• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Cant see us getting Gallas, although I would love to see it.

They wont want to give to us thier best defender, and also the temptation would be to play him at left back, which is what has made him unhappy at Chelsea in the first place.

Whatever happens, it sounds like we are going to get the best deal possible.

el jefe

Big Poppa said:
Gallas and Essien plus £25m. Our terms or no terms.
Essien sure is a nasty c*nt, but would be exactly what we need. He provided adequate cover at CB for Lyon as well.

And I agree with patrick42uk....even without the tapping-up affair, I would sell Cashley in a second for that kind of money.

Legend#1

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
even if there wasnt this whole cole saga and the relationship between player and club was fine, i'd still be tempted to sell him for 30 million if the bid was on the table. end of the day, lbs dont decide the success of the team. i have been saying for ages that good lbs grow on trees. the assets required are obvious, particularly for our system, pace and stamina to get forward. in the forward positions, the lb doesnt have to particularly do anything. i mean cole is said to be great offensively but he doesnt actually create much. he doesnt have a killer shot or a great cross on him. its just his presence in the forward position thats required. pace and stamina gets you in that position. i have no problem going into the season with traore and clichy.

i think cole might have been pissed off at the hypocrisy of it all. tapping up happens in football all the time and i'm sure arsenal are involved in that.

QFT.

Harding

DOUBLE-YOU said:
Harding said:
if i was wenger...i know i am not but if i was....my talks with chelsea over cole would go something like this:

"ok jose, you want cole and he obviously wants to play for you...fair enough we will accept a fee of £12.5million for him and will allow him to negotiate a contract with you....now youre probably thinking that £12.5 million is a decent price for a player of coles calibure, but theres a catch my friend....we want £12.5million+ willy gallas! if you decline to this then you will have to pay at least £22 million for cole, otherwise there is no deal!....are we clear chico?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: i can see it. straight out of a scene from scarface.

ok ok. big man you wanna spend big bucks. lets see how tough you are eh?.. you know that cole man... speakto me...he coming in on friday. you can come and check him out. if he is what they say he is, you pay us £12m and give us gallas back....and chico, if anything goes wrong david dein gonna stick your head up abramovich ass faster than a rabbit gets f*cked

you read my mind man, i honestly pictured wenger and mourinho in the similar scene to that in scarface. lol quality movie, an absolute classic lets just hope wenger does try to strike a deal similar to that we joke about otherwise he may have to send the boys to pay mr mourinho a visit 8)

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i think cole might have been pissed off at the hypocrisy of it all. tapping up happens in football all the time and i'm sure arsenal are involved in that.

It comes down to "picking the right moment" to be tapped and by which club. This was a poor and selfish decision from Ashley. We had every right to be ticked off.

Revolution

I would prefer taking Gallas who has rather then Essien.

Gallas has a lot of experince in the Premiership and he is a Centre Back - What Arsenal Needs.

Feis-al

Believe me, We just need to milk the Pussies as much as we can because Cole is not really someone I would have wanted to see at Arsenal again. If all thats been written about him is true, Then good riddance and I hope that Anelka clone is gone. Watching Traore, It leaves me with a feeling he could be better than een Clichy looking at his decision making at the bayline. Cole is a good player no doubt but I'm wondering who could miss such a guy! Wenger knows

been

can someone please sum up armand traore for me i hear so muhc and i havent seen him play

height
speed
weight
skill
tough tackling
cross
heading
etc etc

bazza_afc

From what I have seen (limited).
Well he's technically very able, rarely gives the ball away which also indicates good decision making. He's tall, quick (some say quicker than TH14), quite broad for a 16 year old, gets stuck in.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
saw him in only two games so far but I liked what i saw...going forward he is special..and has confidence with the ball. defending well its tough to judge him cos those we have played against so far haven't been gifted enough to challenge him properly.

goonerz49

if we get £30m for ashley cole i'd be so happy that.......hell i'd even forgive ashley cole, come on roman dig deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom