• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Benayoun is a fantastic player, my girlfriend is a West Ham UFC season ticket holder, I usually go and watch them play, and all i can say to those people who don't rate him that much is , think again.

He is a sublime player and can easily fit in our team/style. and as Rocky mentioned earlier, just for the goal he scored against spud last year, he worth every penny of that 10m price tag.

Lastly I must say, I dont see this deal happening for so many reasons.. well demur if the board ask Arsène kindly <tie him up to the a tree and place an apple on his head and give ****,**** and Jol, each an arrow and a bow> to purchase Benayoun only for PR reasons.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Cole is all but off. You can quit with the wishful thinking.

As for all these 'touted' fees...at the end of the day Arsenal is right to comand a huge amount (given the ridiculous fees for young unproven English talent), but the reality is 16 million pounds is still good business.

The Yossi rumors, as pointed out by someone earlier, are a smokescreen.

The reason behind it is to negotiate a deal for a player before the confirmation of ca$hley's transfer fee.

We are trying to tie a deal up before the club gets whiff that we are cashed up.

kym7224

_scorpion_ said:
Cole is all but off. You can quit with the wishful thinking.

As for all these 'touted' fees...at the end of the day Arsenal is right to comand a huge amount (given the ridiculous fees for young unproven English talent), but the reality is 16 million pounds is still good business.

The Yossi rumors, as pointed out by someone earlier, are a smokescreen.

The reason behind it is to negotiate a deal for a player before the confirmation of ca$hley's transfer fee.

We are trying to tie a deal up before the club gets whiff that we are cashed up.

I understand it is smokescreen but then who we are try to sign?

Can you give any information scorpion?

gun4glory

el jefe said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006340331,00.html

I know it's the Sun, but it says that Arsène is threatening to cup-tie Cashley for the CL if Chelsea don't pay the asking price. Brilliant.
Haha... Arsène's eing a prick about it! I like!
I guess thats what you get when you leave Wener out of your wedding plans... PAY BACK!

kamikaze80

Established Member
16m pounds for cole would be great, though i do think there's a great chance that we can do a lyon and sell him for 25m. and it should be earmarked for the m diarra fund. even when i liked cole, if you asked me if i'd swap those two straight up, i wouldve said yes in a heartbeat.

Realwood

Chelsea have offered Gallas a new five year contract, let's see if he rejects it or not.

If he does reject it, could be good new for us.

Thai Gunner

kamikaze80 said:
16m pounds for cole would be great, though i do think there's a great chance that we can do a lyon and sell him for 25m. and it should be earmarked for the m diarra fund. even when i liked cole, if you asked me if i'd swap those two straight up, i wouldve said yes in a heartbeat.

Didn't Chelski pay something close to 16 mil for their current right back, Farreira (sp?), who's not even the starter for Portugal? Cole's widely regarded as one of the best left backs (if not the best) in the world right now....so I think demanding 25-30 mil for him is only right!

I hope Dein and Wenger will pull it off. :)

qs

Established Member
Chelsea love buying English players, its an attempt to counter balance all their bad PR from being evil.

We've a distinct lack of English players and we've spent alot of time and effort on Cole. Wenger trusted him and got him through his difficult first few seasons when he was still defensively weak. We have every right to demand a large fee.

As everyones rightly pointed out this should be judged by Chelseas previous spending. Cole is a better player than SWP, Ferierra, Drogba, Duff etc and therefore should cost more.

Anything over 20 million is great.

cassius

isnt there a rule for the champs league where you have to have at least 4 locals in your squad? with campbell leaving and cole to follow, that would only leave walcott?

anything above 20 mill is good, but i really would have prefered if he just apologised over the tapping up thing in the first place, shut his mouth and just played...he was a lock for future captain

junialum

Please let Cole go. I doubt he'll like it at Chelsea anyway.

When was the last time a player left us and did well? I think Gallas could outplay him on the left flank due to Mourinho's tatics.

Cole is a glory hunter imo. Get out Cole!
-------

Let's us concentrate on what we should do without Cole. Who would be the first choice left back? Should we sign? Was anyone impressed with Traore in DB's testimonial? I was.

Nemesis

Personally considering the price Chelsea have payed in the past for inferior players we should demand 35 million pounds for Ash, nothing less.

skald2k

35m pounds are you FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?, we should be asking for about 40-45m bloody friggin MINIMUM pounds. Chelski have all the money in the world, and they need a world class left back. We have one for sale.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Too right...anyone else we'd settle for 25 mil, but if were going to sell to an immediate rival with unlimited resources then push the price right up. They're saying we can't have Gallas so why should we be held to ransom?? Get every last penny out of them, 15 million for his football ability and then the rest for his ego.

What a shame he believed his own hype!

Guillermo

With regard to the transfer, I think we should make life as hard for Chelsea and Cole as possible. Because lets face it, we are in the driving seat here.

Now that Del Horno has gone, Chelsea are in need of a left-back (perhaps not desperate), Zambrotta to Barca has also reduced their options. We've seen them give into large demands before (Essien, Wright-Phillips, Drogba) and there is no reason why they shouldn't either.

And if they refuse..? Well, I'll get to watch Cole at Underhill every other Monday night, and throw things at him.

Chicago

we should take gallas + cash for cole, gallas would help out our CB prolems and between Clichy and the versatility of Lauren, Hoyte, and Flamini, not to mention young traore, I think we can do alright, and our CB's will be Kolo, phil, Djourou, and Gallas, not half bad if you ask me. It would be nice if we could have another big powerful defender, but gallas has certainly shown that his ability more than makes up for his lack of stature.

karl

Just ship Cashley out ASAP. The Vieira and Madrid thing had a negative impact on the beginning of our season and we don't want that again. Besides, I don't want him pocketing £60,000 of our money each week any longer! How much did each game he played for us last year cost.

cesc18

so the club are playing hard ball
i think 25m looks likely
rio cost 30m so i dont think asking 30m for cashley is that bad
anyway it was the same price the club claimed would be needed to sell cole at the premier league inquiry where we "fed cole to the sharks "
:wink:

Jameel46

Established Member
cesc18 said:
so the club are playing hard ball
i think 25m looks likely
rio cost 30m so i dont think asking 30m for cashley is that bad
anyway it was the same price the club claimed would be needed to sell cole at the premier league inquiry where we "fed cole to the sharks "
:wink:

hopefully we get the £30mil, or hopefully he is fed to the sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom