• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpho

Established Member
personaly i dont want him to leave... imagine what a summer this could turn out to be... bobby, dennis, sol, cole and maybe reyes all gone... hard for any team/ fans to loose players like theese... and to sell cole to chelski, WHATEVER he has done to us fans, is as smart as shooting your own foot! Keep him for next year and ship him off to spain or italy!!
if we could get gallas then off course my opinion would change, but cant realy see that happen

asajoseph

Established Member
Actually db10_thrza I think it's quite sad that you can't recognise how much the board of the club, especially the likes of David Dein, who cares very much about the football team, have done.

Asterix

Established Member
What's the likelihood of Cole and Gallas both sitting out the final year of their contracts, then Cole moves to Chelsea on a free and Gallas moves, not to us, but to Spain.

That would suck.

The longer this goes on the less likely it seems he will go. If it's not sorted soon, I wonder if he'll play against Villa?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
asajoseph said:
Actually db10_thrza I think it's quite sad that you can't recognise how much the board of the club, especially the likes of David Dein, who cares very much about the football team, have done.

No I actually agree, I was just feeling quite strongly about the booking system at the time...

But my point still stands... would you boo him if he ends up playing for Arsenal? And moreover playing well? Would you need him to publicly humiliate himself by apologising to each member of the whole board before accepting him in an arsenal shirt? I'm sure apologies will be made, possibly by both parties but a lot of fans would clamour for a public apology whereas behind closed doors works fine for me.

I dunno, mebbe I'm just too nice. If he goes then **** him but if he stays i'll be indifferent.

asajoseph

Established Member
But my point still stands... would you boo him if he ends up playing for Arsenal? And moreover playing well?

Maybe, I don't know.

Frankly, I'm just bored of him.

Would you need him to publicly humiliate himself by apologising to each member of the whole board before accepting him in an arsenal shirt?

If he had the balls to apologise, I'd consider forgiving him, yes. But we all know that's not going to happen.

'm sure apologies will be made, possibly by both parties but a lot of fans would clamour for a public apology whereas behind closed doors works fine for me.

You mean hoping that something happens behind closed doors, so you can get on with pretending that none of it ever happened?

Well, like you said, whatever works for you...

As far as I'm concerned, he's disrespected the club and the fans publically. If he wants to be forgiven for that, he should apologise.

Reyes no.11

Cole will definately go to Chelsea!!!!! it will happen on the last day of the transfer market. So arsenal can't use to the cash to buy any new reruits. By the time its christmas when arsenal can, chelsea would have won the league again by then. Why chelsea in such a hurry to bid 25 mill? they got till 30th august remember. and they know arsenal will accept that bid once they make it. so they have the upper hand here to toy with arsenal and try bluff them for 16 mill.

As for Reyes, adebayor told him to piss off back to spain. thats just knocked a couple of mill of his price. why are some arsenal players so dumb

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
It would be quite funny if we rejected a 25mil bid on the last day of the transfer deadline just to get them back should that be the case, although it would bite us in the ass more than it would them in the long-term.

But yes, the sooner the better. I was on the "We should keep Cole" band-wagon a little while back, but have now swiftly changed my stance and wish Chelsea would just fork out the money which they obviously have and buy him.

I'll tell ya what though, you'd be feeling like **** if you were Wayne Bridge with Mourinho constantly looking for a replacement. Wouldn't be surprised if he too decides to leave should he not see any first team action.

jay-d

Established Member
Reyes no.11 said:
As for Reyes, adebayor told him to piss off back to spain. thats just knocked a couple of mill of his price. why are some arsenal players so dumb

And Reyes attempt at becoming a model with all his photos kept his value sky high? Please. Reyes and no one else is to blame for reducing his value.

asajoseph

Established Member
Reyes no.11 said:
Cole will definately go to Chelsea!!!!! it will happen on the last day of the transfer market. So arsenal can't use to the cash to buy any new reruits. By the time its christmas when arsenal can, chelsea would have won the league again by then. Why chelsea in such a hurry to bid 25 mill? they got till 30th august remember. and they know arsenal will accept that bid once they make it. so they have the upper hand here to toy with arsenal and try bluff them for 16 mill.

More pertinently, one might ask why some Arsenal fans are so dumb?

quattro

reyes' "value" has not been reduced. the "value" is what the seller and buyer will agree on and i doubt we are going to lower ours any time soon with that contract he just recently signed. if they want him bad enough they will come get him. all we need do is wait.

same with chelski. we do have the edge here. if they want him, come here and get him. as for us, we will buy someone with or without selling IF wenger has deemed a target viable. i dont think the question of incoming transfer is at all dependent on whether cole and reyes are sold. its a question of whether wenger wants to actually buy anybody.

cescypoos

Cesc The Great said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006370686,00.html

Lehmann, 36, said: “Chelsea are not a big club. In England, those are still Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal.

“Chelsea just TRY to be like them. Mr Abramovich spends a lot of money but there might come the time when that is over.”

I love Jens 8)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

asajoseph said:
I'm starting to feel that perhaps Chelsea are too reluctant to cash-up one of their rivals for this deal to work out - which might surprise our board, who expected perhaps that Chelsea would just cough up and this would be resolved quickly. Every day that goes by with nothing further happening makes me think more and more that Chelsea are genuinely not going to come close to our valuation, whilst the diminishing time in which to spend (if Wenger intends to do so) might encourage us to stick more closely to it.

I'd no longer be shocked if Cole stays at Arsenal, and Wenger and especially Dein have to eat a bit of humble-pie and welcome back a player we'd already resigned ourselves to selling.

That is, presumably, if he doesn't decide to take it to the courts, which also wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

Same goes for Reyes - I'm beginning to feel that Real cannot match our cash valuation, and won't offer us any players we're interested in - i'd not be surprised to see both players stay now.

I guess we are all going to live with each other warts and all :wink:
Wenger has always wanted to keep Cole so I don't see a problem within the team . Weirdly enough I feel optimistic about the situation. Almost like a higher power has ordained that this team should be together. Of course tommorow there'll be announcement that both the chumps will be sold! :eek:ops:

LeRon

I dunno if I'd boo him, come to think of it, which is a change of heart but I deffo wouldn't get excited if he actually stopped sulking and done someething good. I ould never, NEVER sing his praises! Afterall he's getting paid, it should be expected of him!!! The mercenary C**T!!!!

sabret00the

Established Member
the sun are saying that we've reached an agreement to shelve the book in the case of ashley not being sold, given that info, ashley's staying.

weelip

If this happens, I guess we are sorted then? hopefully he will give 100% like before.

I guess the best way for him to earn the loyalty of his fans back is to sign a new 5 years contract with Arsenal and shelve the book. I will definately forgive him then.

Reyes no.11

asajoseph said:
Reyes no.11 said:

More pertinently, one might ask why some Arsenal fans are so dumb?

dude, your the dumbass. why don't you think for once before you speak? how can reyes possibly stay at arsenal now if people in the squad are telling him to piss off? if reyes still has the backing of the squad, he would still play for arsenal. but now, even team members are telling him to piss off. So real madrid will bring that up and say now members of the team dont' even want him, so if you keep him, how can he still play with the team? cause arsenal are saying he still got 5 year contract. so we just gonna sit him in reserves? very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom