• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OoDy

Ashley Cole's move from Arsenal to Chelsea looks dead in the water, with the Gunners refusing to budge from their £25m valuation of the left-back. (Various)

Ratinho

Established Member
Rightfully so, as they have been quoted a higher price (rumoured) for a far inferior player in Abidal.

They've made their bed, they can't expect to weasil out of it now. They just handed over a total of £16m for Obi Mikel ffs.

osugunner

Conspiracy theory.. What if this whole situation was just a ploy to weaken Chelsea. By allowing this saga to roll on, we are in turn shortening the time for Chelsea to find a LB which could cause them to be stuck with Bridge whose confidence is below the ground after being sold out buy his own team. Would be brilliant if true but definately not the case :)

asajoseph

Established Member
Meh, who knows.

If this doesn't get resolved between Arsenal and Chelsea, I'd bet that Cole will take it to court.

Oh, and a word on Bruce Buck: ****.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we must make use of chelsea to give us more money since they have so much. its only right for arsenal to hold out.

asajoseph

Established Member
To be honest, i'm not surprised that Chlesea are unwilling to give one of their rivals so much cash, or one of their most important players.

This might not be settled any-time soon.

cesc18

Ratinho said:
Rightfully so, as they have been quoted a higher price (rumoured) for a far inferior player in Abidal.

They've made their bed, they can't expect to weasil out of it now. They just handed over a total of £16m for Obi Mikel ffs.
if lyon quoted 20m+ for eric abidal then you would nt blame the club for asking 50m for ashley cole let alone the 25m that is being bandied about :lol:
but supposing the club stick to their guns and so do chelski
what exactly becomes of ashley cole till the january transfer window
will he be selling his waste of wood outside stamford bridge :twisted:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Gurgen said:
Bruce Buck, what's in a name eh?

Heh, Bruce Buck, he likes to ****.

Football up the arse, that is.

I heard that interview. What an arrogant ****. Plus he had his "head of communications" i.e. PR man with him, whose job description is comprised, presumably, of the following: "we do what we like when we like and how we like".

He even had the nerve to say that over 10 YEARS Inter have spent more money than Chel$ki. Yeah right, ask that question when the Ruski has been at the helm 10 years then we might have a comparable figure. The comical Ali of the robber barons Republic of Chavland.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

asajoseph said:
To be honest, i'm not surprised that Chlesea are unwilling to give one of their rivals so much cash, or one of their most important players.

This might not be settled any-time soon.

very right. i am led to think that if ****ley is in another team(except chelsea's main rivals), they would use any amount to buy him. 35m is possible too. vieira was worth 25m 2 years ago. i am sure cole is definitely worth more than 25m. since chelsea is crazy and would make a loss or whatever to get the perfect squad, cole would be sold 25m to chelsea had he not been in arsenal.

has anyone noticed ashley cole has not said anything directly over this situation, all we have is second hand information that he doesn't want to play but he hasn't actually made a comment himself to the media or on ATVO that he wants to leave, unlike Henry when he was in the same situation.

non flying dutchman

I don't know whether this has been mentioned or not, but has anyone else noticed in the list of players away on international duty this week on arsenal.com it says every player who's away with their countries except cashley, when he is definately with the squad and likely to play tomorrow night......

seems as though we aren't even considering him as one of our squad players anymore...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

definitely. he shamed the club by saying crap in his book. if i am the club management or web committe of arsenal, i would certainly get him off my web.

Mckenna

I find it inordinately strange that Chelsea have placed themselves between a rock and a hard place by sell Del Horno and making Bridge feel unwanted without having a replacement lined up. They are now in a position where every club they approach know a) they need my player and b) they can pay whatever I ask. The point is that, we know they need Ashley more than we do. We simply have to sit here and say that's the price, or better yet, that's the price + Gallas and wait. They'll have to pay it or go into the season with only one good LB, who's demoralised anyway. Chelsea're about to learn the hard way that having all that money means people won't back down when they know Chelsea need what they have. And this will be the same for every club they approach, who will a) increase their price and b) stick to it because they know Chelsea will have to pay.

I see this being resolved days before the CL qualifier, because either they'll pay for him or Wenger will play him. Then that really will be the end of it.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Oh for the love of St Michael's belly button....is this still not resolved?? I just don't know much more of this saga I can take without trimming my bum hair out of complete boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom