• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
Anyway, I don't know how anyone can blame Dein for this - he's done more for the club than Cashley could ever hope to achieve.

This whole thing happened because Ash went behind the club's back, and by club I mean the board, the management and most of all the fans.

awooga83

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Big Poppa, you can justify it all you want, but there is NO other side to this story. He should not have met Chelsea behind our backs. I don't care if Dein is the reincarnation of Hitler or Mother Theresa, it has f**k all to do with Cole's decision to meet the chavs.

Dein is not the Arsenal, us fans are the Arsenal, and he's f*d us over, not Dein.

Totally agree with you Gurgen, there is no way anyone can say Cole was right to meet with Chelsea while contracted to us that was wrong and it betrays us as much as Dein. Also i might have been willing to leave it originally but you no what Cole keeps releasing things effectively picking at the wound instead of ever letting it heal. All i care about is getting behind Arsenal and would gladly have put the situation behind me, but it seems every few months a story involving Cole comes out relating to the Chelsea thing and this one is all of his own doing so excuse me if i don't feel sorry for the ****.

awooga83

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Anyway, I don't know how anyone can blame Dein for this - he's done more for the club than Cashley could ever hope to achieve.

This whole thing happened because Ash went behind the club's back, and by club I mean the board, the management and most of all the fans.

Another great point mate, he is far from an angel but if he did do something wrong the way i look at it is how much has he done for us and that far outweighs any negative so that will lead me to support him and the club over Cole.

choi12911

wengerboy said:
http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=23967

'I battle to clear my name and a secret deal keeps me at Arsenal.'

Yeah, what's the deal with the 'secret deal' that he's talking about? I never really got a clue of what he was saying so I basically ignored, but does anybody understand what's he saying there?

Jameel46

Established Member
awooga83 said:
asajoseph said:

Another great point mate, he is far from an angel but if he did do something wrong the way i look at it is how much has he done for us and that far outweighs any negative so that will lead me to support him and the club over Cole.

hasn't done much since going behind the club's back now has he? sell the fool and get as much as we can for him.

informed1

Lets not beat around the bush....Coles a prat.

The real reason why we are hearng all this anti-board feelings is because he has a book with **** all in it. I mean whats he going to say...he won the premiership, went on an unbeaten run, won FA Cup, played in Europe and had a club career that paved the way for a England one and the ungrateful board that help him achieve all this has turned against him because HE met with the local rival club, had his agent denied it, only admit to it when they investigate it.

I mean what cole achieve is great but who really wants to read about it, so much has been written and I doubt if he can speak for more than 20 pages about his part in the team and how he felt when he won.

There is nothing new and extraordinary to tell so he has to drag out the one rumbling wagon that he has, like i said a prat and an ungrateful one at that, wonder what he thinks when he consider all the other kids who were overlooked and didn't have a Wenger to believe in them, then again he's so far removed from reality I dont think he even realise

gunnerturk

Gurgen said:
Big Poppa, you can justify it all you want, but there is NO other side to this story. He should not have met Chelsea behind our backs. I don't care if Dein is the reincarnation of Hitler or Mother Theresa, it has f**k all to do with Cole's decision to meet the chavs.

Dein is not the Arsenal, us fans are the Arsenal, and he's f*d us over, not Dein.

Could not agree any more. No one especialy a greedy **** like cashly is bigger than the club. you people have no pride or what. he got caught ****ing us behind our back and some of you are still trying to justify his treachery by blaming th board and DD. Some of you idiots are even comparing our anger for him being a **** with spuds scums reaction to Sol. :evil:

fabregas

Im not realli anti-ashley but really, he needs to respect wenger. after all,who brought him to where he is? If wenger wasnt even managin arsenal, would he even have the chance to get tapped by chelsea? He should know that arsenal have done so much for him that this small tapup thing shouldnt outweigh the positives. If all he cares about is promoting his book, making to more controversial than any other book, then i would hate him and by then,i would think he can go to Madrid and live beside the Becks to see who's more attention-grabbing. But for now, he is still an Arsenal player and if he's ready to apologise to Arsenal and why shouldn't we forgive him.

wengerboy

Established Member
Respect to wenger thats what its all about if he says one bad word about wenger i'm gonna be real pissed not that im not all ready.

fabregas

Oh yeah, and if ashley's ready to go, we can move for Zambrotta(hope he comes to Arsenal of course). After all, he is sharing the title of the best left back in the world with Ashley after impressive performances in the World Cup(although he's played at right back, he proved himself at Juve as a left back).I wouldn't mind his age=D!

ken_75

fabregas said:
But for now, he is still an Arsenal player and if he's ready to apologise to Arsenal and why shouldn't we forgive him.

Thats a very big IF. Like many said, I don't think he ever will as he should have already done it by now.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
ken_75 said:
bojed said:
about people saying that "i don't care if cole leaves because we have flamini and clichy"...
seriously, what is that?
it's as if you're saying "i don't care if henry leaves because we have theo"...

In my opinion its not the same thing. The situations are totally different. If Henry had left, he would have done so in a reasonable manner. I don't say I don't care if cole leaves because we have got other players in his place, but I say that I don't care if he leaves because he is not gentleman enough.

i was just referring to the situation of finding a good replacement if cole ever leaves in the near future... that's all but i understand your words mate...

cheers!

famous no 10

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
f**k the English players.

The greedy self righteous selfish c**nts can get f*d. I don't give a s**t anymore about 'needing' to have an English player in the first XII.

f**k 'em.

I kind of agree.

Not impressed with the whole chavvy English player mentality, and I wouldn't care if the whole team were from Tibet as long as they played great football.

However, I'm English and it would be nice to have an English player like our T Adams again, or Keown, or Bould etc etc...

Gothics

I would like to thank Ashley for his contribution to the club even though he never acknowledge that Arsenal is the reason why he is so rich and famous today. Maybe ingrate is too harsh a word for him but... GOODBYE ASHLEY. We can find better.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Gurgen said:

on top of all that mess, after we give him a higher pay raise than he was initially trying to get, he has the gall to come out and say we fed him to sharks, and we betrayed him?

i have no more time for this useless douchebag. im not even going to complain about him anymore, as he isnt worth the time it takes to type out another response. just get him out of our club.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gurgen said:

Don't get me wrong Gurgen, I'm not trying justify anything. Just to point out that we do not know what really happened. None of us were there. None of us have read the book in its entirity, and yet everyone seems awfully quick to pass judgement on one of our own players following a tabloid article.

What if you had an argument with your girlfriend because she had decieved yor trust over something very important. In the hours that followed, you unwisely decided to go to a female colleague's house to talk. Your girlfriend then stormed in to find you and the female colleague sitting on the bed in her room. How would this look?

On the bare bones of it, it looks as though you were there because you were about to do the dirty on your girlfiend behind her back. Members of her family, upon hearing the story - believe this to be the case and are understandably angry about it.

This female colleague is someone that your girlfriend had long despised and therefore decided to wage on her, flogging you like a dead horse in the process. Would it not seem to you that she was using you as some sort of weapon to get one over on her rival?

You know in your own mind that before any of this happened, you had been 100% committed and faithful to your girlfriend. You still love her and don't want to leave, but you feel that because you have been together for such a long time, she has began to take your loyalty for granted.

All the time, you are still upset because you feel that the whole situation arose due to your girlfriend being deceitful to you and no effort had been made to repair the relationship, but instead you were being isolated further without her realising it.

You just want an opportunity to make it clear to members of your girlfrind's family that you are not the villain that they seem to think you are.

Ok, that was a bit of a wild analogy and I'm not saying that this is what happened - but who, besides you and your girlfriend would know the true facts? I'm not suggesting that Barnett and Cole went to Kenyon and Mourinho for a shoulder to cry on, but Barnett could have drawn a proposal from them and went back to Dein and the board to say;

"Look, we know you would sell Ashley to Chelsea over your dead body, but they are willing to offer a £70k 5 year deal, whilst you are fannying about over an extra £5k that you, yourself had promised my client. Ashley is willing to accept a lower package than what Kenyon has offered to remain at Arsenal - but you appear to be taking his loyalty for granted in thinking you can go back on a promise like that."

Strangely enough, Cole was soon prepared an improved package, which suggests to me that after all that he'd supposedly done to screw us over - there were more than a few guilty consciences among the board members.

Agents often use such strategies to gain a stronger bargaining position over clubs, but it's fair to say that that this time, the price to pay for all those concerned (particularly the fans) was not really worth it.

otfgoon

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Gurgen said:

Don't get me wrong Gurgen, I'm not trying justify anything. Just to point out that we do not know what really happened. None of us were there. None of us have read the book in its entirity, and yet everyone seems awfully quick to pass judgement on one of our own players following a tabloid article.

What if you had an argument with your girlfriend because she had decieved yor trust over something very important. In the hours that followed, you unwisely decided to go to a female colleague's house to talk. Your girlfriend then stormed in to find you and the female colleague sitting on the bed in her room. How would this look?

On the bare bones of it, it looks as though you were there because you were about to do the dirty on your girlfiend behind her back. Members of her family, upon hearing the story - believe this to be the case and are understandably angry about it.

This female colleague is someone that your girlfriend had long despised and therefore decided to wage on her, flogging you like a dead horse in the process. Would it not seem to you that she was using you as some sort of weapon to get one over on her rival?

You know in your own mind that before any of this happened, you had been 100% committed and faithful to your girlfriend. You still love her and don't want to leave, but you feel that because you have been together for such a long time, she has began to take your loyalty for granted.

All the time, you are still upset because you feel that the whole situation arose due to your girlfriend being deceitful to you and no effort had been made to repair the relationship, but instead you were being isolated further without her realising it.

You just want an opportunity to make it clear to members of your girlfrind's family that you are not the villain that they seem to think you are.

Ok, that was a bit of a wild analogy and I'm not saying that this is what happened - but who, besides you and your girlfriend would know the true facts? I'm not suggesting that Barnett and Cole went to Kenyon and Mourinho for a shoulder to cry on, but Barnett could have drawn a proposal from them and went back to Dein and the board to say;

"Look, we know you would sell Ashley to Chelsea over your dead body, but they are willing to offer a £70k 5 year deal, whilst you are fannying about over an extra £5k that you, yourself had promised my client. Ashley is willing to accept a lower package than what Kenyon has offered to remain at Arsenal - but you appear to be taking his loyalty for granted in thinking you can go back on a promise like that."

Strangely enough, Cole was soon prepared an improved package, which suggests to me that after all that he'd supposedly done to screw us over - there were more than a few guilty consciences among the board members.

Agents often use such strategies to gain a stronger bargaining position over clubs, but it's fair to say that that this time, the price to pay for all those concerned (particularly the fans) was not really worth it.

The improved wage package was only to make sure we dont lose cole for pennies this year, instead of looking at something like 16m, we could have lose him for 6,7, 8 million at most. All this comes down to that meeting with Barnet and Dien. Cashly obviously decided to believe his agent. I personnally beleive DD.

marhes26

Get rid of the knob.

We did fine without him for most of last season.

Anyone who hangs out with Jermain Pennant must be a chav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom