• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
just heard on the BBC that Shaun Wright Phillips might be added to the deal. with rosicky, hleb, ljungberg and reyes on the team, i doubt the boss is interested in SWP.

I love Pascal Cygan.

gunnertilldeath said:
just heard on the BBC that Shaun Wright Phillips might be added to the deal. with rosicky, hleb, ljungberg and reyes on the team, i doubt the boss is interested in SWP.

Unless the Reyes to Real Madrid is actually on...

Anyway, Reyes >>> SWP.

Legend#1

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:

Since we were interested in Ribery and he's staying, I wouldn't put it past SwP coming.

Wenger is a known admirer.

Legend#1

Established Member
I love Pascal Cygan. said:
gunnertilldeath said:

Anyway, Reyes >>> SWP.

Could be.

I ****ing hope not.

Graham Hunter said on SSN that the Reyes to Real rumours are true, and Baptista could be used as bait.

I love Pascal Cygan.

Legend#1 said:
gunnertilldeath said:

Since we were interested in Ribery and he's staying, I wouldn't put it past SwP coming.

The squad would be a bit winger heavy though.

There's little point in SWP going from sitting on the Chelsea bench to coming and sitting on the Arsenal bench.

Although I imagine the benches at AG are far, far superior to the benches at Roman's piss hole of a stadium 8)

I love Pascal Cygan.

Legend#1 said:
gunnertilldeath said:

Anyway, Reyes >>> SWP.

Could be.

I f****g hope not.

Graham Hunter said on SSN that the Reyes to Real rumours are true, and Baptista could be used as bait.

Negotiate a quick sale of Reyes with Real and then send them Cole wearing a Reyes mask.

Legend#1

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
gunnertilldeath said:

The squad would be a bit winger heavy though.

There's little point in SWP going from sitting on the Chelsea bench to coming and sitting on the Arsenal bench.

Although I imagine the benches at AG are far, far superior to the benches at Roman's piss hole of a stadium 8)

If the Reyes stories are true, then I understand.

But we've been linked with wingers most of the transfer window.. Maybe Wenger feels that Freddie's injuries are taking a toll.

I love Pascal Cygan.

Legend#1 said:

But we've been linked with wingers most of the transfer window.. Maybe Wenger feels that Freddie's injuries are taking a toll.

We're thinking along the same lines here.

I love Freddie (and his Calvins) but last season was truly woeful for him.

We have to take into account the fact that he was playing with an injury (and even commend him for putting himself through the pain barrier for the cause) but he can't have another season like he had in 05/06 without his position in the squad being questioned. I imagine that he missed Bergkamp's vision and creativity more than anyone.

Le Boss knows when a player is past his peak physically so I trust his judgement over Freddie too.

Freddie's given us enough over the years to warrant us all cutting him some slack and if he gets fully fit then I can see him really benefitting from playing alongside Fabregas, Adebayor and Henry.

*Ever so slightly* off topic.

anesumachoko

Real Madrid have a tendency to disrespect other clubs but wenger clearly stated that reyes and cesc are not going anyway not in a thousand year or in his life time

Grampus_Eight

Hollanda said:
Ziontrain said:
Buhry said:
lagosgooner said:
just thought i'd add my two cents
Just wondering.. When did you see him play before the african nations cup? Surely it must have been the youth world cup? because he didn't exactly set the world on fire while playing for lyn..

The name - and flag in his avatar - would be a hint that he comes from the same country as Obi. They do play football over there actually and Obi played for Plateau United and the national youth teams - which is how he got on the radar of first Man U then Chelsea. Lyn was actually a last resort as he could not legally sign for those teams before age 18.

He was actually one of the few players in Norwegian league who was a cut above - but that league is 3rd tier, so that isn't saying much. He will have to prove it here at Chelsea.

I visited last year the World Cup for under 21 in holland (saw Brazil vs Argentina in de Galgenwaard in Utrecht, Messi was briljant that match and tournament).

One of the best players of the Tournament was a Arsenal Player: Quincy Owusu Abeyi (left winger from holland). He was briljant an showed a lot of tricks against Japan (unbelievable) but now he is playing in Moscow.

Jon Obi Mikel was briljant in the under 21 too (couldn't believe all the nigerian players where that young because some dutch coach in nigeria told us that the nigerian television people where laughing because most of the players where actualy much older than 21 but they have a false id/pasport hehe). Jon Obi Mikel was realy a briljant midfielder a natural leader in the field (I was realy impressed when I saw him playing, think it's stupid of Man-U that they sold him 2 Chelsea he is the future midfielder of the world) !!!

But I hated Obi Mikel because Holland lost with penalties (what's new haha) from Nigeria but after a lot and a lot of penalties (all the players shot and only a few missed even the goal keepers had 2 score some goals and finaly the first penalty taker of Holland, Collins John of Fullham missed his 2nd penalty). A pittie else Holland had been in the final against Argentina.

But seing Messi (before he was playing in the first team of Barça) was realy incredible what a pace, realy fast and what a goal against Brazil. Brazil under 21 got a realy weak team (only the right back defender with blond long hair, thought he was called/named: Rafael, was good).

Hollanda,
What did you think of Taye Taiwo? He was voted the bronze ball for third best player in the tournament and most rated him the top defender there. What did you think? Hup, hup.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Legend#1 said:

Yes thats what I have come to believe in recent weeks with the amount of wingers we have been getting linked to.

AFCFan4Ever

I really doubt Moaninho is going to let SWP go after selling Duff, would leave them short on the wings.

I still think it'll be a straight cash deal, 25 mil.

LeRon

We should just hold out for Gallas as part of the deal, because I can't see AW getting the chance to lay his hands on another defender of that quality! If Chelscum want the prick SO much they'll agree that deal and then sign Nesta or someone like that!

Now I'm not a religious kinda guy but if there is a God please take a giant sh!t over the bridge!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So if Cashley met with the board tomorrow, agreed to take out the explosive sections of his 'autobiography', generally tone down the contents of the book and then signed a new contract keeping him at Arsenal for another 4 more years, how would you react to him?

I won't forget what he's done/doing but I can still forgive him.

What about you guys?
I won't forgive him unless he apologises. Yes the club might have treated him unfairly for breaking the previous 60k p/w wage promise and led to tap-up incident. Yet there were better ways to sort out the difference between him and the borad, and to hold a secret meeting with a league rival was definitely not one of them. In the last 18 months Ashley spent so much effort in the attemp to verthrow his fined verdict and writing up a autobiography. But he just didn't want to spend just 10 mins to hold a press conference and say sorry to the club and the fans. Just one word 'sorry' and the fans will be happy and so would Ashley.

What is loyalty to him anyway? If someday Cheryl has an argument with Ashley, should she go out with another male in a secret meeting rather than sort out her differences with Ashley?

Now I begin to believe ANR's story that the idea of secret meeting was Ashley's idea. That's why he took the board's decision of reporting him and Chelsea so personal. If the idea was his agent's, Ashley wouldn't have fight so hard.

Sad, really. Anyway the deadline of submitting the squad list for the 3rd qualification is the 3rd August. If Ashely still decides to be a c*nt until that moment so be it.

visitor99

I've heard from a credible source of a 'gentleman's agreement' between Real, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Chelsea agreed to not get into a bidding war with Madrid and Barcelona for the Juve players. In return Madrid and Barcelona agreed to not get involved in bidding for Cole.

With no bids coming from Spain and with Cole obviously feigning illness to avoid training, Arsenal are not in the great negotiating position that some here believe. He'll be at Chelsea within a couple of days, and the fee will be closer to Chelsea's 16m offer than Arsenal's asking price.

run

Just keep him, and keep him on the bench! Let him rot. He can leave when he is 27 and out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom