• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wenger14

Established Member
ibby said:
Rosicky, Hleb, Eduardo, Walcott, Clichy & van Persie can all play on the wings, given left midfield isn't their natural position they all provide a different option with the exception of Rosicky & Hleb.
Quality in depth?

Right now we've there's a big drop in quality after Rosicky and Hleb.

ibby

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
ibby said:
Rosicky, Hleb, Eduardo, Walcott, Clichy & van Persie can all play on the wings, given left midfield isn't their natural position they all provide a different option with the exception of Rosicky & Hleb.
Quality in depth?

15million for quality back up? Haven't Tottenham and Bent taught us anything?

I disagree that there's a big drop in quality after Rosicky and Hleb but lets not get into that.

Wenger14

Established Member
ibby said:
Wenger14 said:
ibby said:
Quality in depth?

I disagree that there's a big drop in quality after Rosicky and Hleb but lets not get into that.
I didn't suggest VdV. I didn't suggest anyone for that matter. Just the fact that we do need a wide mid as we've only really got 2 good ones atm. I'd be fine with Eboue as a fourth choice, but not higher than that.

And there's no point in going on if you think Eboue, Diaby and Walcott are anywhere near the levels of Rosicky and Hleb.

ibby

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
ibby said:
Wenger14 said:
ibby said:
Quality in depth?

I didn't suggest VdV. I didn't suggest anyone for that matter. Just the fact that we do need a wide mid as we've only really got 2 good ones atm. I'd be fine with Eboue as a fourth choice, but not higher than that.

And there's no point in going on if you think Eboue, Diaby and Walcott are anywhere near the levels of Rosicky and Hleb.

:lol:

Diaby isn't a left midfielder so I won't include him in this argument/conversation (whatever takes your fancy).

Eboue would walk into any club in the top four right now.

As for Walcott, he is only 18, and is a great option coming of the bench when teams are holding us down.

Yes ofcourse they aren't better than Rosicky and Hleb which is why they are called back ups, and for back ups they are a hell of a lot better than the back ups they got at Liverpool and Chelsea.

The drop of quality is a lot shorter than you seem to think. How many times have Walcott and Eboue came on and changed the game for us? The fact that 41% of our goals come when either Eboue or Walcott are on the field proves that. I would be just as confident going into a massive game with Walcott & Eboue on either wing.

Wenger14

Established Member
ibby said:
Diaby isn't a left midfielder so I won't include him in this argument/conversation (whatever takes your fancy).
Here's a bit of homework for you. Try finding out how many times Diaby has started/come on as a central midfielder for us, as opposed to a left mid position this season. Wenger sees him as our second choice left mid, so why wouldn't you class him as one?

ibby said:
Eboue would walk into any club in the top four right now.
As a right back? Maybe. As a right mid? erm no.

ibby said:
As for Walcott, he is only 18, and is a great option coming of the bench when teams are holding us down.
Yes he is, but again there is a significant drop in quality. He's a striker and plays much better through the middle, and will be getting more time upfront rather than out wide sooner rather than later. Anyway the problem here isn't Theo, as fifth choice, which I believe he is right now, he is perfect.

ibby said:
Yes ofcourse they aren't better than Rosicky and Hleb which is why they are called back ups, and for back ups they are a hell of a lot better than the back ups they got at Liverpool and Chelsea.
Diaby and Eboue better than Nani and Park? Kalou and Malouda? We've got good strength in depth in most positions but this is one where we are clearly lacking. We're using a right back, a central midfielder and a striker as back ups, shouldn't that really say something?

That said, I don't think we'll see a wide player being brought in for two reasons. It gives the likes of Diaby and Walcott less minutes, and minutes on the pitch are crucial for their development, and also he could be leaving a spot open for Vela.

ibby

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
Here's a bit of homework for you. Try finding out how many times Diaby has started/come on as a central midfielder for us, as opposed to a left mid position this season. Wenger sees him as our second choice left mid, so why wouldn't you class him as one?

I don't classify him as one because he isn't one. Not rocket science is it? The only reason Wenger plays him there is to keep his mouth shut & give him some minutes.

And as a matter of fact Hleb is our second choice left mid, after that it is a toss between Walcott, Eduardo & Diaby.

So we agree here?

Yes he is, but again there is a significant drop in quality. He's a striker and plays much better through the middle, and will be getting more time upfront rather than out wide sooner rather than later. Anyway the problem here isn't Theo, as fifth choice, which I believe he is right now, he is perfect.

Diaby is fifth choice...

Diaby and Eboue better than Nani and Park? Kalou and Malouda? We've got good strength in depth in most positions but this is one where we are clearly lacking. We're using a right back, a central midfielder and a striker as back ups, shouldn't that really say something?

You are misquoting what I said. I haven't included Manchester United for a reason, the reason is because they have better wingers than us and anyone in the world for that matter.

For our style of play, Walcott & Eboue are perfect. We tire teams down and with them coming in as late subs they kill off teams with their place and directness.

That said, I don't think we'll see a wide player being brought in for two reasons. It gives the likes of Diaby and Walcott less minutes, and minutes on the pitch are crucial for their development, and also he could be leaving a spot open for Vela.

So you are agreeing with my original post?

Wenger14

Established Member
ibby said:
I don't classify him as one because he isn't one. Not rocket science is it? The only reason Wenger plays him there is to keep his mouth shut & give him some minutes.

And as a matter of fact Hleb is our second choice left mid, after that it is a toss between Walcott, Eduardo & Diaby.
Does it really matter what you classify him as though? It's where he currently plays for us. Anyway the fact that you yourself agree that he isn't one should tell you that we need another player in there.

If Hlebs second choice left mid, that makes Eboue third choice wide mid. Again, this clearly shows we're lacking a wide mid.

ibby said:

So we agree here?
How in the world do we agree? You think he'll walk into any team as a rm, I just said no he wouldn't. I can't believe I'm having this convo.

ibby said:

You are misquoting what I said. I haven't included Manchester United for a reason, the reason is because they have better wingers than us and anyone in the world for that matter.
So why don't you include Manchester United? Shouldn't we have wingers similiar in quality to theirs? So you'd settle to be second best to them in that position? Don't you think that alone backs my point? Having better players than Liverpool is hardly an achievement if we want to be the best in this country.

ibby said:

So you are agreeing with my original post?
Nope. You think we have sufficient quality in depth, I think we don't. How is that agreeing?

I can't believe I'm having this discussion.

ibby

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
Does it really matter what you classify him as though? It's where he currently plays for us. Anyway the fact that you yourself agree that he isn't one should tell you that we need another player in there.

If Hlebs second choice left mid, that makes Eboue third choice wide mid. Again, this clearly shows we're lacking a wide mid.

Eboue as third choice :shock:

Quick call the cops :roll:

How in the world do we agree? You think he'll walk into any team as a rm, I just said no he wouldn't. I can't believe I'm having this convo.

Again, this shows your stupidity when having an argument. When did I EVER say Eboue would walk into any team as a RM? I said he would walk into any top four team, I didn't mention no position. :roll:

So why don't you include Manchester United? Shouldn't we have wingers similiar in quality to theirs? So you'd settle to be second best to them in that position? Don't you think that alone backs my point? Having better players than Liverpool is hardly an achievement if we want to be the best in this country.

Ok, you got it all wrong there.

They have the best wingers in the world. We don't and that isn't just because of our back up, but the players we got playing there regularly (Hleb and Rosicky).

Lets face it, Rosicky and Hleb aren't the best wingers in the world and will never be so what do you want us to do, buy the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Ronaldinho to be the worlds best?

Nope. You think we have sufficient quality in depth, I think we don't. How is that agreeing?

Agreeing in respect with us not signing anyone. :roll:

Wenger14

Established Member
Look I promised myself that would be last few minutes I waste on this discussion.

But I just had to respond to this;

Again, this shows your stupidity when having an argument. When did I EVER say Eboue would walk into any team as a RM? I said he would walk into any top four team, I didn't mention no position
Why on earth would you be talking about Eboue as right back in a discussion about wide midfielders?

I think we've found ourselves A-M's new Kel Varnsen :lol:

ibby

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
Look I promised myself that would be last few minutes I waste on this discussion.

Again, this shows your stupidity when having an argument. When did I EVER say Eboue would walk into any team as a RM? I said he would walk into any top four team, I didn't mention no position
Why on earth would you be talking about Eboue as right back in a discussion about wide midfielders?

I placed the bait and you took it.

:roll:

Wenger14

Established Member
The bait for what exactly? bloody hell I feel like I'm talking to a 10 year old here!

Hold on, Ibby, you aren't 10 are you?

ibby

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
The bait for what exactly? bloody hell I feel like I'm talking to a 10 year old here!

Hold on, Ibby, you aren't 10 are you?

See again, I placed the bait and you took it.

It really isn't cool for a Local Mod to be outsmarted by a 10 year old is it?

Wenger14

Established Member
good gosh :lol:

I seem to have lot more intelligent convos with my 5 year old cousin.

Anyway this has gone way off topic, so let's stop here.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Wenger14 said:

Where's kel btw?

True Gooner

Established Member
Wenger14 said:

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom