• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
Van der Vaart is superb.

But he doesn't fit our profile, does he? His favourite (and best) role is being a central midifeld playmaker.

His style would best suit the Spanish league (he is half spanish and wants to play for one of the big teams there), although I am sure he'd fit in the EPL.

Anyone who thinks, that he would go to Arsenal to accept a back-up role needs his head checked.

Further, I think with Hleb as a sure starter, playing him LM or RM would be a waste and limit his immense potential in central midfield.

Forget about it. Unless Cesc leaves.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sammer said:
Van der Vaart is superb.

But he doesn't fit our profile, does he? His favourite (and best) role is being a central midifeld playmaker.

His style would best suit the Spanish league (he is half spanish and wants to play for one of the big teams there), although I am sure he'd fit in the EPL.

Anyone who thinks, that he would go to Arsenal to accept a back-up role needs his head checked.

Further, I think with Hleb as a sure starter, playing him LM or RM would be a waste and limit his immense potential in central midfield.

Forget about it. Unless Cesc leaves.
Exactly.
I highlighted the bit I have said before, but I agree with the whole post.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
He would just need a fair chance like everybody else. He's confident enough to believe he'll play Rosicky out of the team (think he would). By the way scored again tonight v Rennes in the UEFA Cup.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Interesting enough, next HSV game in Uefa cup is match with 2 of our targets, Dinamo (Modrić) vs HSV (vdVaart).

clockwork orange

Thommybhoy said:
Interesting enough, next HSV game in Uefa cup is match with 2 of our targets, Dinamo (Modrić) vs HSV (vdVaart).
Should be a great match. Would be happy with either of them. Both very good players. Know that little Dutch **** (he played for the archrivals of my fav Dutch club) a little better.

VDV will go to Spain anyway. At least that's what I think.

Gurgen

Established Member
I think he'll go to Spain too, but I wouldn't mind him here. Doesn't he dislike RvP though? I read something like that a while ago.

clockwork orange

Gurgen said:
I think he'll go to Spain too, but I wouldn't mind him here. Doesn't he dislike RvP though? I read something like that a while ago.
they will never be best mates (understatement) but they both love football & don't seem to have a problem playing together for Holland (in fact I like them playing close to eachother)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Still think that we could have a really big chance to bring him in wich club was interested in him? Valencia only?

What would Valencia do with him? with the likes of,
Silva,Vicente,Joaquin? i dont see Vdvaart playing in a central role overthere because of Abelda and Edu. Vdvaart is more a number 10 or a player who can play of the wings.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Rvp has beef with everyone...didn't he have a tiff with Robben too?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
psycho said:

He doenst have a fight with everyone, there are always some discussions about players and at sometimes it looks like a hard discussion but its nothing more then that.

Vpersie&Vd vaart liked each other very well
And with the case Robben there is nothing i thought?

Lukazan

Established Member
I think I remember RVP basically calling Robben a greedy bastard before the World Cup..

But it's nothing. RVP set Robben up for a goal early in the World Cup and they seemed happy enough celebrating together, and it's not as if what RVP had said about Robben isn't spot on anyway. :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
This is the type of signing that would send this forum into a frenzy ;) Real classy player and kind of lost his way towards the end of his Ajax days but has looked decent at Hamburg. What was the reason for that decline at Ajax? I remember reading partying too much with his stunning bird and had lost his focus. Good to see him on the right track again. He scored a stunning goal against us last season, proper belter in the top corner unless I'm mistaken. Think we rely too much on Hleb and Fabregas because apart from those two we don't really have enough genuine creativity and even though I don't think this signing will happen someone like him would be ideal. Him, Hleb and Fabregas interchanging would be a breath taking sight.

Also didn't he pretend to be injured by picking his child up in the summer so he wouldn't be euro cup tied? Well at least he is creative with his excuses :lol:

kamikaze80

Established Member
psycho said:
i think that reflects more on the egos in the holland dressing room than on rvp.

and yes, jazz, vdv is the kind of signing that would leave my pants creamed. he oozes class and unlike some of our other midfielders, he likes to score goals (and happens to be good at it as well!)

Illusion

Established Member
I agree with Thommy, Modric is the better signing for us, and Modric is the most likely of the two to come to us.

van der Vaart feels like a Chelsea signing all over, as much as I would enjoy seeing him play for us, I don't see Wenger going for him.

Modric fits the requirements much better, and he also fits the Wenger requirements better.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
don't need him.
There aren't too many players we need. We just need another CB to cover for Toure - Senderos is incompetent at a club like ours.

A team winning the league -and currently unbeaten - means that there isn't too much going wrong.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
rednwhitearmy said:
A team winning the league -and currently unbeaten - means that there isn't too much going wrong.

Just wait.

You think we will just stroll up and grab the cup? Expect some BIG drama before we see the PL title again. We are the Arsenal. Nothing is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom