• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swish

Established Member
well, he is a great player, no denying that.

But due to the circumstances, we simply cant keep him at the club. Im sure he may have pissed off several other players due to his strong showing of disloyalness to the club.

Either way, I cant see him featuring for Arsenal on many more occasions.

I say confirm the deal and give him to Chelsea after we cup tie the little sod for the Champions League, then take Roman's £30m.

That will really piss them off ;)

Zico

Established Member
Swish said:
well, he is a great player, no denying that.

But due to the circumstances, we simply cant keep him at the club. Im sure he may have pissed off several other players due to his strong showing of disloyalness to the club.

Either way, I cant see him featuring for Arsenal on many more occasions.

I say confirm the deal and give him to Chelsea after we cup tie the little sod for the Champions League, then take Roman's £30m.

That will really piss them off ;)

I'm trying to understand why Roman would buy a cup-tied Ashley. Beats me, mate. His price / desirability would be tied to his availability for Champs League which is Chelsea's priority this season.

AFGC7 is spot on by saying that Cole won't make Chelsea much stronger, but Arsenal could do wonders with 30 million quid. If spent, that's two superstars at centre-back and defensive mid; and a decent left-back to hold the fort while Clichy gets better.

Swish

Established Member
unfortunately, it wouldnt work. But would be funny if it did happen ;)

Wenger would invest the £30m expertly, something Mourinho and Fergie could never do.

It would get us at least one class player with some superb young guns to add to our roster of talented youngsters.

As for a decent left back till Clichy gets better, can we not just throw Flamini there for the time being?

Not sure if he likes playing in that role, but he didnt exactly play badly at all in the position for the best part of the second half of last season.

sn196

Just watched Sky Sports News and they said that A Cole went to the training ground today, for 1 hour!!!

Gone to clear out his drawer maybe??

Legend#1

Established Member
sn196 said:
Just watched Sky Sports News and they said that A Cole went to the training ground today, for 1 hour!!!

Gone to clear out his drawer maybe??

Just about to post that.

He was supposed to do light training, but left within the hour.. Like you said, probably clearing his things out.

el jefe

I think some people on this forum have lost their minds. Why would we hold on to Cashley for two more years, let him rot in the reserves as some have suggested, and then allow him to leave on a Bosman? Let him go to Chelsea. If they don't buy him, I'm sure they will make an absurd offer for another great LB. Why shouldn't we be the ones to rip them off this time? As painful as it might be for some of us to see him playing for Chelsea, this would be an outstanding piece of business.

AFCFan4Ever

This is the beginning of the end, I'd expect something within the next day or so. I just hope Chel$ki and Moaninho don't rake us over the coals and we actually get a good amount of money from off that little bastard.

nazo

Established Member
Get the best you can get to help us. I don't care who we sell him to as long as we get the best deal.

I don't care if we sell him to Chelski, they have enough good players and a good lb wouldn't make them that much better.

Me<--

My worry is that they strech it out so long before doing the deal that we won't have enough time to spend the money before all the deadlines have passed.

silky

Me<-- said:
My worry is that they strech it out so long before doing the deal that we won't have enough time to spend the money before all the deadlines have passed.

Well depends on the sum first.

1. We as a club have to appear to want to keep him, this will keep the transfer fee up and give us something to bargin with rather than getting low balled bids. We must play him in the CL qualifer otherwise it looks like we dont want him.

2. Ideally we sell him before the CL game so we get the most amount of money possible.

3. The sooner we sell him the more time we have to spend the money, but it may also be fair game to wait until January and see how the team has faired. Risky I will agree, but it would give us a chance to look at the players we have as opposed to bringing in new ones straight away.

I think hes a fantastic player, one we need to keep on the pitch. But what he seems to do off merits nothing more than a transfer to the highest bidder. Judging from what he has said and done I recon this is what he wants as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom