• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Any new development yet ? I’m still not sure, if I should discuss life after him, or with him in the club, in any case I hope something happens sooner or later, I’m really fed up with this feeling of stillness, it feels like a calm sea after a massive hurricane. :|

I love Pascal Cygan.

thegame24 said:
id rather we sold cole to chelsea cause that way we can get 30 million
if we sell to any othre club the price is 16 million

No way. I'd rather sell him to a foreign club for £16m than Chelsea for £20m to £30m.

1. We don't desperately need the money.

2. If other clubs know we have £25m+ at our disposal then they'll try to hold out for even more money then they already are. If Curtis Davies is being quoted at us for £10m now (and we're hardly the richest club in the world) then imagine the problems we'll have if every club knows we're loaded.

3. We don't need Chelsea getting any better and at the same time weakening ourselves even more. How much was the gap last season? Do you want to see that happen again?

4. Chelsea fans would become even more unbearable than they already are. If you know any Chelsea fans then you'll know what I mean. Insufferable ****s every one of them.

5. We don't need a constant reminder of it. If he goes abroad then we won't see him in the papers all the time (sports pages anyway) nor will we have to see on MOTD every Saturday and MOTD2 every Sunday. When he goes I want to be able to draw a line under the whole sorry affair. Out of sight, out of mind.

Arsenal_FAN1983

You have a good point there. I think as soon as Real Madrid make the offer we should sell without hesitation even if Chelsea then come in and say they will pay £30M. :D

Grampus_Eight

As distasteful as it is, Cashley should be sold to the highest bidder like the prostitute he is.  

It looks like the difference would be £16-17m from Madrid compared to £25-27m from Chelsea (hell, they are so desperate to get him to LA for training camp that they might even pay the £30m we're demanding).  

The club have a sizable debt to service (bond re-payments are still significant) and don't seem to have enough money to make any more signings.  Even though it's very doubtful that the Boss will use the money to make a big signing, in theory it could provide the difference between signing Yaya Toure for £8m and Mahamadou Diarra for £19m.

More likely it will help us to sign some more youngsters though.  

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
£30million for a flipping fullback would be one of the best things to ever happen for Arsenal. I dont care if its chelsea or not! Think about it, its mad, cole for the same price as Shevchenko, i mean, wat the hell? I'd sell him and throw in cygan too for that kind of money!

or not... hmmmm

phenn

Chelsea's defense would be disgusting with Cole at LB. Though even with Gallas there they are pretty ****ing good.

I'd have no problem having Gallas play with Toure as CBs personally. Gallas is no doubt better than Phil.

Sell him to Real, it's not like we're going to see the extra 14m pounds with a new player anyway. If it even got to 14m pounds, which it wont.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
el jefe said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006350062,00.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing new really, press yesterday covered it heavily

Zanarkand

Whens arsenals champions league squad deadline? Do we get one after the quals win? Like if arsenal squeeze as much as they can out of chelsea for thursdays deadline, do arsenal then have a few weeks to sign new players for the champions league squad or is our deadline thursday aswell?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is another deadline for the Champions League towards the end of August or first few days of September for the group phase, in the same way there is another deadline just before the knowckout phase at the end of January.

Don't know the exact dates. I'll have to look that up and get back to you.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Loyan said:
There is another deadline for the Champions League towards the end of August or first few days of September for the group phase, in the same way there is another deadline just before the knowckout phase at the end of January.

Don't know the exact dates. I'll have to look that up and get back to you.

thanks for that Loyan, I was personally looking all over the web for information with regards of player registration deadline. you certainly enlightened me, thumbs up for you mate. :)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't worry about it mate. Just double checked and I can confirm the list can be altered as much as possible for each qualifying round provided the application is sent in at least 24 hours before the fist leg of that qualifying game.

You then have another chance to submit a new player entries form up until the first of September 24:00(CET).

For the knockout round however you are only allowed to edit the player roster to include upto 3 new players by the 1st of February.

Feis-al

If he really wants to go, Just let the C*nt loose because he seriously lacks intelligence and I mean it. Anelka left under the same situation but how he regrets it, We will never know. Ask Vieira if he thinks it was such a good move and well, his answer is yelling. Cole for whatever the board did, He should have won the board and still be cheered even if he left but he actually just turned on everyone even the fans by not showing little remorse for his part, let alone apologising. 30m is some how small if Davies is 10 but atleast we would have got back at the Stalins.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
F******g hell, am I the only one that can see the utter madness in selling Cole to Chelsea? For the extra £10m or so that Chelsea are willing to pay, only a small amount will be added to our already sufficient transfer budget and even then - what does it guarantee?!? You just don't go selling your best and most consistent players (who have yet to even reach their prime) to your biggest rivals. Period.

Mourinho took the piss out of our manager and now we're doing him favours?? (like that money's really gonna hurt his pocket!). As was said before, complaining from the rafters about Chelsea's behaviour only to shut up and bend over when they come waving a cheque book is not the sign of a club with any sort of self-respect. We're better than that surely? Even after Gerrard handed in a transfer request and Chelsea came in with a £35m bid, they still told them to f***k off. I personally don't give a f***K about Cole's relationship with the board. I'm only interested in how he performs on the pitch. If his relationship with the board affects his performances on the pitch - then it's a different matter. However, he still gets on with the players, he's joined up with the camp in Austria, what's the big deal. Let's get on with the business of playing football!

Where's the sense in strengthening a rival we're already desperately trying to catch? If we did equal damage to them, by taking Essien and Gallas then maybe - but still, the idea of it stinks. As it happens Roberto Carlos has just confirmed in an interview that he will be staying with Real Madrid after having had talks with Capello, so it looks like we either keep Cole or do business with the enemy of football.

Kenyonhater

I'm totally with you. Cole to Chelsea is sheer f**king lunacy. You just don't sell your best players to your rivals. Who are we, Tottenham F**king Hotspur?

quattro

bottomline though, if cole really wants to go to chelski then there's very little we can do about it. if thats the case then we SHOULD get as much as possible. i think most here know that selling cole to a direct rival is a terrible idea footballwise... but we can't hold on to a player who wants out as obviously his performance WILL suffer if we do. its not an ideal situation, but if we must let chelsea have him then it is imperative that we AT LEAST get a very high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom