• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
drthorne1 said:
The best thing we can do is get behind the lad and show him that after everything that has happened we are still behind him because he would be a massive loss to us in every way.

That.

Arsenal_FAN1983

If he wants to stay and he shows us his content on the pitch, what is wrong with that? At the end of the day Cole got what he wanted (more money) so I don't see a reason for him to leave. To be honest Cole receiving less than £70k a week is a little bit of an insult to him as he is arguably the best left back in the world. I don't think he wanted to meet up with Chelsea officials, he probably thought a foreign club wanted him, but maybe he thinks we used him to get back at Chelsea.

Grampus_Eight

The secret deal Cole is referring to...

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... +scapegoat

Cole signed an extension to remain with the club for around 70K per week.  So, as a result of the tapping up affair, Arsenal rewarded him with 10K per week raise over what he originally held out for (60K).  

In return, he was a rather good chap (or maybe just feared being hated by every gunner to man, woman and child) and signed an extension that would allow Arsenal to recoup a significant transfer fee from Real Madid as soon as Roberto Carlos left.  

Madrid are certainly the club Arsenal would have liked to sell him to.  No point in strengthening your rival Chelsea - not good for the old image, regardless of the stadium debt.  

Sadly for poor young Cashley (and Arsenal), the Italian match-fixing scandal has played out and there's been a wholesale change in management at Madrid.  Because of those two events, it looks like Zambrotta will replace Roberto Carlos. Neither Capello, Calderon, nor Predrag Mijatovic have given any indication, to my knowledge, that they want Cole.

Instead, Cole has to hope and pray to the football gods for one of the following:  First, that Ambramovich isn't able to force Roberto Carlos down Mourinho's throat. Or second, for the unlikely possibility that Zambrotta will choose the Russian Bridge over the Bernabéu.  

If Roman's plaything - Roberto Carlos arrives, Cashley might not be guaranteed automatic first team football at the Bridge (Gallas plays on the left too).  Then again, maybe he wouldn't mind splitting time - he certainly took his sweet time getting fit this season.  And, with Roberto Carlos to spell him, he could make sure he wouldn't have to show his face in the Grove for a few years.

Since Cole is no longer Madrid's first choice, he has decided to scupper this "secret deal" (which no longer exists) between the Arsenal and Madrid.  

Such is his bitterness that he and his new Mrs. will be denied the enlightened company and neighborly cheer of Posh and Becks that he's decided to drop his appeal, slag off Arsenal and be gone.  

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

YuenBiaoFan said:
drthorne1 said:
The best thing we can do is get behind the lad and show him that after everything that has happened we are still behind him because he would be a massive loss to us in every way.

f**k.

That.

Errm we got behind him last season, unfortunately he keeps dredging up the past . Wenger is obviously willing to keep him in the squad which is fair enough. How funny Ash has a book out before Henry does. Says it all really.

drthorne1

Yeah i agree this whole book thing is a joke but there is nothing that we can do about it now and it may shed some light on a few things.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
celestis said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
drthorne1 said:

f**k.

That.

Errm we got behind him last season, unfortunately he keeps dredging up the past . Wenger is obviously willing to keep him in the squad which is fair enough. How funny Ash has a book out before Henry does. Says it all really.

As I did.

But again. This season?

Forget it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

YuenBiaoFan said:
celestis said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
drthorne1 said:

f**k.

That.

As I did.

But again. This season?

Forget it.

With you Yuen , not against him , just don't care. Whatever happens it fine with me.

awooga83

Established Member
I think the main point is the book may shed some light on Coles relationship with the club but there is no way he can write anyhting in the book that will justify him meeting Chelsea, whatever his reasons are i will not support them as that is never justifiable therefore Cole has done wrong that is a fact and the last year people have tried to forget the incident and he has brought it back up so in my view thats being a ****.

Jameel46

Established Member
celestis said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
drthorne1 said:

f**k.

That.

Errm we got behind him last season, unfortunately he keeps dredging up the past .

the fool is just trying to plug his new book.
he goes behind the club's back and when he's caught and punished he blames it on the club, hope he doesn't treat his new wife the same way. :lol:

bethie

got this from arsenalamerica
thought its too funny to let it go
:lol:

Out on her royal yacht the queen was enjoying the sea air when she
spied a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very
large shark. Through her binoculars she could see it was Ashley Cole, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the
poor man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in
time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing Arsenal
tops sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a
harpoon into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out
and pulled Cole from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to
death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Cole into the speedboat
along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they
heard frantic calling ....... It was the Queen calling them to the
yacht.
On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and
said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought
the Arsenal team would hate Cole after the revelations. But I see that you are true heroes and should serve as a model for sportsmanship."
She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Arsène asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," David Dien answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth
and knows everything about our country."

"Well," Arsène replied, "she knows **** all about shark fishing. How's
the bait holding up ?"

Artillero

What I find strange is Cole has a deal with The Sun to print parts of his book.

Remember it was the sun and NOTW that ran all the stories about him being gay, sticking phones in places and paying friends for sexual favours.

He must just love

money.gif

Grampus_Eight

Maybe part of Cole's settlement with the NOTW and the Sun involved providing them exclusives on football related stories; in return, they agreed to back off. No longer refer to, or investigate, whatever extracurricular activities Cole had been rumored to enjoy with his friend DJ Masterstepz, a mobile phone and a player to be named later.  

After the story those two rags published about him and the subsequent indication that they made it up, since they paid Cole a six figure settlement...You'd think he wouldn't have anything more to do with the tabloids, but that obviously isn't the case.  Instead, he provides them with juicy quotes that hurt the club and its supporters. Cole wasn't even willing to get himself a deal with the Mirror, since he and his wife live for blanket tabloid coverage.  

Just proves Cole belongs to the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" school of thought.  If Arsenal can't beat Chelsea at the moment, why not just join them and make more loot.

Savaloisav

All in all for me its a "good ridance". Alot of you will agree, alot will disagree. Even after what happened with the chelsea saga, i stood behind Cole, got him on the back of my shirt that season aswell. Hes throwing it back in our faces releasing this book. Hes 24.....what has he got to tell...except for his adventures with Jermaine Jenas a DJ and a Samsung

Leonids

bethie said:
got this from arsenalamerica
thought its too funny to let it go
:lol:

Oh mate, you can find that story if you browse back some pages this thread.

However, which one is the original, do you know?

EDIT: it was posted in the first page

chelsie

Loose that talk of Ash being gay- He isn't! He was never mentioned in the article. Because the player in question sounded like it was describing him, some nutcase made and sent out a photoshopped picture and dubbed it the original. It wasn't real.

^^^ None of that matters or is important anyway^^^

These comments made are nothing new these were said when the tap up scandal was still fresh.
Ash said at the time, that he was going to write a book from his point in his part in the tap up scandle.

He's said before the end of the season he wasn't going anywhere. Newspapers and pundits- despite cole's protests- insisted he wanted to leave.

Ash will stay. More hoping he would/is...As for release of this book...Oh, Ash please just let it lie. It's too hot for this bullshit!!

informed1

I was fined for holding transfer talks with Chelsea and was synonymous with one of the biggest transfer scandals in soccer.

I read that with an open mind until that word...is this an excerpt from his book written by someone else of did he say that. I know it started with I was fined....but Cole using that word...I personally cant imagine it.

In any case he is not 2 years old, and its not brain surgery, he signed a contract that dictates how he could go about speaking to another club whilst under contract. Hes a professional player, he knows the rules, he chose to broke that rule because he willingly went to the meeting. It doesn't matter what happened with his contract talks

The other thing that gets me about this is that he met with them in a hotel in the middle of London...do they not have homes.

Grampus_Eight

The question that was asked was why Cole and his agent would still do business with NOTW and the SUN? With the latter running an exclusive ARSENAL FED ME TO SHARKS story - a story that used his quotes (from his book).  Why have anything to do with these two rags? They accused him, his dj best friend and another player of using a mobile communications device in what most would consider an unsavory manner.  

Also, Cole NEVER said he was staying at Arsenal or wanted to remain an Arsenal player.  He gave the sort of answer players are coached to give.  Cole's response was something along the lines of: "I never said I wanted to leave Arsenal."  He did NOT say, "I will play for Arsenal next season and want to win trophies at the Grove."  There is a big difference.

He was also sure to point out how Arsène Wenger didn't love him enough in his time of injury and tapping-up trouble and how it was Sven and NOT the Boss who checked up on him, came to watch his reserve team matches, ect., ect.  

In fact, Cole DID also say how he thought the Boss was basically sick of dealing with him and his injuries.  

Anyway, if he makes a sincere apology to the Boss and the supporters, I think he can still largely be forgiven, but you haven't seen him come out and deny anything that the Sun published or have a spokesperson issue one.  Maybe he's too busy enjoying his honeymoon and the £1 OK! have reportedly paid him for his wedding shots - which he may not fully collect since couldn't get even his chavulous chelski rent boy amigos to pose in.

The rags would also tread carefully around Cashely given that they just paid him a significant six-figure settlement for the DJ, football friend and mobile phone story.  So this can't all be put on the tabloids - ultimately Cole has to decide whether his loyalty is to his agent, money and celebrity or to Arsenal.  He has every right to make his decision - and it seems he chose the former.   That's too bad since he used to be a player all the supporters were really proud of.

asajoseph

Established Member
Can anyone find the original transcript for Cole's hearing?

If you want the most objective view on what happened, I suggest you read that - his book will be entirely one sided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom