• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcdude24

Established Member
USArsenal said:
VDV for 6 million? i dont care if we "really" need im or not, but that's a great f*ing price for him

Was about to post this. VdV is quality, and I'd normally imagine he'd be at least 14 million.

Chelsea, Manure, and Liverpool could all use him more than we could; I think he'll end up at one of those three.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't go wrong 6M for a regular Dutch International. I think Rosicky cost Arsenal in a similar price bracket, right? KD does have a point here. Let's hope VdV and his consultants won't ask too much.

gstew

Klaus Daimler said:
It's a great price. He's probably got a ridiculous salary at Real though.
It has been quoted that he is on 60,000 pounds weekly.

How do we feel about selling Senderos for 6M and then spending 6M on VDV in the same week? The juxtaposition is just too weird to consider.

We don't need him, but I am one of those people that believes in rotation and competition. I would like to go through all season without a single player ever looking jaded. That is how Chelsea looked in 04/05. Everyone was fighting for their position with a point to prove.

Of course I would much prefer Sneijder. IMO he is the far superior player between the two.

viper_001

Established Member
Rosicky is going to be injured quite often, as will Diaby. There's no telling how Nasri will be when he returns, so already it looks like a brilliant deal. Too good to be true, almost...

There's no way Madrid would sell him for that little, and even if we were in for him, that means a team like Inter, Chelsea, or even Liverpool would, and they would be more than willing to pay his probable 15million asking price.

Assuming this is true (let's just say TDM isn't known for its journalistic integrity), it would probably end as another Ribery or Melo situation. :(

lee1001

Established Member
Yes ****ing please!!

Just the sort of situation Wenger would take advantage of. 6 million is a steal for this guy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
We don't need him, but that price is too attractive not to happen

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
We don't need him, but that price is too attractive not to happen

It's not about if we need him or not, but would he add depth & improve the team - answer is YES. H*ll for that matter we don't need Messi or Aguero, but I'd take them regardless. :wink:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
To bottomline to me is, nobody can say no to VdV for 6m.

If he is more expensive, then no point

Gurgen

Established Member
gstew said:
Klaus Daimler said:
It's a great price. He's probably got a ridiculous salary at Real though.
It has been quoted that he is on 60,000 pounds weekly.

How do we feel about selling Senderos for 6M and then spending 6M on VDV in the same week? The juxtaposition is just too weird to consider.

We don't need him, but I am one of those people that believes in rotation and competition. I would like to go through all season without a single player ever looking jaded. That is how Chelsea looked in 04/05. Everyone was fighting for their position with a point to prove.

Of course I would much prefer Sneijder. IMO he is the far superior player between the two.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't believe how much I laughed at that. You do realize that Van der Vaart starts over Sneijder for Holland even though he is on the stands for Madrid?

Anyway, Van der Vaart is quality, but I really don't see why we need another attacking midfielder. Yes he is very cheap but then again he eats wages as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom