• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love Pascal Cygan.

RC8 said:
Lahm would be brilliant.

It is terrible how bad luck has Arsène had when he's gone for english talent. Jeffers (who failed to perform), Pennant (who acted like an idiot), Campbell (didn't really do anything wrong but ended up leaving), and now Cole (no comments). Hopefully Theo will make him change his mind, although Sol did very well for 4 years.

Sol will forever remain a gooner legend :worthy

The press and fans of other sides always make a big deal about how english players are thin on the ground at Arsenal.

Jeffers, Pennant and Cole are all **** ups and now we're being quoted a price of £8m-£10m for Curtis Davies.

Ferdinand -£29.1m
Rooney - £20m.
Owen - A part time footballer who would have cost £17m.

'Roastings', fighting with each other on the pitch etc

Is it any surprise that Wenger is apprehensive about buying English players?

Fabregas is a Catalan and he's shown us more loyalty than Cole - a product of our youth system.

Anyone worried about what Cole may say about Titi? I doubt we know the full extent of how serious Henry was about leaving us to join Barca. What if Cole reveals the contents of private chats he had with Henry about it all?

It's worst case scenario time...

JazzG

Established Member
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 20,00.html

Just read that article but with it being in the sun I'm not so sure if I should believe it but a lot of these rumours about Cole have been around for a while now.

Instead of having Bergkamp's first match at Ashburton we should have a public stoning of Ashley Cole. I'd pay good money to get tickets for that!

Arsenal_FAN1983

We are just blaming Cole for what he did, but from what he is saying in his book maybe we (Arsenal) set him up to get back at Chelsea?

There is two sides to a story and every side of the story needs to be heard!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
We are just blaming Cole for what he did, but from what he is saying in his book maybe we (Arsenal) set him up to get back at Chelsea?

There is two sides to a story and every side of the story needs to be heard!

The voice of reason is always somewhere out there!

Guys, we shouldn't over-react about this. Until the book is published, there'll be dribs and drabs of nonsense like this on a daily basis. Cole has not reacted very nicely, but you have to feel that someone, somewhere along the line has really put their foot in.

Remember the source that this is coming from. I know Cole has been stupid to publish this book at this point in time, but those quotes probably tell about 1% of his story in the book.

On their own, they are bound to be serialised an published with spin.

Note the difference;

Newspaper A) "We struggled to find our rhythmn in the league last year, after Vieira left, we had one of our most disappointing seasons in years". Said Cole.

The S*n) Cole then Criticised Wenger, "after Vieira left, our decline from invincibility to near crisis continues"

They will use evocative opening sentences like

'ASHLEY COLE insists Arsenal “fed him to the sharks’’ in the tap-up row with Chelsea.'

Straight away, it has an effect on the reader that dictates how open or close minded they'll be about the rest of the article.

Then they'll finish by saying;

"The England defender’s claims have infuriated the hierarchy at the Emirates Stadium — and seem certain to pave the way for his sale next week."

Cole is not the sharpest tool in the box, but the gutter press have had a field day with this one. Remember when they did the same with Jaap Stam's book? I would have thought Ash and his publishers should have known better.

The only people paving the way for his sale are the S*n who will then promptly turn around and publish a story criticising the club for having sold its last remaining English first-teamer.

They're not stupid either. They'll have sought legal advice before publishing these 'revelations' in order to see how far they can push the barrier. They cannot be sued for libel, even if the quotes they print from his book are not verbatim. With a good lawyer, the S*n can argue such that their case satisfies the two basic following requirements in defence against libel claims;

1) They printed out what was to be true, however worded.
2) They printed out something of 'value'

Proof of malicious intent would be difficult on Cole's part, since he himself has authorised the publication of his book.

It's not easy, but just do your best to hold back your emotion until you can read everything as it was meant to be read.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Eveyone should be judged fairly, and seeing as we don't know all the facts we can't be sure. Its so easy to say its all Cole's fault, maybe it is I don't know, but I won't go on about it.

Spec

Myles Palmer was on the radio a few nights ago and he said Cole will definateley leave.He said that he might move overseas for one year before retuning to London and Chelsea, as he wants to have a lifestyle like fellow Londoners-J.Cole,J.T. and Lampard.He seemed to imply that Cole would not go straight to Chelsea but that he is definately leaving. He also thought that Cloe wasn't injured for all that time last season,and that he was only made fit at the end in time for the Champions League final...Back on topic, when's the book out?

junialum

Ashley is such a disappointment. He has forgotten who brought him up, he has forgotten that he was once a nobody.

And he has forgotten that it was him who wanted to meet Chelsea when he was still under contract.

Ashley use that common sense of your's to think or has it been clouded with money.

I don't see him staying on for too long, Wenger doesn't tolerate players like that.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I don't understand why the concept of 'It's about the name on the front of the jersey, and not the back' is such a hard thing to grasp.

Gooner for 60 years

Amazing how old jokes can be tweaked to fit current affairs!

Out on her royal yacht the queen was enjoying the sea air when she
spied a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very
large shark. Through her binoculars she could see it was Ashley Cole, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the
poor man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in
time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing Arsenal
tops sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a
harpoon into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out
and pulled Cole from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to
death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Cole into the speedboat
along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they
heard frantic calling ....... It was the Queen calling them to the
yacht.
On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and
said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought
the Arsenal team would hate Cole after the revelations. But I see that you are true heroes and should serve as a model for sportsmanship."
She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Arsène asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," David Dien answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth
and knows everything about our country."

"Well," Arsène replied, "she knows **** all about shark fishing. How's
the bait holding up ?"

coleandclichy

**** him.

He can go shove his mobile phone where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure he won't play for Arsenal anymore, but where will he go. It all revolves around R.Carlos, Zambrotta and a few clubs.

R.Carlos could go to Chelsea, Zambrotta could go to Milan, and it's possible Cole could go to Barcelona or RM.

I wouldn't mind a Baptista-Cole swap with RM.

Ginger_Reyes

Is the damage done or can Arsenal salvage something from this? I suppoes its up to the two parties, but from the looks of it, Cole's a gonner this summer. Its a shame because he's the best LB in the world and we will be weaker because of his exit. And if chelsea get him they will be laughing at us all the way to the title. I don't care what anyone says about Clichy he's not up to the standard yet, and although Flam had a good run he ain't there yet and he's not a natural LB either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom