• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lehmann is a liability

dafish

Sammer said:
you forgot about many people on this topic, that stood up for Lehmann - me and Reggie were just the ones

ya... i'm surprised that no one else has defended Lehmann. If he is truly so bad at goal keeping then can u list all the mistakes that was his fault for the entire season?

I'm sure you'll find that he only has a couple which are inevitable for any keeper. IMO i think DS1 made more mistakes in his last 2 or 3 seasons in arsenal so i don't know what on earth everyone is on his case for.

the only other keeper i would've swapped Lehmann for in the League would only be Tim Howard or Dudek (i know i'm gonna get flamed for this) and that was only when they were fit.

if u would look at the semi match i blame Toure more than Lehmann. He was infront of scholes and was in Lehmann's way, but he only stood there flicking his feet instead of running Scholes down which i would've done. That was about the only obvious mistake i've seen our def make all season. kolo got in the way and Jens had to dive which ever way he thought the shot was coming.

so chill out people. Lehmann is eccentric but not stupid. u guys think he's being wound up by the opponents, but i think he's trying to wound up Ronaldo cos he's causing much trouble on poor cole.

anyways, instead of booing him while Lehmann plays today (it's 2:30pm on TSN for fellow canadians) i'm going to be cheering him and make sure he uses his 1 yellow card wisely on choosing who to push on the floor tonite :twisted:

Marky249

do u lot fu....kin belive me now?? i originally posted this and got slaged off!!!!! Hope u let who said lehmann was good are happy! :cry:

Jasper

Lehmann sucks!

I've supported him for so long through thick and thin and this happens.

He deserves the blame for our loss and there is no excuse.

I want a new goalkeeper.

We've come so far to be let down so easily.

Lauren also sucks. I want a new right back. He got outpaced by W. Bridge. His defending and passing was horrid!

I am so mad and so sick!

I hope these two do not cost us the premiership!

JazzG

Established Member
I've defended this guy so many times but no more. He has to be replaced, to make that kind of mistake in the semi final is just too much.

patrick42uk

Established Member
he lost my support ever since kiev. those who supported him through tht and his countless mistakes fine. but right now the club seriously needs to look for a new keeper. wenger for once has to be ruthless.

A

Anonymous

How long can this guy carry on getting away with these mistakes? he has so far, but he cost us BIG TIME tonight.

I would say he is the reason we are out of the CL as two of their goals are down to him, but Freddie, Pires, Henry, Bergkamp all have not performed when it mattered most.

Nawoo

when was that first goal his fault!!!!!!!??????

Makalele's shot was so ferocious no keeper in the world would have saved it

JazzG

Established Member
He should of smacked it out of danger, instead he got a forearm on it, then smacked his face and went straight to Lampard's feet. Was blatently his fault and we looked **** after that.

laolu

I do believe Lehmann is a liability but I don't believe that goal was his fault. I keep and I know how difficult it is to stop a shot, he blocked but didn't punch it to the right place, why did the defence give lampard so much space to be able to rebound.

face it, today wasn't about lehmann, today showed arsenal what we really are, a team that isn't as good as everybody says we are believes we are. now, wenger has to beat some sense in all those ****ing players and tell them to win the league, or else, the team should be ****ing disbanded

rachael-8

LEHMANN I STILL BELEIVE IN YOU

and i don't care what any of you say. how can you just blame him?

you win as a team,and you lose as a team

im devasted,im hurt,im shocked and upset,but im not blaming lehmann at all.i dont think he did nothing wrong tonight.

A

Anonymous

Nawoo said:
when was that first goal his fault!!!!!!!??????

Makalele's shot was so ferocious no keeper in the world would have saved it

A top top class keeper in the QF of the CL saves that shot with a minimum of fuss.

A second rate keeper saves it and pushes it out to the side.

Jens Lehmann ****s it up totally.

zerofeel

couldnt agree more with wat the forum seniors have said....RUTHLESS is the word for WENGER to dispose off players past their prime...now that lehmann has made another howler,hes goin rite on top of my list of players guilty of allowin the treble hope to diminish.... :x i've been giving this guy so many chances to prove me wrong and indeed he has proven me wrong by not learnin from his mistakes...he deserves to be second choice to KAHN..in fact Voller should just drop him from the german squad..

Top Bottom