• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wenger14

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Wenger14 said:
That's it I've had it with Cole really, he can f**k off for all I care.

Why have you had it with Cole now?

Well I've had his back even after this whole Tapping up saga, and really thought he put it behind him by signing an extension blah blah.

But if this buy-out clause whatever is true, it's just confrimation that he's an even bigger prick than before.

Has he once come out and said sorry to the fans? No. All he has done is defend going behind our back to one of our biggest rivals. That shoudl have made me turn agaisnt him but I always gave him the benefit of the doubt and made up excuses along the way. It's the boards fault, its his agents fault, etc.

But still thinking about it now, he hasn't done a thing to win back our support, and IMO it's because he cares **** all about the club and its fans anymore. Hence I would be more than glad if he leaves, Clichy is more than able and I'm hoping Hoyte will prove to be a very able back-up.

In saying that, however I still find I do have a soft spot for Ashley, I wouldn't want 1 of our 2 english starters out, BUT only and only if he does the right thing, and win back the fans without just ****ing it up more and more. The more reports I see on Ashley Cole, it just gets me even more pissed off at the lad.

Taozhe

If he continues to give us that attitude, I am sad to say it's best he leaves the club. This will not be a good influence on the talents we are building up and on the team spirit.

Wenger14

Established Member
Taozhe said:
If he continues to give us that attitude, I am sad to say it's best he leaves the club. This will not be a good influence on the talents we are building up and on the team spirit.

Impossible to argue with that.

Zico

Established Member
Arsenal has had some rotten apples around of late. We shook punk-ass Vieira, now it's time to throw out Cole if this 8 million quid clause is true. Last season we would've been able to offload this cat for at least 12 - 15 million quid and I'm sure his value is still in that range. why would Cole put that price 8 million pound price in?
The following possible reasons wouldn't be mutually exclusive:

1) He knows its well below his market value and it guarantees him a transfer next season.

2) Arsenal were tempted to sell him but were scared of the appearance of an exodus if both Cole and Vieira left. Same reason we kept Pires.

All the love I used to have for Cole... maybe Larsson can earn it.

Feis-al

Wenger14 said:
Taozhe said:

Impossible to argue with that.

Let alone adding on that kind of sense, but I hope we are wrong and Cole is determined to stay here.

burnsjed

Established Member
Well if he does have that clause for GBP8mil, then the swap deal is a pipe dream, unless we are paying them a lot of cash to

bluenaz said:
Jkreffer said:
Has anybody thought of the down side to this, which is we LOSE ASHLEY COLE!? Yes the guy has been a grade A nob, and yes Clichy is very good, but Ashley is the best, and quite frankly if you have the best at your club, you want to make sure he stays there. It is quite possible that Baptista, who has already been benched and off form this season could look for a move anyway. This would mean we wouldn't have to get rid of Cole. Lets just hope this supposed tansfer kitty is not just a load of newspaper bollocks.

i agree with that
comeon think of it, a team only gets better if you keep the star players and buy some other stars
and not selling your star players and getting someother half star players who are off form :roll:
and btw what would real madrid need with cole if they are already getting cicinho (sp*). for gods sake do real madrid and chelsea want to rule football with money :?

Zico

Established Member
Real Madrid are using Cicinho at Right Back. Ashley Cole would presumably be their Left Back.

Teams will always refresh. Given his skill and youth it would be ideal to keep Ashley, but if we are able to land a combo midfield-attacker for him I think that would be a deal worth considering seriously.

hleb

Established Member
Anyone really believe this will happen? my mind says 50/50. I think real are interested, but is baptista keen to switch club after only 1 year? does cole want to go? If we are interested, does this rule out going for a CM in the transfer window?

the dawn raids

Established Member
as much as id like to see this happen, i really cant see it. a defender for an attacking midfielder just doesnt sound like Madrid.

hleb

Established Member
yeah but if they get Ballack as well, I don't see where Baptista will fit in. Considering manu's performances this season I don't see Ballack going anywhere near them. Hell, I even think we have as good a chance as them getting him. i guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
hleb said:
Anyone really believe this will happen? my mind says 50/50. I think real are interested, but is baptista keen to switch club after only 1 year? does cole want to go? If we are interested, does this rule out going for a CM in the transfer window?

A CM plus Baptista means that we won't sign Torres IMO. Baptista would do great as a striker in Arsenal bringing another dimension to our game.

mariaines

but.. could he play with Henry?? and what about RVP?? where is he going to be? i think bringing in baptista would be a serious mistake.. torres has a better attitude (seems to me baptista is very happy to be watching madrid disaster from the distance..and when he cames in (from what i've seen..which is not much since madrid is disgusting to me) he seems not to try enough.. i'd go for torres instead since he has only played for atletico madrid and i think he knows that if he's not signed by a big club like Arsenal he would spend the rest of his career without winning anything (he won't win anything at atletico de madrid)

kel varnsen

Established Member
we should definately keep cole. no matter what he did, we can't afford to lose one of our best players. first of all, real will never be interested in giving us baptista, casillas or any of their top players. neither will any other club that might be interested in cole. second, it doesn't matter how much money we can get for cole, as wenger would never would spend any of it to sign a decent replacement.

asajoseph

Established Member
Let's not confuse 'should' and 'would' in the same argument.

Arsène Wenger 'should' personally drop Ashley Cole off at the nearest bus-stop to Madrid, and 'should' invest that money and more in the team.

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner Ashley goes the better, regardless of whether or not we get any money for him at all. In fact, if he went to Madrid and they sent us the bill for his airfair I'd still be happy that he was gone, just a little bemused by our lack of business acumen. But that part's just a moral point associated with my feelings towards the player. I vaguely understand people that feel differently to me about that, but there's nothing I can do to force anyone to share my oppinion, so I'll just let it lie.

If we didn't get a suitable footballing return for selling him, I guess I can see why people would be pissed off. I can see why people wouldn't want him to go. He's good, no doubt, and I'm slightly distrusting of Wenger to spend any money he gets properly. But that doesn't change the fact that I hate Cole's guts, and feel that every time he pulls on an Arsenal shirt is a slap in the face to every fan that genuinely cares about the club and the game. So I want him gone, no matter what. Sod the football. If Wenger doesn't spend the cash properly, that's his own fault, but it doesn't mean I want to see a dishonest, backstabbing un-remorseful prick like Cole get paid huge sums of money to do a job that many would do for 1% of his salary. I don't even want him associated with Arsenal any more in any way. Heck, if I had my way, his name would be stricken out of the Arsenal history books. But hey, that's just how I feel.

A

Anonymous

I think Hoyte playing left back for Sunderland could be a factor. Hoyte having the ability of playing on either side is a huge benefit for the squad. When Hoyte comes back we have 5 fullbacks and 1 will have to go, I just hope its Cole.

MightyArsenal

Did anyone see cole on that award show on channel 4 on sunday? He won best couple award (him and that slapper from girls aloud). When they came up to collect the award it was cringeworthy. He didnt say a word, he girlfreind did all the talking. And he just stood there like a *****. Shes the reason for this change in him. I bet they think they can become the new posh and beckham..... Get him out as fast as possible (for as much money).

YourFriendPaul

MightyArsenal said:
...He won best couple award....

'Best couple' ? What is this, a school dance?

Anyway, someone(s) has said before, that swap deals never actually happen. I'm inclined to agree. Too many personal / professional factors involved.

However... You never know. Stranger things have happened. Plus, doesn't Wenger see Baptista as more of a CAM, and not a striker? It might work...

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Let's not confuse 'should' and 'would' in the same argument.

Arsène Wenger 'should' personally drop Ashley Cole off at the nearest bus-stop to Madrid, and 'should' invest that money and more in the team.

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner Ashley goes the better, regardless of whether or not we get any money for him at all. In fact, if he went to Madrid and they sent us the bill for his airfair I'd still be happy that he was gone, just a little bemused by our lack of business acumen. But that part's just a moral point associated with my feelings towards the player. I vaguely understand people that feel differently to me about that, but there's nothing I can do to force anyone to share my oppinion, so I'll just let it lie.

If we didn't get a suitable footballing return for selling him, I guess I can see why people would be pissed off. I can see why people wouldn't want him to go. He's good, no doubt, and I'm slightly distrusting of Wenger to spend any money he gets properly. But that doesn't change the fact that I hate Cole's guts, and feel that every time he pulls on an Arsenal shirt is a slap in the face to every fan that genuinely cares about the club and the game. So I want him gone, no matter what. Sod the football. If Wenger doesn't spend the cash properly, that's his own fault, but it doesn't mean I want to see a dishonest, backstabbing un-remorseful prick like Cole get paid huge sums of money to do a job that many would do for 1% of his salary. I don't even want him associated with Arsenal any more in any way. Heck, if I had my way, his name would be stricken out of the Arsenal history books. But hey, that's just how I feel.

i mean both should and would. as long as wenger won't spend any money, it is imperative that we hang on to our best players. our apathy in the transfer market is letting our players holding the club hostage. squizing the club for money.

all this would be resolved if only wenger spent some real money.

asajoseph

Established Member
Kel, I do know what you mean mate.

I'm guessing that your first choice is the same as mine - sell cole, invest the money wisely (correct me if I'm wrong). That's where the 'should' comes in.

It's our second choice where we differ - it's not that Wenger shouldn't sell Cole, it's the fact that he wouldn't do it properly, i.e. he wouldn't spend the money in improving the squad that causes you to want Cole to stay. Personally, winning's less important to me than selling the guy, although I see no reason why we couldn't come out a better team at the end of it if we approached the situation properly. But that's just a personal thing, and I've given up ranting at people who see it differently ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom