• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
Has anybody thought of the down side to this, which is we LOSE ASHLEY COLE!? Yes the guy has been a grade A nob, and yes Clichy is very good, but Ashley is the best, and quite frankly if you have the best at your club, you want to make sure he stays there. It is quite possible that Baptista, who has already been benched and off form this season could look for a move anyway. This would mean we wouldn't have to get rid of Cole. Lets just hope this supposed tansfer kitty is not just a load of newspaper bollocks.

i agree with that
comeon think of it, a team only gets better if you keep the star players and buy some other stars
and not selling your star players and getting someother half star players who are off form :roll:
and btw what would real madrid need with cole if they are already getting cicinho (sp*). for gods sake do real madrid and chelsea want to rule football with money :?

asajoseph

Established Member
Real Madrid need more than Cole and Cicinho at the moment...

Anyhow, this is more important than winning and losing, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, we'll be a better team with Baptista, whether or not we lose Cole.

gstew

Jkreffer said:
Has anybody thought of the down side to this, which is we LOSE ASHLEY COLE!? Yes the guy has been a grade A nob, and yes Clichy is very good, but Ashley is the best, and quite frankly if you have the best at your club, you want to make sure he stays there. It is quite possible that Baptista, who has already been benched and off form this season could look for a move anyway. This would mean we wouldn't have to get rid of Cole. Lets just hope this supposed tansfer kitty is not just a load of newspaper bollocks.

I appreciate both Arsenal pride and England pride. But when did it become accepted common knowledge that Ashley Cole was the "best LB in the world"? He is a very good player and might even be among the best in the world. But he is no Zidane, nor Ronaldinho, nor Henry, etc.. These players exhibit qualities and perform on the pitch in such a way that they are obviously the best in the world. AC usually has very good games and sometimes he plays poorly. But I have seen him play almost 100 matches and I have never seen him be dominant to the point that I would declare "best in the world". Of the players I have seen, I am certain that Christian Chivu would be an upgrade. If there is an upgrade available, then I would have to disagree with any assertions of "best" about Cole. That being said, there are two positions on the pitch that "great" teams can consistently start just "good" players and not be hurt. Those positions are LB and RB. For this reason, I would sell any LB or RB in a heartbeat if someone was willing to overpay. That is why I feel perfectly fine when I see the name Clichy on the team sheet instead of Cole. Conversely, I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I see Flamini on the team sheet instead of Vieira.

nazo

Established Member
maradonad2g said:
well cicinho is a right back so I can see why they want cole

my bad, i just dont know what i was thinking there :eek:ops:
anyways ashley cole is still an important first team player to us
and if we could i would love to get babtista but not swapping ashley for him
and looking at AW's supposed wishlist he has: torres, kujit, and babtista (still not sure), which are all considered attacking players.
btw did clichy get injured today in the france vs england game, he left the game around half time due to injury :x

fuma75

gstew said:
But he is no Zidane, nor Ronaldinho, nor Henry, etc..
Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry are not Left Back you know....
Cole is THE best Left Back in the world. no doubt about that.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
[/quote]

AC usually has very good games and sometimes he plays poorly. But I have seen him play almost 100 matches and I have never seen him be dominant to the point that I would declare "best in the world". Of the players I have seen, I am certain that Christian Chivu would be an upgrade. If there is an upgrade available, then I would have to disagree with any assertions of "best" about Cole. That being said, there are two positions on the pitch that "great" teams can consistently start just "good" players and not be hurt. Those positions are LB and RB. For this reason, I would sell any LB or RB in a heartbeat if someone was willing to overpay. That is why I feel perfectly fine when I see the name Clichy on the team sheet instead of Cole. .[/quote]

I don't agree with you there, of all the best teams in europe right now all of team have alteast one kick as L/R back, Zambrotta in Juve, Cafu in Milan, Carlos in Real, Lahm in Bayern, Del Horno Ferreria in Chelski, they are all very important parts of their teams. A good L/R back can take care of an whole side themself like Calros or Zambrotta. A good L/R back also provides excellent crosses, plays one twos with wingers, an pass-option for CD:s and overlaping runs. I would say that it is the hardest position to have in a team if you are going to be great. This style of play is quite new in football and something that soon everybody will have, There won't be any teams with four strong guys in the back.

asajoseph

Established Member
We gave the tosspot another year, for 8 million? Was his value really that low last summer to make that extra year worthwhile?

i would like to see ashley stay just because of the fact that if he does leave then we'll need to buy another LB as back up for clichy.

if madrid REALLY want him, they have the money, so they can pay up, afterall he is one of, if not the best LB in the world so i think this talk about him leaving for just 8million is an absolute joke.

and on baptista, he has looked average at real, there are plenty of other players i would rather see us buy.

Wenger14

Established Member
That's it I've had it with Cole really, he can **** off for all I care. I'll gladly pay him to do so.
Clichy with Hoyte as back up sounds good enough for me.

mrsvanpersie

Wenger14 said:
That's it I've had it with Cole really, he can **** off for all I care. I'll gladly pay him to do so.
Clichy with Hoyte as back up sounds good enough for me.
exactly.
you're better of having players that play with commitment, like clichy has been doing (although he's still young and learning), rather than someone like cole, who seems to be looking for a way out - i mean the tapping up affair, the one year contract deal, which came with a buy out clause...........oh well, he can fcuk off - arsenal isnt a one man team.......................

asajoseph

Established Member
UEFA rule won't happen.

Anyway, according to KingReyes' article, there's a buyout clause in his contract. Considering he just signed a new one, why the hell did we put that in there, if the whole point was keeping him for one more season to get more money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom