• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silky

So Cole plays on the 19th is all of this forgotten when he plays like the world class left back we know he is?

Forgive and forget?

We certainly shouldnt cut the price just becuase we want him out because at the end of the day hes world class and we need world class english players playing....

25mil I would sell him, anything much less becomes a bum deal...

vin de guerre

gunnerturk said:
It will only end when he gets his British citizenship as he doesn't want to end up in a russian prison like his former partner.

Who do you think put his former partner in prison?

Answer: His present "sleeping" partner who goes my the name of Vlad Putin!

Abramovitz has no need for UK citizenship with his wealth!

On a less serious note:
Who would want to be a UK citizen when they can be Israeli? :eek:ops:
(I hope the Hizbollah have not rocketed his villa in the north!) :twisted:

Zico

Established Member
This is taking too long. At this point I'd take 20 million pounds, Wayne Bridge and a bag of chips.

The current spate of injuries and rested players (Clichy, Senderos, Diaby, Henry) has reminded me that the team is very thin on top level players. If that rat Cole can give us two or three very good players he'll be my favorite player.

Harding

call me a mad man, but i think we should seriously consider having a look at Leighton Baines, he was impressive in his 1st season in the top flight last season and i think he will only improve this season. Put him in a decent side like our and BINGO! 21 years of age, english, likes to get forward but because of him being english he would probably come at a hefty price!

cesc18

Ratinho said:
Clichy is never ever going to be fully fit. Ever.

Ever.

as harsh as it sounds
i actually think that is a real possibility :(
we cant keep cashley i know that but with 20m we can get a replacement surely
btw didnt hoyte play left back in the two pre season games
didnt watch the games so am not sure
he might be an option at lb

Austrian Gooner

cesc18 said:
Ratinho said:

Ever.

as harsh as it sounds
i actually think that is a real possibility :(
we cant keep cashley i know that but with 20m we can get a replacement surely
btw didnt hoyte play left back in the two pre season games
didnt watch the games so am not sure
he might be an option at lb
in mattersburg it was traore as far as i can remember, and he looked like a decent solution, but the opponent was terribly weak

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I'd be more concerned about losing Toure, Fabregas or Henry to injury. The rest you can blag it. Traore looks like a class player, why not take a chance on him? He certainly looks physically up for the job, maybe not for a whole season but to fill in for a while. Sometimes the only way players learn is to play in the first team

Ratinho

Established Member
regele said:
Ratinho said:

Ever.
Huh :? What the heck of a post is that mate?

A factual one that we are all going to have to come to terms with.

And Baines is no better than the likes of Hoyte, and maybe even Armand Traore given a run. But definitely no better than Hoyte.

And Roberto Carlos is a shambles, and an arrogant has-been shambles at that. If Capello has his game hat on, he'd be replacing him whether he stayed or not.

Gurgen

Established Member
Ratinho is right, Clichy is made of glass. I think we can write him off long term.

Armand Traore however, looks like one hell of a player. If he keeps this up there's no telling how good he could be. Well maybe that an exaggeration considering there's been only a few preseason games, but I've been very impressed.

karl

I always thought Carlos was overrated. He has this reputation for scoring loads of free kicks based on one amazing piece of luck before the 98 World Cup. I think it was at Le Tournoi. Most of his shots sail past quite harmlessly. They'd be smart to look at Cole in a hurry. They are probably the only other club willing to pay the wages he wants. Only problem is that they pay in slow installments.

By the way, Wayne Bridge does not excite me. How many injury prone defenders would we have then!

Gooner83

Carlos is not over-rated... hes been one of the most consistant fullbacks for quite some time... He can hit freekicks with real power but since when was freekicks part of a defenders job anyway.

Number8

Gooner83 said:
Carlos is not over-rated... hes been one of the most consistant fullbacks for quite some time... He can hit freekicks with real power but since when was freekicks part of a defenders job anyway.

When the last time he actually scored from one of his free-kicks? He was always over-rated, but now with his advanced age he's just a bit of a joke really.

Ratinho

Established Member
Gooner83 said:

No, he was.

For at least 3 seasons now, he's been an arrogant mess at the back thinkning about his own game, which has mainly involved wandering out of position and hammering the ball away as high and hard as he can.

And when he demands teh ball on so many free kicks, only to f**k them up, then free kicks are very much his job.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Number8 said:
Gooner83 said:

When the last time he actually scored from one of his free-kicks? He was always over-rated, but now with his advanced age he's just a bit of a joke really.

last season with real madrid...

in fact he scored 5 for his club last season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom