I have to say, I would love this transfer to happen, would be another HUGE coup.

air

I don't think there's a club in the World that wouldn't have use for Van der Vaart.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
On his day van der Vaart is one of the most exciting players around in my opinion. Having said that I don't think there is any room for him at Arsenal at present. Reyes and van Persie are very similar to Rafael. If we sign van der Vaart then we may as well sell David Bentley. In my view we need to be looking for a goalscorer, not so much a creater....but Wenger knows best. Wenger could be the man to help fulfill van der Vaart's huge potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom