• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerturk

It is sickening to read certain comments trying to stick conspiracy theories on Arsenal board. Also some clever arses saying Cashley attacks the board not to us fans. Get a grip will you, Arsenal are a unity with their fans, manager,players, and their board. As in all families we may fall out with each other from time to time but out of respect and love to each other we always sort out our problems inside the family and not hold ill feelings towards each other.
What is right is right and the wrong is wrong. Cashly caught red handed, he was given an easy time by the club and fans but was it enough for him , obviously no. He turns and bites the hand that feeds him thats all . There is no conspiracy to use him as a bait to catch chel$ki as we don't have cia or blair on our board, he is just one greedy, disrespectfull ****** that doesn't give a **** about us. The mentality of he only attacks the board or the manager not to us fans is may be good enough for spuds but not for us.

sorry ive been on holiday for a while....has real even approached us about cole? if not then why are we talking about the possibilities

i for one will be glad to get rid of cashely out our team, but will condemn the idea of cesc leaving

although rosicky is also great in that position, i just feel the kid has got great talent and to lose him at such a young age will be murder

he was the most consistant player last season in such a bad season, and he is 19

but....i would take cole for robinho anyday

XWA

- Åñð®éw - wrote:

On a footballing level cole is supirior to any other LB in the whole world. so wenger must try everything in his power to make him stay and sign a contract for the next 5 years or somthing like that. but on a personal level they dont have to like eachother they dont even have to talk to eachother... so for me i hate the CASHELY BAS***D but for my club and all gunner supporters... He Must Stay

Once again, a left-back has NEVER made a major impact to a team. So what if he's the best left-back in the world? Left-backs can easily be replaced. Goalscorers (Henry) genuis' (Bergkamp) and leaders (Vieira, Toure, Lehmann) cannot. In my opinion, Ashley doesn't fit into any of those catergories

I think you're wrong because left-back has a major impact to the team and especially at Arsenal now a days. The leftback has to build up the play, attack, defend and has to have a great stamina. Also is the leftback get up with our attack that gives up more attacking options and without an upcoming leftback we lose firepower. Europe's best teams have upcoming defenders so that can't be an coincidence.

junialum

Our left flank has been our forte, it used to be Cole, Pires, Henry and their link up play has always been dazzling. Flamini did an adequate job but never at the level of Cole. Clichy can match Cole but is not extremely consistent and is injury prone.

Now that Henry has to learn to link up with Rosicky, I think Cole moving may be a bad idea as our strongest point can turn into our weakest overnight.

I hate him as a person by the way. Reminds me of squealing C. Ronaldo and rioting Anelka rolled into one.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cruisio said:
Big Poppa said:
Cruisio said:
Big Poppa said:
Cruisio said:
- Åñð®éw - said:
On a footballing level cole is supirior to any other LB in the whole world. so wenger must try everything in his power to make him stay and sign a contract for the next 5 years or somthing like that. but on a personal level they dont have to like eachother they dont even have to talk to eachother... so for me i hate the CASHELY BAS***D but for my club and all gunner supporters... He Must Stay

Once again, a left-back has NEVER made a major impact to a team. So what if he's the best left-back in the world? Left-backs can easily be replaced. Goalscorers (Henry) genuis' (Bergkamp) and leaders (Vieira, Toure, Lehmann) cannot. In my opinion, Ashley doesn't fit into any of those catergories

What crap.

call him a money-grabbing m*therf***r by all means, but you can't suddenly act like he's a bad player.

Goalscorers take the credit but each member of the team has their part to play. This is what people like Henry and Ronaldinho have to keep emphasising for dimwits when they collects their individual awards.

Cole raked up countless assists in our unbeaten season, he played a major part in our fluid attacking play. And his energy was essential to us not being exposed on the counter attacks. He's one of the best recovery defenders in the world, period.

He developed the ability to hit 60 yard cross-field passes with pin-point precision. Remember Henry's first goal against Inter at the San Siro? Cole was able to do a run and pass like that, whilst keeping Martins firmly in his back pocket at the same time.

Did I say he was a bad player? No I didn't. I said that YES he is the best left-back in the world, but we don't need him to do well. Your examples mean sweet f.a. my friend because what I said was that Cole can be easily replaced. If you don't think so then your a bigger Cole lover than we all thought. If last season taught us anything it's that we SURE as hell don't need Cole to defend well, for that we need Toure. Also, who DIDN'T play well in our unbeaten season?

I agree with Ronnie and Henry when they say its the team that counts. THAT'S why Cole should f**k off, how can you not see the contradiction with your comment?

There is no contradiction in my comment. I've maintained from the start that it's a team effort, and then went on to say that every individual has a major part to play in that effort, rather than just those who play in certain positions - which is what you seem to be suggesting?

The contradiction arrives when you claim that Cole is the best in the world in his position (incidentally I disagree) but that he can easily be replaced. If he is the best in the world, as you say - then any replacement will represent a weakening of the team.

If last season taught us anything it's that we SURE as hell don't need Cole

Erm, yes because we finished where in his absence?

who DIDN'T play well in our unbeaten season?

This means what!? What about the other 4 seasons that he's delivered consistently top performances? Strangely enough, that season was far from Vieira's best - and Gilberto had an indifferent campaign too, starting well but eventually losing his place to Edu and then being forced to play on the right to cover for the injured Ljungberg.

And please grow up with 'Cole lover' bullshit, what are you 10 years old or something? He was still an Arsenal player the last time I checked, so why is it such a big deal that I'm willing to reserve judgement? As far as I was aware this debate isn't about Cole's footballing merits, there is effectively no debate when it comes to that.

Dear oh dear, ok mate, i'm gonna do this so you can understand...

1. The contradiction was in the fact that you believe Cole is an important aspect to our TEAM. Whereas I don't think he is mainly because he's treating his TEAM and his CLUB like sh*t

2. I said that goalscorers, genuis' and leaders have a MORE important role to the team. They are not the ONLY important ones. Read the post again and you'll see

3. Yes, probably any other player playing at left-back would be a weakening in that position, but in that position only. Like I said, being the best doesn't make you any less of a c**t, just look at C.Ronaldo who probably could be one of the best if he sorted his attitude out

4. We didn't finish fourth because Cole wasn't playing, do me a favour.

5. I said you were "Cole loving" mainly as a joke. But it comes from the fact that you are fighting his corner so hard. I don't see what there is to defend. He met with our biggest rivals BEHIND our backs, then he got his payrise anyway and yet he's STILL appears to be *****ing (and if not *****in then in NO hurry what-so-ever to put these comments right) When Henry was being looked at by Barca he said he'd make a decision based on football reasons, whereas it loosk like Cole is making all of his decisions based on money. No, i'm not 10 years old, i'm a 19 year old season ticket holder who is waiting for an apology to the club I love from Mr. Cole

I apologise for the over-zealous reaction to what you said, I took it the wrong way. Was having a bad day. Maybe I am just being naive or overly forgiving, and if that's how it appears then I may as well quit while I'm not ahead!

Arnie

cole is a quality player

but a money grabbing b*tch, his wedding photos make me sick, kanye west/David Beckham wannabe.
Writing a book at 26, what for??

Ratinho

Established Member
This ****satin of a human being not fu**ed off yet?

It's not his wife's fault, it's not his agents fault (unless he literally has no mind of his own), it's Cole's childishness and the fact he didn't have the stones to say 'I want to go somewhere to play with my mates and get more money.'. You're not pretty enough to be Beckham, Cole son, now just foad.

And you know what? I didn't need anyone elses opinion, or a bandwagon to jump on to form this opinion, and I don't need a thread full of others backing it up tbh. Some forum members so needy. :**)

Grampus_Eight

Since this thread re-emerged because of two tabloid stories, how about a third to throw fuel to the fire...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

Cole has already agreed to terms with Chelski and Madrid have yet to even table an offer.  

But according to some, that's probably just complete slander from the Mirror though.  Maybe Cole is covertly engineering a Machiavellian revenge on Kenyon, Mourinho and Abramovich.  Maybe he's still Arsenal through-and-through, albeit secretly.  Maybe he's pretending to engineer his transfer to Chelsea as he's turned states evidence and will testify in the bungs investigation, which will severely penalize Chelski.  

OR, maybe this isn't the WWF, these tabloid stories are 80% right and he's as good as gone.  Everyone will have to come to their own conclusions though.

sabret00the

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
Since this thread re-emerged because of two tabloid stories, how about a third to throw fuel to the fire...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

Cole has already agreed to terms with Chelski and Madrid have yet to even table an offer.

But according to some, that's probably just complete slander from the Mirror though. Maybe Cole is covertly engineering a Machiavellian revenge on Kenyon, Mourinho and Abramovich. Maybe he's still Arsenal through-and-through, albeit secretly. Maybe he's pretending to engineer his transfer to Chelsea as he's turned states evidence and will testify in the bungs investigation, which will severely penalize Chelski.

OR, maybe this isn't the WWF, these tabloid stories are 80% right and he's as good as gone. Everyone will have to come to their own conclusions though.
swear on your life :p

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
sabret00the said:
Hopefully this will make the frontpage like other Anti-Ash rants have: http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... hp?t=24175

I would hate for this to go unnoticed. It seems that as far as most are concerned, there is no possibility of a resolution that doesn't entail the player's departure.

I'd say it's the other way round. Cole WANTS no chance of a resolution BECAUSE he wants to leave.

benfica

Cole is gay... Let's start a rumour he wants to go to Chelsea because he loves.... erm... John Terry!

Yeah lol.... Terry is the butch, Cole is the....

I'm sure the sun will buy it, and make it back page news.... Atleast it will keep the news off everyone hating and leaving Arsenal...

Every eyar same old news. Anelka, Vieira, Henry and now Cole...

Who is next? CYGAN?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

YuenBiaoFan said:
Big Poppa said:
sabret00the said:
Hopefully this will make the frontpage like other Anti-Ash rants have: http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... hp?t=24175

I would hate for this to go unnoticed. It seems that as far as most are concerned, there is no possibility of a resolution that doesn't entail the player's departure.

I'd say it's the other way round. Cole WANTS no chance of a resolution BECAUSE he wants to leave.

Fair enough YuenBiaoFan. I don't want to have to keep asking the same questions over again, but why are you so sure that he wants to leave? It keeps coming back to these same assumptions.

Everybody thought Buffon wanted to leave Juventus, but the player never said it himself. Maybe he considered other options, but decided he wants to stay in Turin.

People over-speculate but I'd prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I don't know, maybe the fact he's met with another club or that he's bringing out a book where he's trying to publicise it by damning his current club? Not the usual indications of a player wanting to stay is it?

CesC4

firstly hello, im new.
secondly i have never heard cole say he wants to leave directly. his book said it, his agent said it, but when he speaks, he says he wants to stay. i want ash to stay. i think hes been a brilliant servant and as someones already said, hes part of the arsenal family, and when a family member hurts you it is possible to forgive them and give a second chance. i would forgive and forget if ash did, as far as im concerned hes my favourite left back ever. remember the night he scored against dinamo in the champions league, remember the passion and then ask if ash really hates the club.

Ratinho

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan is spot on tbh.

1 or 2 incidents, you can form assumptions from. Consistent muck throwing, and a f**king book (all random 26 year old left backs write books about their middling career/life/lack of it, surely?) clearly aimed at getting his way out of Arsenal, and into a contract on a level with the £100k/week++'s at Chelsea.

He wants to be a celeb player, and he knows that aint gonna happen while he's at little old Arsenal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

YuenBiaoFan said:
I don't know, maybe the fact he's met with another club or that he's bringing out a book where he's trying to publicise it by damning his current club? Not the usual indications of a player wanting to stay is it?

This is what I mean, it's all about perception. You are going based on what you have seen from his behaviour, not what he's come out and said about his own future himself.

You've not read the book, and yet you know what it's all about based on a few extracts from the blurb published in The Sun? This means he wants to leave?

Maybe he does want to leave, but I don't know that and can't pretend that I do because he's not said that he does. If a statement came out from his camp similar to the ones that were recently made by v.Nistelrooy and C.Ronaldo then we could say it for certain, but until then, why bother presuming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom