• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampus_Eight

Meatwad said:
Grampus_Eight said:
Meatwad said:
Urby wouldn't offer us much at this point and he certainly doesn't have more potential than Traore. why sign another young player who won't offer much this season? either an older player who won't block anyone or roll with who you have until clichy is ready.

wengerboy said:
we are gonna be like the new ajax, watching the youth players leaving while we are saying we have a bright future over and over again.
oh please use some logic. ajax can't afford to pay the wages we pay players. the players he sells for big money are always replaced with class players.

First, Urby Emanuelson made the first XI team at this recent U-21 tournament and made 34 starts for Ajax last year including all their champions league fixtures. So you can't exactly say he wouldn't potentially offer something right now. He is also a left footed player that can play in the midfield something we don't have a lot of right now. More importantly, we need depth and competition for places. It needs to be assumed that Clichy will struggle with injuries, this current injury was rumored to be career threatening. Hopefully Gael will return, but look at his full recovery as a pleasant surprise, not something the club need to count on it.

Other than Ricardo Gardner, I don't know of any older left backs who are available and could step right in for the short term. Do you?
I know he started for Ajax, he contributed to one of our goals. If we want growing pains we have players like that on our club, we don't need to go elsewhere to get it. A healthy Clichy is better than him. In the short term (and if Clichy got hurt again), Flamini is a much safer option. I just don't see him offering anything to us at this point.

Fair enough. You're probably right. I don't think Emanuelson is necessarily the answer, but I really want to see us get some depth and cover. Urby is a left back who I think is naturally left footed (although converted from left midfield). I just presume that Clichy will never be healthy. Right now it looks like Flamini and Hoyte will split time over there. Maybe Hoyte could be a longer term option?

Grampus_Eight

chelsie said:
mUTHAF'/0/O879!#$#%
Dude you're dillussional! Insane! I'm no Chelsea fan FFS. Since when does chelsea fc spell Chelsea 'c.h.e.l.s.i.e?

I swear to god I'm gonna have to change my name. :x

I'm just merely stating that these reports are bullsh!t! Ash was supposed to be a chelsea player 2 weeks ago. He isn't.

Never accuse me of following that lot again!!

MY APOLOGIES. By the way, I'm neither insane nor delusional. Your screen name is chelsie, its very close to chelsea. Your post seemed to indicate that you were tired of waiting for Cole to slip into a Chelsea shirt. Sort of a curious sentiment. While I guess I'm happy to see him leave, especially if we get our 25M quid, I'm not exactly dying for him to complete Mourinho's dream team.

The reports are certainly NOT bullshit. Just like the tapping up was NOT bullshit. It is all very real.

Anyway, sorry about the mistaken identity. I will also retract what I wrote to you in Russian.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2299435,00.html

So I think everything is clear. It is not like what appears to be happening with Gallas — no ghost clubs or ghost offers. Everything is very clear. We would like your player, how much do you want? We offer this, you accept, thank you. But if you don’t accept, it is in your power to decide to do that.”

****ing hypocrite, I tell you.

Now he is labeling us as a ghost club with a ghost offer.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What I feel is the worst part of all this is that we will have similar situations every summer for 10 years!!! First it was PAddy, now Cole and to some extent Reyes, Cesc will always be a target for Real and Barca, if RVP isn't a starter for next season he will be on the way put, We have Kolo who is one of the best CD around and he must get some attention soon. then we have signed a few of the best youngsters around who came in with such huge excpectations that they will also be targeted

been

i always here AC are intrested in toure altho its not made public i heard they once had a bid rejected

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I doubt how susccessful Cashley will be in Chelski. In the WC, time and time again he and Joe Cole were just not fit-in. Joe wanted to do more trickery. Joe ingored Cashley's run or used him to diverst opponent defenders while himself could have more space to cut inside. Joe simply can't time his pass well for Ash's off-ball run. Pires was telepathic in this aspect and he was not selfish. Unless Joe Cole breaks his habbit, I can't see him team up with Ash on the left flank. Robben is not a good at timing passes to release the ball on the space just around the coner flag for overlapping Ash to collect.

Defensewise, Ash surely fits Mourinho's bill. But Attackingwise, it all depends on how much Mourinho wants his side to play attractive football. The thing is Mourinho is not faithful in playing attractive football. When the going gets tough, Mourinho will go back to his shell and play ball-hoofing 451 again. Ash was brought up by Wenger to play the Wengerball. I doubt Mourinho will ask his team to play beautiful football or just a beautiful play on the left flank.

AGooner

Yeh, I agree Cole doesn't fit into the typical *****-in-ho team, as I've seen at Porto and Chelsea. I don't think he is that keen, as seen by his comments today. However, Cole is acting like a c*nt to try and force a transfer through, and I believe Chelsea will exploit this.

As for the Gallas thing, his problems with Chelsea are obviously about money as he's on nowhere near the kind of wages that JT's on. I think he's a great player but the chances of a swap deal are very slim, I think he'll be off to Milan.

Jameel46

Established Member
Chelsea are unwilling to spend more than £20m on England and Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole. (Daily Star)

the tight bastards.

IBL

Established Member
If they want him bad enough they'll pay up. The selling clubs for Essien and Drogba held out to virtually the last minute to get their price, with Del Horno gone and Bridge looking unhappy Chelsea are certainly in the market for a top class LB.

Army of Me

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Chelsea are unwilling to spend more than £20m on England and Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole. (Daily Star)

the tight bastards.
then they won't get him - simple as.

unless they're willing to pay off our stadium then we'll sell him to real madrid.

i'd rather sell him to madrid for £16mil than to chelsea for £20mil tbh - no point strengthening them unless we're getting paid top dollar for it.

Jameel46

Established Member
Current 'World Class' chelsea defence:

Terry
Carvalho
Gallas - wants to leave
Huth - also wants to leave
Morais

Bridge

Paolo Ferreira

world class defence? in my opinion it looks a little thin, 1 LB and 1 RB, their great defence is in my opinion is down to Makelele, i remember when he didn't play and chelsea got beat 2 or 3 nil to middlesbrough. i think that they need a LB (gallas and geremi can play at RB), so they will probably pay-up for the **** ashley cole.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I enjoyed that a lot. Good to see it isn't just Arsenal fans who can see this whole episode for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom