• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

regele

Established Member
Harding said:
can you imagine the f*n stick he will get if he does sign for chelski??? be f*n awesome givin it too him when or if he puts on that blue shirt and comes to the emirates.

if we are going to talk about replacements for ash then who is seriously in the running?

abidal (was awful at the world cup in my opinion)
chivu (would come at a big price, but no more than ash)
grosso (in my opinion he would be a great signing 28 years old, had a great world cup and wouldnt cost ridiculous amount of money)
chielini ( another great young talent, at juve so a move could be there)
taiwo (this is a nigerian fella i saw a bit of last season and he is speedy as hell and is similar to babayro when he was good)
Grosso had already signed for Inter before the WC begun, but Chivu or Abidal would be great.

YeahBee said:
mood said:
Very well.

Better keeping the best left-back in the world for anything under than that, but for £25m we can reinforce our squad beyond Cole.. so I'd accept it without thinking.

Maybe we we'd have enough money to splash on Fernando Torres then.

If Chelsea's interest in Ashley Cole is serious and their really really willing to buy him providing Cole wants to go there too. Then we should do what all other clubs did. Drogba, Essien (£5-10m players max.) who were bought for as high as £27.5m. So we should do what all other clubs did and rob £30m off them.

But the thing is we can't get a LB who is the same class as Cole even when we have that kind of money. Sure some people say that LB/RB are the least important parts of a team but our game rely on attyacking wingbacks who are great defenders to. Because our wingers aren't the best defending. BArca has the luxuary to play attacking defenders who are rubbish defending because they have a CM's and a DM who are better defending then we have.

And what good is it getting GAllas who has stated himself doesn't wanna play LB. If all this had happend before and we could gave gotten ZAmbrotta I wouldn't have sa to replace Cole. Clichy isn't up top it yet and has alotta injury problems aswell. LAhm won't leave BAyern, Sorin is what 30 and other english LB's doesn't cut it for me.

Barcelona won the Spanish league & Champions League with van Bronkhurst. need I say more. Chav lover Cole can fu ck off

regele

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Allyboy said:
RocktheCasbah said:
And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod.

That will never happen in a million years :wink:

Let's hope so, but I trust you've seen the fixture list?
heh, I think the keyword there was Highbury, we don't play there anymore, so Allyboy's definently right :wink:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

regele said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Allyboy said:
RocktheCasbah said:
And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod.

heh, I think the keyword there was Highbury, we don't play there anymore, so Allyboy's definently right :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: old habits die hard.

Wednesdayware

Time to start making bets with the less bright Chelsea fans, something along the lines of

"I bet you 100 pounds Chelsea will not beat Arsenal at Highbury this season".

qs

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
qs- I agree with your point, but the guy's talking as a Chelsea fan, he woould say that, wouldn't he? Just like we all like to think Didier Drogba's crap compared to Robin van Persie..

I think Drogba is quality though :lol:

Ahh yeah I know but c'mon. Bridge will never get back into that Chelsea side, its more like saying Cygans as good as Terry :p

gun4glory

Wednesdayware said:
Time to start making bets with the less bright Chelsea fans, something along the lines of

"I bet you 100 pounds Chelsea will not beat Arsenal at Highbury this season".
They're Chelsea fans! Why you being so nice!?

Have 'em borrow from RA!

smokin

Because i think English players add something that foreign ones just do not, and its obviously not talent, just raw grit.

There was a reason the back line used to be incredible and alot of it was around this. Wenger has been quoted himself saying he always wanted to keep an english core, and needed to, and its now long gone and i think it shows in those Bolton-esque type games.

karl

Why is Gallas so desparate to get away from Chelsea though? Maybe he wants to leave the premiership anyway.

Number8

smokin said:
Because i think English players add something that foreign ones just do not, and its obviously not talent, just raw grit.

You try telling that to Lauren, Kolo, Cesc and RvP.

flaunt

A person doesn't get to choose where he's born. But if nationality can be awarded due to spirit, courage, honor and outstanding contribution to one nation, Ashley Cole would not rank in one of those criteria.

The "best" English talent Arsenal have developed have all made their personal agenda's more important than the club.

There was Jay Bothroyd - a player who was on the fast track to stardom until he stupidly thought that his status allowed him to abuse the coaches. Deadly sin: Anger (& stupidity)

There was Jermaine Pennant - a player who was on the move to the first XI until he stupidly found that having "bottle" & "spirit" was better consumed. Deadly sin: Gluttony (& stupidity)

There was David Bentley - a player who has the talent, but also the conceit. He bought into his own hype and lost sight of long term goals to pursue short term ones. Deadly sin: Pride (& stupidity)

Ashley Cole - proof that every man has his price. Deadly sin: Greed (& being an absolute ****).

Jameel46

Established Member
flaunt said:
A person doesn't get to choose where he's born. But if nationality can be awarded due to spirit, courage, honor and outstanding contribution to one nation, Ashley Cole would not rank in one of those criteria.

The "best" English talent Arsenal have developed have all made their personal agenda's more important than the club.

There was Jay Bothroyd - a player who was on the fast track to stardom until he stupidly thought that his status allowed him to abuse the coaches. Deadly sin: Anger (& stupidity)

There was Jermaine Pennant - a player who was on the move to the first XI until he stupidly found that having "bottle" & "spirit" was better consumed. Deadly sin: Gluttony (& stupidity)

There was David Bentley - a player who has the talent, but also the conceit. He bought into his own hype and lost sight of long term goals to pursue short term ones. Deadly sin: Pride (& stupidity)

Ashley Cole - proof that every man has his price. Deadly sin: Greed (& being an absolute ****).

i don't think that anyone can argue with that.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Anybody got an idea how much it would cost to sign/buy-out his contract Gallas now that he has one year left on his contract? How does this work, is it like between a Bosman and regular signing?

bazza_afc

RocktheCasbah said:
Allyboy said:
RocktheCasbah said:

qs- I agree with your point, but the guy's talking as a Chelsea fan, he woould say that, wouldn't he? Just like we all like to think Didier Drogba's crap compared to Robin van Persie..

smokin

i know no one can choose where there born and i know there have been failures but thats no reason to give up.

The fact that its the ENGLISH premier league doesnt make you think we should at least have 1 english player in the starting XI ?

I love every player we have but i still think we should have someone.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Taiwo(Nigerian) is very good. Saw him play couple of times. He has got some killer shot..and is always ready to push up. Fcuk Cole..let him go to Chelsea if he wants to. I would have supported his move to Real Madrid..but Chelsea..with all the trash they heaped on him...sh* what a whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom