• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
junialum said:
That is exactly what pisses me. Cole has a possiblity of becoming the next Anelka.

If he gets us the money Anelka got us then i wouldn't mind the whole thing. We can easily get someone to replace him ;)

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Personally, I think both parties should apologise, starting with Dein and the board for going back on their word. It all began with Dien and the board and I think that's where the apology should start.

Cole isn't a saint either but as he was betrayed I understand where he is coming from, from a business perspective.

JMT

if he went... how much would we get for him? roughly... ?
imo i would say noless than 15million. Best LB in the world

ASkergonan

we have clichy, hoyte, gilbert, eboue, flamini who are(or could be groomed into) LB's. Ash is far too much of a mental liability to cave in and give him TH14 type money, which for some odd reason he thinks he is worth. I think with regular first team action clichy and gilbert can turn into and adequate replacement. IMO Ash was only as good as the winger playing in front of him, and that relied on a on form bobby.

qs

Established Member
Fergie did it with Stam and United kept going and stayed successful. Now Fergies afriad to do it and its ripping United apart.

You cant have someone like this in the squad.

Cole has to go and we have to buy a new left back. Not a first choice left back but if ones available get him. Clichy can do the job, an extended run in the team could be the making of him.

Flamini is great to have for cover but he shouldnt be the 2nd choice. We need 2 proper left backs.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ashley and Barnnett made their appeal against the fine right up to the CAS court. They lost. Can Ashley figure out why he lost the case?

Arsenal gave him one whole season to sort himself out. Yet this is the answer we gooners got - an autobiography named 'my defense'.

Lukazan

Established Member
From watching Wenger's interview after Barnet it does seem he thinks Ashley Cole is off.

Apparently he also said he was looking for a CB who could fill in it at left back too.. so make of that whatever you will.

Cruisio

Established Member
No team ever became successful because of a world class left back. We defended better and reached the Champions League Final without Ashley "the c*nt" Cole. Nuff said. Sell him for £16m and that's brilliant business

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
LuKaZaN said:
From watching Wenger's interview after Barnet it does seem he thinks Ashley Cole is off.
I got the same impression from Wenger's words. His talk said one thing but his look said the otherwise. The problem is that Ashley keeps stabbing the club's back, not to mention his notoriously tenacious agent. Ashley cound have just stopped pursuing appeals AND signed a new long-term contract. Yet he chose to do the opposites in these two aspects. What does he expect? Arsenal to apologise?

If Ashley determines to leave, I really hope the club can sell him abroad. I am not worried Ashley going to Chelski. Chelski just f**ked up two left-backs (Del Horno & Bridge), Johnson, Parker, even SWP!!! It just shows how Chelski valued their players, even the English ones. My only worry is to watch Ashley being verballly slaughted by Gooners' chanting. It would be unbearable to watch.

Anyway the ball is in Ashley's court, just as it has been there in the LAST Bloody 18 MONTHS! :evil:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cruisio said:
No team ever became successful because of a world class left back. We defended better and reached the Champions League Final without Ashley "the c*nt" Cole. Nuff said. Sell him for £16m and that's brilliant business

It's a cup competition FFS. Liverpool won the whole thing with Hyypia and Traore in defence. How did we do in the league? Cole is an important reason for us being twice league champions in the recent past, and yet he's still only 25. Pires was able to score as many goals as he did from midfield virtually because Cole worked the entire left flank by himself.

By all means he's acted like a c****, but for people to turn around and start questioning his football abilities because of it is ridiculous. As I said before, wait till all the information becomes available, things are not often what they seem.

Steven Gerrard fell out with the Liverpool board last year and slapped in a transfer request - then Chelsea came in with a £32m bid, and most scousers saw it as Gerrard trying to do the dirty on his club to engineer a move to Stamford Bridge (It was certainly reported as that by the press) , after which some burned their Gerrard shirts live on tv.

the type of press that was written;

When footballers declare their undying love for one club shortly before leaving it to earn more money at another, the Fiver is always gobsmacked. Not by the predictable actions of the self-serving mercenaries in question, but by the extraordinary reactions of gullible fans who continue to labour under the delusion that footballers care about (a) them, (b) their club, and (c) anything other than money.

So when a statement from Anfield revealed that $teven Gerrard had refused his club's "offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool" we weren't a bit surprised. After all, here was a man who'd wondered "how can I leave after that?" in the wake of his team's Big Cup triumph just six weeks ago.

What did knock us for six were the missives sent by gullible Liverpool fans to Fiver Towers in which they expressed their total surprise that their captain would abandon them in order to fill his boots at Chelsea or Real Madrid. "I really thought $tevie was different," wailed one hapless buffoon in an email, prompting paroxysms of mirth throughout the office.

This is what the GUARDIAN had to say about it all, and they were one of the more diplomatic papers! But they didn't know all of the facts with Gerrard and his contract. Looking at the kind of season he had last year, was that someone performing like a mercenary? We should never rush to conclusions.

It's amazing how little we, as fans get to see of the club as a business - but I think too many of us are jumping the gun with this. The court case became a long-running affair in a huge fall-out between Arsenal and Chelsea on a corporate level.

Cole was caught in the middle - partially because of his own naivity (we will never really know who initiated that meeting) and partially because Dein wanted to take Chelsea to the cleaners for meeting a player under contract to Arsenal - an occurance that Cole (for whatever reason) feels arose all because of Dein himself.

Only thing is, the further the case for prosecution was pushed, the further Cole became implicated in something that he never wanted to be part of. It became political warfare between two clubs in a case that was never going to have any winners. The man wants an opportunity to tell his own story, his way. You cannot know a book through any sort of sensationalised exerts from its blurb! If that were the case, then anybody with half a brain could make The Silence of the Lambs sound like a romance novel.

Jasper

Wenger should sell this Ash Hole. He is a world class left back because Arsenal made him a world class player, with his mentor and his supporting cast. He will become just another average player if he plays in another type of formation at another club.

athreya74

Excellent post Big Poppa. I agree with you that Cole got caught in the warfare between the clubs. Remember how Dein remarked that chelsea were parking their tank in other clubs' garden and firing banknotes? I think DD wanted to make a point. Remember reading at the time of the case that Arsenal board were divided over whether to pursue the matter.

However Cole should also realise that he can't go about badmouthing the club. If he has problems with individuals, say DD, he has every right to air his greivances. But tarring everyone with the same brush is naive and plain stupid. I think Arsène kind of hinted as much to Cole when he talked about intelligence and loyalty.

Bottomline I would be sad for Cole to leave. It means we lose a world class left back. Although we have a replacement, Clichy is yet to prove his potential over a season. And the back-ups are non-existent. Also with Clichy injured, Arsène may be forced to look for cover if Cole leaves. That would divert resources from the areas that need strengthening. Hope the two individuals who matter, Arsène and Ashley can clear up everything and carry on.

Number8

Can anyone actually get some quote's from Arsenal when the whole Cashley Cole saga started off? As far as I remember it was Chelsea that Arsenal was really pissed off at and started of a public war with. Arsenal never directly said anything in the press against cashley, allthough they didn't stand up for him publicly either. I think he's been treated very fair after the whole issue started. Obviously there were some problems before that prompted this whole meeting with Chelsea.

I seriously couldn't care less if he were to leave. He's an excellent player, but as a human being he seems to be a bit of an idiot.

skald2k

I think the Arsenal board handled the situation badly in the first place by taking Chelsea to the FA. As a consequence, one of our own players were implicated! Thats not the right way of treating one of your own players who has played his heart out for you team.

Ashley were talking to Chelsea to see how much he was valued. He was having contractual negotiations with Arsenal and they couldn't come up with a number that suited both parties. He never said that he wanted to leave.

I believe an apology should of been forthcoming from Ashley in the first instance, and the board should of subsequently dropped this whole thing. If DD comes out and says that they've handled this in the wrong way, and Ashley apologies and commits himself, i'm more than happy for the man to stay Arsenal.

Feis-al

Now that he's married, I'm hoping he grows up a little and what is strange, Kolo is 25 acting like 38 while Cole 25 is acting like 18, What do these guys feed on. Anyway, As far as am concerned, I still think it's the SUN bu***t

mood

Cole never came out with the words saying he wants to leave. He's given us alot over the years (we've given him more), but I hope everyone gets behind him as he still is an Arsenal player and we should support him till the very last day he wears the shirt. So stop insulting him because he has represented us and he will continue to do so as it stands. Let's be the better people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom