• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

I’m happy for Cole to leave as soon as possible with his sack of money and hypocrisy. We only got marginally more out of him last year than Newcastle got from Michael Owen. Another trait he shares with Owen is that of prioritizing England above his club. Don’t forget that not many ex-Arsenal players in recent years have successful careers after going, maybe with the exception of van Bronkhorst.

qs

Established Member
karl said:
I’m happy for Cole to leave as soon as possible with his sack of money and hypocrisy. We only got marginally more out of him last year than Newcastle got from Michael Owen. Another trait he shares with Owen is that of prioritizing England above his club. Don’t forget that not many ex-Arsenal players in recent years have successful careers after going, maybe with the exception of van Bronkhorst.

Very true, same as we all said about Paddy last season. Hopefully Cole will ahve the same luck and Chelsea will be relegated for cheating.

Actually no that would probably completely destroy my already brusied and bashed faith in football

karl

I thought the £16 was a clause inserted by Arsenal at the last extension to not let him leave for less than that amount when he asked for the £60,000 a week? Makes you sick to see him bidding at the Beckhams pre world cup party. He gave us so little last year and took so much!

Harding

can you imagine the ****in stick he will get if he does sign for chelski??? be ****in awesome givin it too him when or if he puts on that blue shirt and comes to the emirates.

if we are going to talk about replacements for ash then who is seriously in the running?

abidal (was awful at the world cup in my opinion)
chivu (would come at a big price, but no more than ash)
grosso (in my opinion he would be a great signing 28 years old, had a great world cup and wouldnt cost ridiculous amount of money)
chielini ( another great young talent, at juve so a move could be there)
taiwo (this is a nigerian fella i saw a bit of last season and he is speedy as hell and is similar to babayro when he was good)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Viper said:
Even if we get the £25m, I doubt Wenger will spend it all.

Yeah, true!

nidza7 said:
RtC,how do you reckon Cashley crisis will resolve?

No idea, but I hope, and Big Poppa's right in what he says that we don't really know the full facts and that things could well be slanted, that if Cole really has slated the club, that he is sold to the highest bidder. And if that is Chelsea, then so be it. And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod. But we will have to live with it.

But I hope Big Poppa's right- and that Cole's comments have been taken out of context. I seriously doubt that, though.

If Cole goes, I would think we do need to sign a quality left back, Gael's been here 3 years and spent around 2 years of that injured, Traore is too young and Flamini- God love him- is not a left back. Though there is Justin Hoyte, who spent considerable time on the left for Sunderland last year, I think...

Allyboy

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod.

That will never happen in a million years :wink:

Harding

speaking of bridge....just say we sold cole and got cash and bridge? would that be so bad? i still think he is a good player but is so unlucky with injuries

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Allyboy said:
RocktheCasbah said:
And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod.

That will never happen in a million years :wink:

Let's hope so, but I trust you've seen the fixture list?

qs- I agree with your point, but the guy's talking as a Chelsea fan, he woould say that, wouldn't he? Just like we all like to think Didier Drogba's crap compared to Robin van Persie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom