• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerz49

seb_afc said:
i know wenger is responsible for coles rise to fame and fortune, helping him become the best left back in the world, but it doesnt mean they have to get along socially. They may have a professional relationship but not social/ Cmon im sure there are a few of you on here who wouldnt invite your boss to a wedding.

no i probally wouldn't if my boss had to manage a team that day like wenger did yesterday :roll:

Double_H

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Double_H said:
i think Cashly wants to become the 2nd David Beckham
Marryin a Pop singer , On Fashion Magazines and he wants to get paid just like him .

if he move he will end up like him too Sucks at another club (even though i see him as the best in the world as a Leftback)

Yeh, but Cole will always have the best deal, as he has arguably got the best looking english band girlfriend around.....Victoria is nothing like sexy Cheryl. Cole is soooo lucky tonight and everyother night for the rest of his life. ;) :lol:

cant disagree with that :wink:

awooga83

Established Member
Some additional bits of info, nothing really new but the bit i found interesting was where Wenger says "We have shown many times we can keep our best players when we want to do it. The last one we have shown that with is Thierry Henry."

The line of when we wnat to is majorly important here and going with what appeared to be indifference to keeping Cole in the interview after the barnet match looks like his departure is almost certain.

Cole

mood

Wenger said he wants to keep him. Ashley never said he wants to leave.

This story was brought back to life from the media because of the release of his book. Maybe it should be completely read before we can say anything.

This tapping up scandal is 1.5 yrs old. Ashley did not leave the club, he would've if he wanted to.

The media is just trying to sell some stories and Ashley Cole's book wants to make money. Those comments Ashley Cole have made were made a year back if you remember .. about the club "feeding him to the sharks" and the board not backing him, he said that a long time ago.

My point is. The way everyone is thinking is that Ashley Cole is 100% on his way out. He isn't, Wenger did not say he is, he may as well be there next season.

flaunt

Well, if Ashley wants to stay at Arsenal, he's going to have to repair a lot of bridges - starting with us the fans.

He's let everyone down with this mess - himself, the club, the players, and us.

I think Ashley does want to leave - if he didn't it wouldn't take much to profess his commitment to playing here beyond two years. Perhaps he doesn't do it because from a marketing standpoint he wants to ship more books, but honestly he's hurting his image in the process.

Another pet peev I have. People writing books about their careers and their life before they've ended the former (preferably before the latter). However, it does seem the kiss of superstar death - Becks has not been as good as he was before the book, and all those Nsync and Britney Spears deals - where they at now? Perhaps it's karma paying retribution. Perhaps it's some higher power being saying, "Yo dude. I made you. Where's my credit?"

If we have to sell Cole, now is the time. His value will never be higher.

Meatwad

Well Wenger is no fool, you might as well knock 5 mil of the selling price if you let everyone know you want to get rid of him. Of course he's going to let the media (and by extension the teams he wants to sell Ash too) know that he wants to keep him because this isn't going to be a fire sale.

morpho

Established Member
as long as he continues to bleed for our shirt i'd say hes forgiven... for my sake anyway... he did a terrible thing to the fans and club, but in the end it all comes down to what he does on the field...

As much as i hate Cole, I think we all have to applaud Wenger. If this was fergy i think he'd throw a boot at cole which i wouldn't mind personally. What wenger's comments about cole staying have done is given us leverage in this situation. If he had decided to cut ties with cole we would not only lose a LB and we would lose our bargaining position. Right now our lineup is somewhat thin and the last thing we need are players sitting out when they are healthy. If Cole wants to leave I'll more than welcome that, but only under our terms.

Burnwinter

Established Member
I can't believe the conclusions people jump to from tabloid beat-ups. Get this through your skulls: the Sun doesn't tell it like it is. They lie themselves blue about anything you can't measure with a ruler, usually the state of personal relationships.

I quite like my boss, and he wasn't at my wedding. I can see the headlines now. Office Worker In Massive Employer Snub: End Of Contract Nigh ... Phew What A Scorcher!

People who have professional relationships don't have to get along. They just have to be able to do a job. Needing the people who work for you to think you're the bees knees is a typical flaw in man management. Ferguson has it, I don't think Wenger does.

If there is a personal issue, or a business issue, then if Dein/Cole/Wenger can't sort it out Cole should **** off to the highest bidder. If they can sort it out, he should stay. He might be a good left back, but he's only a good left back. It's nice to have him there, but he's more or less replaceable, even with players we already have in our squad, as last season showed.

parhub

i dont understand why Cole has to be such a ****. i mean after all the tapping issue, everything was forgiven and forgotten. why does he want to open up the issue again unless he wants to get out of arsenal... if he wants to go, why does'nt just put in a request and go instead of washing his dirty issues in public? how does he expect the club to back him when he is clearly in the wrong?
After the tapping issue, he comes out and says that he does not want to leave and now he puts stupid stuff in his stupid book ( correct me if i am wrong, but aren't people supposed to write biographies when they are done with their careers, chronicling their career). The way i see it, Cole is clearly betraying the trust that the fans had in him..

Arnie

Witness this is a guy who came through our system, displaced a brazilian, and made it through to the England team to have a reputation of one of the best in his craft, all because of Arsenal!!

Yet he is more of a mersonary than any foreighner i have ever seen in the premiership (maybe Anelka matches him!!) He can f*ck off now!! bring in Zambrotta, he's better than cole anyway!!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Burnwinter said:
I can't believe the conclusions people jump to from tabloid beat-ups. Get this through your skulls: the Sun doesn't tell it like it is. They lie themselves blue about anything you can't measure with a ruler, usually the state of personal relationships.

I quite like my boss, and he wasn't at my wedding. I can see the headlines now. Office Worker In Massive Employer Snub: End Of Contract Nigh ... Phew What A Scorcher!

People who have professional relationships don't have to get along. They just have to be able to do a job. Needing the people who work for you to think you're the bees knees is a typical flaw in man management. Ferguson has it, I don't think Wenger does.

If there is a personal issue, or a business issue, then if Dein/Cole/Wenger can't sort it out Cole should f**k off to the highest bidder. If they can sort it out, he should stay. He might be a good left back, but he's only a good left back. It's nice to have him there, but he's more or less replaceable, even with players we already have in our squad, as last season showed.

Well, someone had to say it. Good post.

drthorne1

Ok I have read 11 pages of this now and I am TOTALLY AMAZED by some of the responses people are putting on here.

For example - "this is a guy who came through our system, displaced a Brazilian, and made it through to the England team to have a reputation of one of the best in his craft, all because of Arsenal!! "

Right first I do agree that with Arsenal's help and guidance he has become a great player but do not forget in the end it all comes down to Ashley Cole to put the effort and dedication in and Combined that with Arsenal's help he has now become one of the best left backs around today.

Second, I really don't want to see him go and I don't believe he will, this Lad has always been Arsenal through and through and we don't know all the facts behind the meting with Chelsea and the Sun is totally S*** stirring to get a reaction out of the fans and the Arsenal Football club and so far the fans are falling into this trap.

The best thing we can do is get behind the lad and show him that after everything that has happened we are still behind him because he would be a massive loss to us in every way.

Ok people will probably shoot me down for this but when Henry retires I would love to make Ashley Cole the next captain and lead us for many years to come.

Ok rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom