• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsvanpersie

Flamini did a sterling job as left-back. Personally, I've always hated Ca$hl£y for what happened, but the article is from The Sun...:)
Can't deny that Ca$hl£y is a great player, but maybe its time he left - this Chelsea saga is really doing my head in.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I disagree with anyone that says Clichy is just as good as Cole.

And settling to have Flamini as a back-up is not good enough in my mind. He should be used there strictly as an emergency.

I'd rather have Cole in the team at all times, but if there is any kind of disharmony within the team and it affects the teams performances, then get rid of him.

He will always perform on the pitch, and if he stops doing so, then I'll be all for him leaving.

Feis-al

coleandclichy said:
He's got to quit dressing like Kanye West:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source ... &p=7&tag=1

I know it's got nothing to do with how he plays for Arsenal but it really irritates me. [/img]

No offence mate but Kanye West is one of the most enlightened and Learned rappers you will find. To like him would be a honour, believe me

Back to the topic, Just like many here, I don't want to believe this rubbish and I say rubbish because of the source BUT IF it's true, I swear this guy is going to kill team spirit ad I don't care whether it's the Chav, Real or Barca, Just let him loose. As I sad, if it's true, Even the English die-hards will want him off butLets wait and see before we jump onto conclusions.

apollo

mrsvanpersie said:
Flamini did a sterling job as left-back. Personally, I've always hated Ca$hl£y for what happened, but the article is from The Sun...:)
Can't deny that Ca$hl£y is a great player, but maybe its time he left - this Chelsea saga is really doing my head in.

hey mate!!...I liked that (and I hope I can get it right) "Ca$hl£y" thing... :D , that's creativity people :D ...cheers

Arsenal_Soldier

I doubt Wenger would have gone even if he was asked, he will be at the Underhill as we have the first of our pre-season friendlies against Barnet tomorrow.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Flamini played really good on the left last season, but I would really like see Lahm as LB if Cole leaves. 16M from Cole + some more money and Bayern won't say no IMO. For around 20-25M they would sell him and he wouldn't dissapoint.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Thommybhoy said:
Flamini played really good on the left last season, but I would really like see Lahm as LB if Cole leaves. 16M from Cole + some more money and Bayern won't say no IMO. For around 20-25M they would sell him and he wouldn't dissapoint.

for a left back?

you got to be kidding me...

i know lahm is good but with that kind of money, that's just too much...

we don't need another rio kind of transfer here... not at arsenal

Arsenalguru

Do you think Wenger hates Cashley that he wouldn't go to his wedding if invited?

A friendly match with full of 2nd string players can easily be handled by the reserve coach.

If Wenger used that as an excuse, it would be very harsh. He should, at least, show up briefly at the wedding even if he wants to see the friendly game.

Do you think Wenger hates Cashley or Cashley hates Wenger?

regele

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
You realise that it's 16 mil £ right? 20 M for Lahm is outrageousley high because:
a) Cole is a better player than him
b) Most people(myself included) have never heard of him before this WC, I think we should wait and see just how good he is during an entire season to really form a objective opinion on him and his price.[/quote]

coleandclichy

Feis-al said:
coleandclichy said:
He's got to quit dressing like Kanye West:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source ... &p=7&tag=1

I know it's got nothing to do with how he plays for Arsenal but it really irritates me. [/img]

No offence mate but Kanye West is one of the most enlightened and Learned rappers you will find. To like him would be a honour, believe me

Back to the topic, Just like many here, I don't want to believe this rubbish and I say rubbish because of the source BUT IF it's true, I swear this guy is going to kill team spirit ad I don't care whether it's the Chav, Real or Barca, Just let him loose. As I sad, if it's true, Even the English die-hards will want him off butLets wait and see before we jump onto conclusions.

I don't want to get into a music-related argument, and I truly do admire Kanye's musical abilitym (I think he's a much better producer than rapper though, for example his work on Common's 'Be'), but he is an egotistical, self-centred, obnoxious individual.

Quite like Cashley in a way!

Thommybhoy

Established Member
regele said:
Thommybhoy said:
You realise that it's 16 mil £ right? 20 M for Lahm is outrageousley high because:
b) Most people(myself included) have never heard of him before this WC, I think we should wait and see just how good he is during an entire season to really form a objective opinion on him and his price.
I realise that it's pounds of course. I remember Lahm making fools of chelski defence with his, now well known, moves when he was in Stuttgart on loan from Bayern. He was originaly RD but Magarth needed LD at one point and tried the youngster. After that he only lost his place when he was injured. He also had and injury this season, but as everybody could see he recovered pretty well. We had recently interview with Stuttgart legendary captain Zvonimir Soldo and he said that Lahm impressed him on daily bases in Stuttgart and that he needed only 3 months from Bundesliga debut to Elf debut! I don't think that 20M would be too much because I'm sure he'll improve into world class player.

Shalom

Is it true that Cole asked Wenger to send the wedding present by mail so he doesn't come to the wedding??

Can this guy get any lower. If i was Wenger I would burn his wedding present and mail it to him. :evil:

jon81

Posted:
b) Most people(myself included) have never heard of him before this WC, I think we should wait and see just how good he is during an entire season to really form a objective opinion on him and his price.

If u have watch the Euro 2004, u would have heard of Lahm. His performance especially against Holland was good even though the German team was crap. [/quote]

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
jay-d said:
Can't believe you all are already falling for the Suns' headlines without knowing the facts the Sun is known for sensational headlines half of them bollox but because it's about Cole you jump on him. Let's just wait if he really is determined to leave Wenger will sell him but this could all be Sun bullshit yet half of you are screaming and crying already.

At least one of us still has their head screwed on! So what if Cole didn't invite Wenger?!? How would The S*n know that anyway?? If I'm not mistaken, Wenger will be taking charge of a game at Underhill and maybe have just chose to do that instead of showing up for a celebrity wedding.

Did you ever see Fergie at Becks' or Nev's wedding?? The gutter press know that the Cole thing is still a sensitive issue and they also know his book's about to be published, so what better way to stoke some ill-feeling than by printing a quote-free story the day before his wedding?

Remember this is the same newspaper that's just been forced to make an apology and pay over £30,000 damages to Cole and DJ Masterstepz of Choice FM for publishing a bulls*** story about certain activity with a mobile phone.

And lastly, how the f***k can anyone advocate the sale of Cole to Chelscum. That's their one weak position and people are suggesting we plug a hole in their deficiency, while weakening our own already inexperienced defence further in the process!?

£16m so what? It guarantees you nothing in an already over inflated market. You just don't go selling your best players to your biggest rivals. Did you see that performance in the CL final? Did that look like someone who doesn't love his club?

Dein acted like a c*** over Cole's contract. Cole's beef is with Dein, not us. Why can't the two of them just sit down and thrash out their differences!

Arsenalguru

Frankly speaking, I felt before the WC that Cole would leave us this summer, probably to Spain or Italy.

It would make sense if he is going to leave the country that he has his wedding now.

Just can't imagine, if it is true, that he doesn't invite Wenger. He is a great player, but what a person he is...

mrsvanpersie

To be honest, who he does/doesn't invite to the wedding is none of our business. It may have have been nice to invite Wenger, but why he did/didn't is none of our concern.
This thread is about to derail, thanks to all the Hello and OK! magazine writers here. Just remember that its The Sun, who are coming out with this 'news'...
Can we please quit the speculation, and get back to the original topic?

MrHanson

Whats important is how cole performs on the pitch as far as i'm concerned not who or whos was not invited to his weeding and why should you guys even care about who's invited. Besides the sun and cole aren't best of friends, remember they had to pay compensation to him over the gay footballer slur, so they are trying to make allegations to tarnish his reputation imo.

Arsenalguru

Have you ever been a boss? Direct subordinate's wedding is not a non of my business, but a must go event.

Missing it, without any appropriate reason, would cause disrespectful not only from that subordinate but possibly the whole team. The kind of negative vibe that will be difficult to fix.

If Wenger doen't show up for any reason, it will be a big negative question mark in every team member's mind and yes, it will affect the team's performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom