• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
Would be brilliant if we got 20+ million for this ****. I think we've got a good chance it might happen, Chelsea are desperate for a left back and are willing to pay over the odds most of the time.

_scorpion_

Established Member
nidza7 said:
Obviously there`s no 16 mil buy-out clause in Cashley`s contract.

There certainly is.

It's a minimum buy out clause and it there to protect against lower than 16 million pound bids (which is what Cole could have done if he wanted to leave prior to this mess).

It was agreed as part of our increase in his current wages on his improved contract.

By no means does it mean we must sell Cole once an offer of 16 million pounds comes in.

Burnwinter

Established Member
If we actually receive £20-25m for Cole I'll be gobsmacked ... Chelsea's hunt for the "perfect" team aside, they would have to realise that with that money we could strengthen our squad more than having Cole will strengthen theirs.

As others have rightly pointed out, he's a top quality player, but he's still a left back. Chelsea must really feel we have no chance of beating them this season if they are considering such a deal. And be willing to piss away any amount of money on any player ... I thought they were aiming to be breaking even by the end of season 07-08? Not at this rate.

Cole: £20m+
Ribery: something less than that
Ribery goes past Cole to score at Stamford Bridge: PRICELESS

CubanGooner

I supose that if I was Wenger I haved also ki**** his a**. I think he should have more loyalty to the club and the persons who made him a good player. I've read on ESPN that he has made terrible comments about what the club "done him" when they surprise him talking with Chelski's boss.There're a lots of LB who can be as good as he, I only hope we can win a lot of money in this transfer.

PD: I wanna apologizes because of the mistakes

mood

Very well.

Better keeping the best left-back in the world for anything under than that, but for £25m we can reinforce our squad beyond Cole.. so I'd accept it without thinking.

Maybe we we'd have enough money to splash on Fernando Torres then.

If Chelsea's interest in Ashley Cole is serious and their really really willing to buy him providing Cole wants to go there too. Then we should do what all other clubs did. Drogba, Essien (£5-10m players max.) who were bought for as high as £27.5m. So we should do what all other clubs did and rob £30m off them.

qs

Established Member
I worry, I really do. What if they wont offer us over 20 million for Cole, and then he stats. What next summer? Or the summer after. We could get nothing.

Im trusting Dein and Wenger now what theyre doing here.

Just how desperate for Cole is Kenyon?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There needs to be a little bit of a better understanding of how the market works. Say for example, Cole goes to Chelski for £25m (unlikely) - any club that we then use these funds to negotiate with will add a premium to their asking price because they'll know we've just had a huge payday.

Coming to the later stages of pre-season that we're at, there are fewer big clubs involved in European competition who will be willing to allow any of their better players to leave due to the little time they'd have to find a replacement at a reasonable price. Suggestions that all of that amount would be used for transfers are not realistic either.

What it boils down to is the fact that the money would gurantee us nothing. If worse comes to worst we are left with the one of the best 3 left backs in the world. We still have sufficient funds to strengthen in the market regardless.

I would also hasten to add that we are in a VERY strong negotiating position with the richest man in Britain! Cole is the best possible player they can now sign in a position where they NEED to recruit. He has billions to spend. If he paid £27m for Drogba he should pay £27m for Cole.

Either that or £20m + Gallas and/or Essien. We should accept nothing less than the maximum possible amount. Chelsea will pay it if they want Cole that badly.

Problem sorted.

Fab Fabre04

If ManU value Carrick as 15 million then Ash should be at least 25. Why is it that all english players except ours are over rated. Although I would be happy with 16 million

qs

Established Member
Big Poppa I never even thought of Essein, good call. Id love him here.

I know he's generally an unpopular figure but thats why Id like him, he's dirty. Gets the boot in. Its what we need. He intimidates, he's the closest thing to early Vieira or Roy Keane in the league now. Proper hard man midfielder.

So basically Essein & Gallas & £10million.

Sorted. Now to stop dreaming

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
if cole is to leave, i want that money to be used for an established LB first because clichy still has many works to do before he is ready and he's still out injured...

the remaining of the received money can be used to strengthen other areas...

Harding

£25million price tag...nice one Arsène! put chelsea through their paces a bit see how much they realy want him, £25million income....thats ok by me even if it is cole. although i must admit i would prefer cash and gallas...tit 4 tat in my opinion.

Number8

Still think Cole should get some serious abuse before going off to Chelsea. I don't understand why Wenger hasn't slammed him. I also don't understand why the other players aren't the slightest bit angry with him. The money doesn't matter, its not as if it'll be spent anyways.

gunner_down_under

apparently, the deal should be done by this week......good riddance really!

Is clichy fit now or we'll be sticking Flam at LB for the start of the season again?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
mood said:
Very well.

Better keeping the best left-back in the world for anything under than that, but for £25m we can reinforce our squad beyond Cole.. so I'd accept it without thinking.

Maybe we we'd have enough money to splash on Fernando Torres then.

If Chelsea's interest in Ashley Cole is serious and their really really willing to buy him providing Cole wants to go there too. Then we should do what all other clubs did. Drogba, Essien (£5-10m players max.) who were bought for as high as £27.5m. So we should do what all other clubs did and rob £30m off them.

But the thing is we can't get a LB who is the same class as Cole even when we have that kind of money. Sure some people say that LB/RB are the least important parts of a team but our game rely on attyacking wingbacks who are great defenders to. Because our wingers aren't the best defending. BArca has the luxuary to play attacking defenders who are rubbish defending because they have a CM's and a DM who are better defending then we have.

And what good is it getting GAllas who has stated himself doesn't wanna play LB. If all this had happend before and we could gave gotten ZAmbrotta I wouldn't have sa to replace Cole. Clichy isn't up top it yet and has alotta injury problems aswell. LAhm won't leave BAyern, Sorin is what 30 and other english LB's doesn't cut it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom