• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
visitor99 said:
I've heard from a credible source of a 'gentleman's agreement' between Real, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Chelsea agreed to not get into a bidding war with Madrid and Barcelona for the Juve players. In return Madrid and Barcelona agreed to not get involved in bidding for Cole.

With no bids coming from Spain and with Cole obviously feigning illness to avoid training, Arsenal are not in the great negotiating position that some here believe. He'll be at Chelsea within a couple of days, and the fee will be closer to Chelsea's 16m offer than Arsenal's asking price.

Absolute BS. I guess you don't understand the meaning of contract. It doesn't matter if the player wants to leave or not, as long as he's on a contract Arsenal get to call the shots. Take Essien for example, he had no desire to stay at Lyon and even didn't turn up for training (at least the **** here did) but because he was under contract, Lyon held out for their valuation of the player and weren't going to sell him to Chelsea until it was met. Simply put, Arsenal do not have to accept anything less than what they want from Chelsea.

Wenger emphasised that it would be Arsenal and not Cole, who has recently criticised the club in extracts of his autobiography, who decided whether the player leaves. "If Ashley is going to be sold he will be informed and if he is staying then he will be informed of that as well," he said. "Ashley is under contract to Arsenal, so who do you think will decide what happens to him?"

Jaded

I rather have him at Chelsea to be honest, as much i despise Cashley, i despise Real even more. I hate them to the point that i would stab Calderon and Perez with a screw driver if i given a chance.

Real is a bully in the transfer market, they treat other clubs like garbage, and they always have the upper hand in dealing for a player. They will use every means necessary just to get a player, including bribing the agent, meeting player without the knowledge of the club, using the media to unsettled the players. And they never pay the whole transfer fee in one go. It always the same routine of paying 8 mil upfront and the other 12 mil in 4 years time just like they did for Zidane, Figo and Beckham deal.

And from what i heard and read in yesterday Spanish press, they don't have alot of money right now, Caja Madrid has blocked their unrestricted loan, and they will use their crap players for a swap deal, Guti and Gravesen will be the first two name to get the boot.

run

Gooner83 said:
run said:
Just keep him, and keep him on the bench! Let him rot. He can leave when he is 27 and out of contract.

Is that really in the best interest of the club.

The club has to weigh the size of the transfer fee they can get in return for Cole against the pain of selling to Chelski and, more importantly, the value of standing up to this little c*nt. Right now I'd put a pretty high price on screwing over cole and chelsea...but then again, i'm probably too emotional to run the club.

And in regard to a "gentleman's agreement" between the spanish clubs and chelsea; there are no gentlemen at that russian team, so it can't possibly be true.

visitor99

Shadow Moses said:
Absolute BS. I guess you don't understand the meaning of contract. It doesn't matter if the player wants to leave or not, as long as he's on a contract Arsenal get to call the shots. Take Essien for example, he had no desire to stay at Lyon and even didn't turn up for training (at least the c**t here did) but because he was under contract, Lyon held out for their valuation of the player and weren't going to sell him to Chelsea until it was met. Simply put, Arsenal do not have to accept anything less than what they want from Chelsea.

Wenger emphasised that it would be Arsenal and not Cole, who has recently criticised the club in extracts of his autobiography, who decided whether the player leaves. "If Ashley is going to be sold he will be informed and if he is staying then he will be informed of that as well," he said. "Ashley is under contract to Arsenal, so who do you think will decide what happens to him?"

So the actions of Scott Parker, Louis Saha, Michael Essien, Harry Kewell and Obi Mikel all had nothing to do with their transfers, despite their clubs wanting to keep them. It must have been coincidence then. A lot of coincidences.

quattro

So the actions of Scott Parker, Louis Saha, Michael Essien, Harry Kewell and Obi Mikel all had nothing to do with their transfers, despite their clubs wanting to keep them. It must have been coincidence then. A lot of coincidences.
dont really remember what kewell went for but yeah most of them have something in common: the seller got HIS price.

i dont see where our bargaining position has been compromised. so what if you will no longer be challenged by madrid? who challenged you into paying over the odds for essien? and this time you dont even have a left back of similar caliber... something which i think is more to arsenal's bargaining advantage.

Ratinho

Established Member
I love Pascal Cygan. wrote:

So if Cashley met with the board tomorrow, agreed to take out the explosive sections of his 'autobiography', generally tone down the contents of the book and then signed a new contract keeping him at Arsenal for another 4 more years, how would you react to him?

Jesus christ, how is any of that even applicable. The little self publicising Beckham wanabee aint gonna tone down a book that will get him as much coverage as this. And he might not get as much money if he didn't act the cuunt, eh?

And why exactly would he want to sign a new contract with Arsenal, when he's made it perfectly clear that he wants to move to a richer club?

And what Shadow said, even if he does think i'm crap. :)

Ratinho

Established Member
visitor99 said:
Shadow Moses said:
Absolute BS. I guess you don't understand the meaning of contract. It doesn't matter if the player wants to leave or not, as long as he's on a contract Arsenal get to call the shots. Take Essien for example, he had no desire to stay at Lyon and even didn't turn up for training (at least the c**t here did) but because he was under contract, Lyon held out for their valuation of the player and weren't going to sell him to Chelsea until it was met. Simply put, Arsenal do not have to accept anything less than what they want from Chelsea.

And all these players went for highly overpriced fees because the clubs the players were contracted to could assk whatever they wanted and not budge, as they knew the other club could pay their desired asking price, baring Leeds financial mess.

The club either decide to keep a player, or have an acceptable value that is the value of the player plus basically' buying out' his contract.

What I think Shadow is saying, is that the power is with the club for a contracted player (with 2 or more years left) as they either stay or they get more than enough money to compensate for them. Infact, that's exactly what he said. Your response isn't actually relevant to what he was talking about.

qs

Established Member
Travelling Gooner said:
Have a peek at this guys:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 233914.stm

I think we should keep a keen eye on this situation - If Chelsea want Gallas out then a deal might well be on the cards.

I seen that this morning. Im pretty sure Dein and WEnger will know about it too. If we could Gallas for Cole Id be well happy. Money added to that would be a great deal. Gallas is exactly the player we need. Wenger must be pushing for it ..... musnt he?

Would Gallas want to play for us? Does he want out of London or just Chelsea I wonder. How close is he to Theirry when they meet up for France?

I'd be well happy with it though.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, Gallas wants to go to Italy right? Why would he stay in London and go to a weaker club than Chelsea? Why would Chelsea sell their best defender to Arsenal?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Err, why would Arsenal want to sell one of their best players to Chel$cum?

Cos he wants to go.

Gallas obviously wants out, along with Crespo, Drogba and a few others.

That said I doubt any of them want to play at the Emirates on Arsenal wages. I'm sure they are thinking Spain or Italy.

Army of Me

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Yeah, Gallas wants to go to Italy right? Why would he stay in London and go to a weaker club than Chelsea? Why would Chelsea sell their best defender to Arsenal?
wash your mouth out.

Swish

Established Member
These type of situations will crop up more with Chelsea over the next year.

Soon they will reach a point when no-one will want to join them due to the fact that they know they wont get much game time.

I expect to see Kalou, Mikel and Crespo (again) in the bargain bucket at the end of next season. Maybe along with SWP.

Rahul

pha2er said:
Ratinho said:
wash your mouth out.

i know its tough to listen to,but it is the truth

Army of Me

Established Member
Rahul said:
pha2er said:
Ratinho said:
wash your mouth out.

maybe.

who knows how we're going to do next season? our team might just click and we'll blow everyone away, chelsea might self destruct under the weight of all those massive ego's - one defeat like 'boro last year and who know what could happen?

i just despise the 'defeatist attitude' - the season hasn't started and we're already writing ourselves off, how fantastic!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rahul said:
pha2er said:
Ratinho said:
wash your mouth out.

Weaker club atm for the year and a half that it . Not in a 100 year comparison.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mourinho is loathe to the idea of allowing Gallas to leave, but word has it that he (Gallas) is so determined to go that he's willing to buy out the remaining year of his contract (which would be part subsidised by his destination club).

It's unlikely he would join Arsenal I think because his reason for leaving is that he wants to try a new league and not just the fact that he doesn't like playing LB. He's also on about £85k at Chelsea and would probably not be willing to accept a wage drop (players around 28/29 usually want one last big contract).

Incidentally though, he and Thierry come from the same suburb in Paris and have been very good friends since they first played together in the France U17 team. Unlikely to be much of a decisive factor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom