• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-d

Established Member
@Big Poppa. Excellent post. But I fear it's wasted on the vast majority on here.

I've always stated we never really knew what went on and that's why I never jumped on the anti Cole bandwagon, he's made a mistake, about that there is no doubt, but after all that's been said about him he want's to tell his side of the story. Ill informed, I agree but some of the abuse on here is damn right pathetic and carries alterior motives in my opinion.

mood

jay-d said:
@Big Poppa. Excellent post. But I fear it's wasted on the vast majority on here.

I've always stated we never really knew what went on and that's why I never jumped on the anti Cole bandwagon, he's made a mistake, about that there is no doubt, but after all that's been said about him he want's to tell his side of the story. Ill informed, I agree but some of the abuse on here is damn right pathetic and carries alterior motives in my opinion.

That's exactly what I've been trying to say myself.

When Cole walks out on that pitch he has to be supported like every other player and not booed on. If you make him feel welcome, he will give us his worldclass services. Ashley's problem is/was with the board and not the fans. It's been a while now and I hope he's sorted it out.. whether he's wrong or right.

It's not going to help him if the fans are not behind him anymore, which is starting to show. He'll feel unwanted and have every reason to leave. Like this, we are the ones who are forcing him out of the club.. however he dealt with the Colgate situation.

After all the years he's given us his services at left-back, he deserves better treatment... regardless of what he's done or said. His situation has nothing to do with his relationship with the club and the fans, but it is turning into one this way.

Had he wanted to backstab us and leave, he would've left already.. but he's still here.

chachacallis

I am not going to jump on the wagon in slagging cole off, but i am gonna make one statement, i am sure if he isnt sold this summer he will be moving for free in the next too years; and i am sure the club would rather have the money to buy a replacement.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
wenger is so good to him. argh. he still wants cole next season. but expects him to get booed unless he apologise 100times

Gurgen

Established Member
Big Poppa, you can justify it all you want, but there is NO other side to this story. He should not have met Chelsea behind our backs. I don't care if Dein is the reincarnation of Hitler or Mother Theresa, it has **** all to do with Cole's decision to meet the chavs.

Dein is not the Arsenal, us fans are the Arsenal, and he's ****ed us over, not Dein.

asajoseph

Established Member
Is someone going to have to dig up the transcript of Cole's hearing?

I read the whole bloody thing when it came out, and if there's one thing that it made absolutely clear was that Cole is genuinely a **** - Gurgen's right.

Fab Fabre04

Maybe he didn't invite AW so he wouldn't snatch the drinks out of the players hands.

That's what I want to think but I am getting tired of the ungrateful ****. He can't be a truly dedicated Arsenal Supporter.

16 mill is starting to look like excellent business.

Bet his best man is Frank Lampard, or Jose Mourinho

famous no 10

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Big Poppa, you can justify it all you want, but there is NO other side to this story. He should not have met Chelsea behind our backs. I don't care if Dein is the reincarnation of Hitler or Mother Theresa, it has f**k all to do with Cole's decision to meet the chavs.

Dein is not the Arsenal, us fans are the Arsenal, and he's f*d us over, not Dein.

Quite right.

famous no 10

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
wenger is so good to him. argh. he still wants cole next season. but expects him to get booed unless he apologise 100times

I doubt if Wenger really wants him at the club really...if he said he wanted him gone you may as well take 5m off the transfer fee.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Cole's ****ishness grows by the day.

I really do despise the little ****.

Whatever way you look at it he met Chelsea whilst under contract to us.

For some reason he seems to think that this was ok, and now wants to publish a book slagging off Arsenal, crying about not being shown loyalty!
You really could not make it up if you tried.

I really do hope he goes to Chelsea, the two deserve each other.

And his attempt with his slag of a wife to become the new Beckhams is sickening. They are two horrible little chavs if I ever saw one, and am delighted they are being shown up as what they are.

choi12911

famous no 10 said:
arsenal_hleb said:

I doubt if Wenger really wants him at the club really...if he said he wanted him gone you may as well take 5m off the transfer fee.

Yeah I seriously doubt Wenger would still want him after all those comments Cole has made. But Wenger wants to take the maximum transfer fee as possible if he is ever to sell Cole to another club.

ken_75

WTF is wrong with this guy? As far as I'm concerned he can go f*** himself to chelski or wherever he wants to go after these latest revelations. Some people don't learn and he's one of them.

In the first place, it was him who betrayed his family and not the other way round. What did he expect? Arsenal giving him a medal of honour and nominate him for knighthood for his actions?

Secondly, (I could be wrong in this, correct me) I can't remember of having seen or read an apology from him regarding his secret meeting.

I might be controversial here but I am NOT standing by this guy any longer, no matter how good he is and I want him gone :evil:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
mood said:
Cole never came out with the words saying he wants to leave. He's given us alot over the years (we've given him more), but I hope everyone gets behind him as he still is an Arsenal player and we should support him till the very last day he wears the shirt. So stop insulting him because he has represented us and he will continue to do so as it stands. Let's be the better people.

cole is a world class left back, no doubt 'bout that...

the only thing that gets on my nerves is his attitude of badmouthing the club...

seriously, he chopped the hands that fed him... how noble is that?

if he really wants to meet other clubs for a fresh challenge or for a new prospect, he could always do it in a proper way but it seems that he chose to use the backdoor as his meeting room...

i don't know about some of you but i feel as if i was being stabbed on my neck when cole was found guilty of having a secret meeting with mourinho and the pain spread to my heart when he said the club "threw years of loyalty back in my face"...

oh FFS the club has brought you up, cultured you, fed you, nourished you... if you want to go, that's okay...

humans have their own choices to make but just do it in the most honorable way...

about people saying that "i don't care if cole leaves because we have flamini and clichy"...

seriously, what is that?

it's as if you're saying "i don't care if henry leaves because we have theo"...

if cole leaves, we really need a proven LB... i'm still yet to be convinced that clichy is up for it... one more season and he might be there...

get real guys, cole is the kind of player you'll hardly find everyday...

as c*ntish as he may be, he's still one of the best in his position...

an honest and sincere apology from him will do just fine for me...

Cruisio

Established Member
Poppa, the point I was trying to make is that we don't NEED Cole to stay. Sure he's a great left back but like I said, he doesn't score goals, he doesn't make then and he rarely stops them. He never had that great a relationship with Reyes (playing wise) anyway, who I believe will be on our left wing next season. Either him or Rosicky.

Your right, the CL is a cup competition. But when I see Flamini keeping the likes of Robinho, Camronesi (sp?) and Beckham quiet, while I see Cole really struggle to contain Guily, it makes me think that £16m for a left back is awesome business

sabret00the

Established Member
I think most people are blowing this way outta proportion, given the post-Barnet match interview, i think Chances are, we'll start the next season without a single Englishman in our starting lineup, however much i'll be pissed. But given when the story about this whole book saga broke (months ago), i'd rest assured that if he goes it's because something else has happened.

All in all, if it was upto Wenger and Cole to deal with on their own, i feel the situation would've been rectified ages ago, honestly it's not that hard to placate a footballer in this day and age, however Dein's involved and with that, theres too much pride and not enough drive to do what's right for the club.

All in all, releasing half of our defence is a ****ing donut move and the whole lack of English thing is sad, despite how much we pay commentators to push the issue 'home' that English youth aren't as good as continental youth.

ken_75

bojed said:
about people saying that "i don't care if cole leaves because we have flamini and clichy"...
seriously, what is that?

In my opinion its not the same thing. The situations are totally different. If Henry had left, he would have done so in a reasonable manner. I don't say I don't care if cole leaves because we have got other players in his place, but I say that I don't care if he leaves because he is not gentleman enough.

bojed said:

I agree. Like I said, I don't know if there was ever an apology from him and if there wasn't, he could have done it long time ago now.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
**** the English players.

The greedy self righteous selfish ****s can get ****ed. I don't give a **** anymore about 'needing' to have an English player in the first XII.

**** 'em.

choi12911

ken_75 said:
bojed said:
seriously, what is that?

In my opinion its not the same thing. The situations are totally different. If Henry had left, he would have done so in a reasonable manner. I don't say I don't care if cole leaves because we have got other players in his place, but I say that I don't care if he leaves because he is not gentleman enough.

bojed said:

I agree. Like I said, I don't know if there was ever an apology from him and if there wasn't, he could have done it long time ago now.

Guys, I know you guys are speaking hypothetically, he'll never EVER make an apology. Does he strike you as the kind of person who will admit that he had done something wrong?

He even seems to be blaming Arsenal for the 'tapping-up' incident in his book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom