• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

truth_hurts said:
Viking and Qs Diaby has the power to make them bursting midfield runs through the opposition as opposed to the kind of power (shouldering off opponents) that Song posseses. Diaby does have pressence as you always know he is on the pitch but whether thats a positive or negative pressence to the team depends on which side of the bed he woke up out of! If you are going to replace Diaby it should be for a similar style player and still cannot see why both couldn't play in the same team.

So presence now means that the opposition knows he's on the pitch? Erm okay.

Diaby might have power, but when he uses it every 20th game it's as pointless as nipples on a coat.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yeah, Diaby only offers presence on the field in the sense that he's moving across a lot of space when he embarks on his many pointless dribbling raids. Where it truly matters, though, in tight spaces and pressured situations, you wouldn't even know he's on the field. That's the main difference between him and Denilson/Song. Presence - distribution and speed of thought apart - is the main thing he need to offer more of.

run

Sign VDV and we could have a proper squad again...Rosicky, Nasri, Denilson make for a fearsome bench.

Him and Hangeland before the close of the window would make me very happy. Them plus Chamakah or a DM would make me lose my mind.

thegame24

Established Member
I think we need another attacker but we also need a defensive minded power player like song. WHen he goes africa we are screwed

number_0

Established Member
Now if only him and rosicky could synchronize their injuries to be far apart So we never have them both in the same team, that would be ace.

Heck they can share the same squad number and I don't think they will ever clash.

number_0

Established Member
sylvie-van-der-vaart-photo.jpg

She would be a big hit in the dressing room

est

thegame24 said:
I think we need another attacker but we also need a defensive minded power player like song. WHen he goes africa we are screwed
Agree with this. Song is probably the only player for whom we don't have any considerable back-up.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He's a very good player, but he's not the type of midfielder we need. Also with the health issues currently surrounding his wife, he may not be fully focused on football.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Dont think "team spirit" extends to such affairs

hehe dirty mind pat ;)

Heard his wife has breast cancer so that kind of complicates things. Wouldn't mind him here for £6mill though, would be a great bit of business. Sounds too good to be true though so I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna happen :)

otfgoon

Established Member
Why are folks surprised by the price tag? Hamburg bought him for like 4m and Real for around 8m if memory serves me correctly. Its not like he's done anything brilliant at Madrid to drive his price up.

JazzG

Established Member
Both picked him up when his contract was about to run up unless I'm mistaken and I don't think that is the case here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Can't be bothered to go into Diabys strenth, I defend him enough in his topic! Viking look for a definition of pressence pal. VDV is not coming people.

Viking

truth_hurts said:
Viking and Qs Diaby has the power to make them bursting midfield runs through the opposition as opposed to the kind of power (shouldering off opponents) that Song posseses. Diaby does have pressence as you always know he is on the pitch but whether thats a positive or negative pressence to the team depends on which side of the bed he woke up out of! If you are going to replace Diaby it should be for a similar style player and still cannot see why both couldn't play in the same team.

If you seriously believe presence is just being on the pitch (which is basically what you claim in the part I made bold), then it's probably you who should look it up.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Presence for me is the feeling that someone/something is there. In football terms I relate pressence to involvement in the game. For me Diaby is never quiet, you always know Diaby is playing and so do opponents. In his bad games he is innefective, a negatibve influence on the team and will frustrate but will still be on the ball and attempting to penetrate the opposition half. When Diaby is having a good game he is equally as involved but will make better decisions - he is always involved. A player such as Denilson or even Sagna do not have pressence as they can quietly go about their business. I'm guessing you thought I meant he has physical pressence which he does also but like a Vidic, essien or Drogba.

The only players I see as having presence in our squad are TV, Song, Diaby, Cesc, Arshavin and Eduardo. Anyway I want diaby and VDV here.

Viking

truth_hurts said:
Presence for me is the feeling that someone/something is there. In football terms I relate pressence to involvement in the game. For me Diaby is never quiet, you always know Diaby is playing and so do opponents. In his bad games he is innefective, a negatibve influence on the team and will frustrate but will still be on the ball and attempting to penetrate the opposition half. When Diaby is having a good game he is equally as involved but will make better decisions - he is always involved. A player such as Denilson or even Sagna do not have pressence as they can quietly go about their business. I'm guessing you thought I meant he has physical pressence which he does also but like a Vidic, essien or Drogba.

The only players I see as having presence in our squad are TV, Song, Diaby, Cesc, Arshavin and Eduardo. Anyway I want diaby and VDV here.

I don't think I'll ever agree with any of that nonsense, sorry mate :)

McIntyre

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
number_0 said:
sylvie-van-der-vaart-photo.jpg

She would be a big hit in the dressing room

Dont think "team spirit" extends to such affairs

She'd be a big hit in the stands too. But I don't think "team spirit" extends that far either. :(

Although, I'd pity the guy getting sloppy seconds at number 2 let alone the guy at 60,000! :p :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom