• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
The utter, utter c**t.

He should be sold asap. I don't want to hear his name or see his face anymore. Enough is enough ffs.

agreed. if he had apologized immidiately after the whole chelsea scandal, i might have forgiven him, but he just won't let this thing go. f**k him. flog of to wherever!

What truly amazes to me is the ungratefulness of the man.

We sell Silvinho to give him a chance, we make him big, we pay him 70k a week and yet he spits in everyone's face.

Footballers have lost all touch with reality. But mommy, they only wanted to give me 55k a week! Most people don't get that in two years, TOSSER.

AV Gooner

Gooner for 59 years said:
Amazing how old jokes can be tweaked to fit current affairs!

Out on her royal yacht the queen was enjoying the sea air when she
spied a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very
large shark. Through her binoculars she could see it was Ashley Cole, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the
poor man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in
time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing Arsenal
tops sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a
harpoon into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out
and pulled Cole from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to
death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Cole into the speedboat
along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they
heard frantic calling ....... It was the Queen calling them to the
yacht.
On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and
said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought
the Arsenal team would hate Cole after the revelations. But I see that you are true heroes and should serve as a model for sportsmanship."
She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Arsène asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," David Dien answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth
and knows everything about our country."

"Well," Arsène replied, "she knows f**k all about shark fishing. How's
the bait holding up ?"
:lol: that was brilliant

Mckenna

I have long attempted to be a defender of Ashley Cole. He looked to be a victim of his agent and as though he just needed to get through the storm. I can now say that time has passed for me. And I feel quite sad that it has.

The fact that a player of his quality is now doing this, I find incredible. Providing it is true, this is quite literally the dumbest thing that I have ever seen a player do. He didn't get the contract that he wanted from Arsenal, big deal. Instead of continuing negotiations like a normal person, he cheated and went crying to Chelsea in the most un-private location he could think of. Fine. That was not Arsenal's decision Ashley, it was yours. We didn't tell you to tap them up. We might not have given you the contract you wanted, but you should have fought for what you wanted, if you were a fan of the club as you say you were.

Then you were caught. How did it suddenly become our fault for competing completely with the FA's investigation. We didn't break the law. To top that all off, after all your attempts to gain a transfer fell through, you then got a pay rise to £70k/week anyway. How exactly was it our fault you went through the wringer? The only reason this is still a story is because you have some sort of delusion that this is our fault. It's yours Ashley. Most other players would have put this behind them, forgive and forget and sign the contract. Do the book when your career is over, if at all. What exactly is wrong with you. If Arsenal had forced you to do that ridiculous bling advert that was in the tabloids a few days ago, then maybe, but we haven't done anything. We obeyed the rules.

So, Ashley Cole, I'll be sorry to see you go. You are one of the best things to happen to Arsenal Football Club. However, if this story about you is true, then my loyalty dies with it. You have become some sort of money grabbing mercenary. We'll never know the truth regarding what happened in there, and nobody will believe whatever the book says because it'll be viewed through Ashley Cole's perspective. However, I think it safe to say, this is more than half your fault Ashley, and your failure to acknowledge that says it all.

Have fun at Chelsea. I'm sure that when JT gets that payrise to £200k/week and you don't, you could tap up ManUre. Another book. etc etc.

If it's not true, then hey, whatever. Forgive, forget and sign the damned contract. But somehow now, that seems unlikely. I'd always wondered if there would be any player who would get more boos than Anelka on his return to Highbury, now I know who it's going to be.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Can I just say....

I told you so! Ha!

Although I'd bet my bottom dollar that Zambrotta will end up at Real, and I do wonder if they'll take both him and Cole. Barca perhaps, to build up a dynasty of former arsenal left-backs?

wasn't it reported that arsenal have received two offers already for cole; one from an english club(chelsea)...? i think cole will be off to real madrid shortly.

Artillero

Personally I blame the Arsenal fans a bit ( and I include my self in that). I was at the matches after he was found to be 'two timing' us and there were a couple of boos but mainly cheers.

We should have put a stop to his ****ing inflated ego booing him every touch of the ball. I used to blame his lawyer, agent ect for the whole affair but now it clear as day its him.

He is not the best leftback in the world as to be the best you have to be a great player and a role model.

asajoseph

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:
Can I just say....

I told you so! Ha!

Although I'd bet my bottom dollar that Zambrotta will end up at Real, and I do wonder if they'll take both him and Cole. Barca perhaps, to build up a dynasty of former arsenal left-backs?

wasn't it reported that arsenal have received two offers already for cole; one from an english club(chelsea)...? i think cole will be off to real madrid shortly.

Don't know mate, to be honest - not heard that story yet.

Madrid did look likely, but lets see what Capello wants - I'm almost certain he'll bring Zambrotta with him (not based upon an inside source, just my oppinion), so will he replace Cicinho on the right? Or Carlos on the left? In fact, they have to get rid of Carlos somehow, and I'm not sure how many clubs would take him...

Lord Dula

Established Member
I hate Ash almost as much as I hate that bad breath Justin Timberlake - why girls go crazy over that mother ****er i'll never know.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I hate Ash almost as much as I hate that bad breath Justin Timberlake - why girls go crazy over that mother ****er i'll never know.

IBL

Established Member
If true then Cole really has cut his final ties with the club and fans, for him to come out and publicly say those things means he wants to go (and good riddance if he does), and to allow it to be released on his wedding day just shows his stupidity ...However some of those quotes maybe taken out of context and have been used in a manner just to sensationalise the story, the Sun arent exaclty the bastion of fair and intelligent reporting.

If we can get 15mil for him then fine, I'm sure we can find a good enough replacement and we still have Clichy/Flamini/Gilbert.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
AV Gooner said:
Gooner for 59 years said:
Amazing how old jokes can be tweaked to fit current affairs!

Out on her royal yacht the queen was enjoying the sea air when she
spied a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very
large shark. Through her binoculars she could see it was Ashley Cole, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the
poor man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in
time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing Arsenal
tops sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a
harpoon into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out
and pulled Cole from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to
death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Cole into the speedboat
along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they
heard frantic calling ....... It was the Queen calling them to the
yacht.
On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and
said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought
the Arsenal team would hate Cole after the revelations. But I see that you are true heroes and should serve as a model for sportsmanship."
She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Arsène asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," David Dien answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth
and knows everything about our country."

"Well," Arsène replied, "she knows f**k all about shark fishing. How's
the bait holding up ?"
:lol: that was brilliant
:lol:

Grampus_Eight

Cashley Cole wants out. You can't provide The Sun with an an exclusive preview from the drivel that is a biographical account of your life, whilst telling the club's supporters that you've no plans to leave and never indicated you want out. He and his agent must spend all their free time letting every media outlet know he wants out. Looks like he might just get his wish. So I guess it's adios and bye-bye, even if he's the best left back in the world. And Cole is.

He's also one of the classiest sportsmen of our young century:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006320636,00.html

Goonergirl

If this is all true then its a real shame, Ashely Cole used to be one of my favorite players but now I really can't stand him, whats even worse is that all this bad press and negativity is not needed espically at the start of the new season, and its also giving Arsenal and Wenger a bad name what if big name players start rejecting us because it seems Wenger makes his star players unhappy like Ferguson has done/does?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Grampus_Eight said:
Cashley Cole wants out. You can't provide The Sun with an an exclusive preview from the drivel that is a biographical account of your life, whilst telling the club's supporters that you've no plans to leave and never indicated you want out. He and his agent must spend all their free time letting every media outlet know he wants out. Looks like he might just get his wish. So I guess it's adios and bye-bye, even if he's the best left back in the world. And Cole is.

He's also one of the classiest sportsmen of our young century:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006320636,00.html
He is an out and out grabbing little **** and a legend in his own mind. :x

Kraig

Established Member
Goonergirl said:
If this is all true then its a real shame, Ashely Cole used to be one of my favorite players but now I really can't stand him, whats even worse is that all this bad press and negativity is not needed espically at the start of the new season, and its also giving Arsenal and Wenger a bad name what if big name players start rejecting us because it seems Wenger makes his star players unhappy like Ferguson has done/does?

I think players like Henry will counteract that though. Henry signed on for most likely the rest of his career and i think people will see that Wenger is a decent man, which is more than can be said for Cashley.

Arsenalguru

Cashley will be so stupid to publicly announce his thought without knowing there is bid(s) for him on the table.

His stupid front page news on his Wedding day... hahaha... perfect day LOL :)

A good revenge from The Sun... ;)

We have to just wait and see.

mood

Ashley would've left the club already. He's just being honest in his book, you cant blame him for that... that's what he thinks, but he's still a Arsenal fan and that's why he's still at the club and I believe he will remain too.

Let Cole feel whatever he wants to feel. He needs us more than we need him. That's why he's still at the club as well.

Grampus_Eight

What secret deal is here referring to here? Once again great picture.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... +scapegoat

I think everyone is aware that he signed an extension to remain with the club for around 70k per week. So, as a result of the tapping up affair, Arsenal gave him 10k a week over what he originally held out for. In return, he as a rather good chap, or maybe just feared being hated by every gunner to man, woman and child, and he signed an extension allowing the club to recoup a significant transfer fee. Sadly for poor young Cashley, it looks like Zambrotta will replace Roberto Carlos. Cole will have to hope and pray to the football gods that Laporta takes some crazy pills and comes in near the club's valuation of 16M or Le Boss decides to send him to Chelsea. I don't know why we'd do anything to strengthen the Russians though.

Is there another secret deal he's referring to? One where he sold his soul or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom