• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

kooldawg said:
I seriously doubt that Chelsea will match ARsenals valuation of Cole and in the end he'll stay along with Reyes, same things happening with Real, they wont match our valuation.

In case they do get sold, i dont expect any transfers coming in. Another lean season coming right up.
A very depressing thought. :(

Mckenna

Although I’m still of the opinion that Wenger will not push the boat out, I wouldn’t be surprised to see two or three low key signings. They’ll be players who won’t blow our socks off, but will probably come in and do a good job. While Abidal has been suggested, and that might kill two birds with one stone, both replacing Cole and appeasing Thierry, I think there are other options out there, having heard Marcell Jansen’s name mentioned previously as a LB option.

The reason why I think Wenger will sign a couple of players, is that however happy he is with team spirit, he knows he cannot afford to have an unhappy Thierry Henry starting this season. Despite Cesc’s emergence as our second most important man, Thierry is still the conductor whom our orchestra follows, and if he’s in that mood where he gets upset with the team and thus doesn’t perform his best, we will be in a bad position.

The two stories in the Sun this week suggested that, while Henry remains a committed captain, he is concerned about the transfer activity and has expressed this to Wenger along with his concerns about Cole. Given it appears Cole has now gone, this is a double worry for Wenger. Unless there is some major powerplay to take all the Cole cash behind the scenes, which I just can’t see because everything has gone off so smoothly at the new stadium, there will be money available and I think the board will advise Wenger, if he hasn’t got any specific transfer targets lined up, to pull his finger out and sign someone, because otherwise they will become known as a selling club, not a Premiership force as we should rightly be known.

Not attempting to get either my own or your hopes up (that’s incredibly dangerous with Arsène) but I think that if the Cole story is true, we will see at least two more signings, one for LB, and one for CB as before the Cole thing reached it’s peak, Arsène acknowledged we needed defensive reinforcement. They probably won’t be the players we’re expecting, but I do think they’ll come in.

cmquakes

Realwood said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/08/12/sfnars12.xml

"As it is, striker Juan Antonio Reyes could move to Real Madrid"

Juan, eh? Does that mean Jose is staying? :wink:

Raypele

Think that is it, telegraph would not rely on vitalchelsea alone.

Superb business by Arsenal. I believe Wenger will now go ahead with the transfer(s) it seemed he had lined up (interview after AZ game).

scruzgooner

it doesn't appear they relied on *anyone*. "chelsea are believed" to have...etc.

ponce is a chav, no doubt. probably the same wankmonkey who runs the vitalchel$ki site.

what a waste of an article. bloody telegraph.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
scruzgooner said:
it doesn't appear they relied on *anyone*. "chelsea are believed" to have...etc.

ponce is a chav, no doubt. probably the same wankmonkey who runs the vitalchel$ki site.

what a waste of an article. bloody telegraph.

Indeed, nothing is for sure really. Just a blown out rumor in my view

>YounGunner<

Established Member
If Chelsea are willing to pay 23million why not just pay 25million?! Only 2million Less FFS.

Pathetic how they are trying to restore some pride with the 2million less.

RC8

Established Member
You're sad, even for your standards, which are very low by the way. You come to a random forum and start posting crap, you act like racist idiots, you post adult images on a universal forum frequently attended by minors, and to top it all you seem to have organized this childish actions just for the sake of it, as we haven't faced each other in years.

I seriously think people like you deserve some kind of physical punishment, however, I will be happy if you are all banned and your posts deleted.

Please go away and never come back.

gooner85

NIPOLOPO said:
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article1218668.ece

OH Dear. I bet they are planning to make a £25m bid on the last day of the transfer window , so we don't get the money we need nor the time to make a bid for his replacement

This whole saga is part of Chelski's plan to destabilise our club. No player will ever be bigger than the club and its just a shame that the situation involving Cole, alot of which was his own doing, has reached this stage.

gooner85

RC8 said:
You're sad, even for your standards, which are very low by the way. You come to a random forum and start posting crap, you act like racist idiots, you post adult images on a universal forum frequently attended by minors, and to top it all you seem to have organized this childish actions just for the sake of it, as we haven't faced each other in years.

I seriously think people like you deserve some kind of physical punishment, however, I will be happy if you are all banned and your posts erased.

Please go away and never come back.

I agree TOTALLY with you. Some of the images posted by these thugs are horrible and the mods will get rid of these images in the morning.
LONG LIVE THE GUNNERS!!!

visitor99

18.5 million was the fee according to a proven Chelsea source on a different forum. I am more inclined to believe that guy than anything else I read until I see an official announcement.

Perhaps it could be 18.5m, rising to a possible 23m on appearances or something like that. But there wasn't any detail like that in what I read.

(As an aside, the same source made a comment about Torres. He said that Chelsea have secured first option on Torres for next season. However, that option only comes into effect next season - if Torres remains at AM for the coming season. Torres remains free to move to another club until the close of the transfer window, with a distinct chance that the Mancs could come in and beat Chelsea to him.)

bethie

karl said:
Is he really so thick? Surely he can't believe we think he's a top bloke who got shafted by our club.

why not? some of the gooners in here really does THINK that way. objective view, misunderstood, evil board of directors blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom