• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaunt

Was searching online for Ashley Cole's book reviews and this result was one that came up.

Ashley & Cheryl: Newlywed Idol

Ashley & wife are going to star in their own reality TV show? I'll quote the whole article. It's short.

Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Tweedy and her footballing husband Ashley Cole are to share their fabulous lives with the UK when a new fly-on-the-wall TV show is broadcast.

The couple were followed by cameras for months in the build up to the World Cup and their lavish wedding.

The six-part reality TV series promises to show a complete picture of the couple’s lives.

An insider told the Mirror: “The series is taking four months to film – and will show how romantic Ashley is. And fans will be able to see how down-to-earth the couple are. They’re just a couple of ordinary people leading amazing lives.

“They’ve accepted there will be embarrassing bits, but they’re happy to show what goes on in their day-to-day world as the new Posh and Becks.”

The series kicks off in November.

Gee. I wonder if we'll see Ashley hard at work writing his tome/work of fiction.

bobbydazzler

otfgoon said:
bobbydazzler said:
otfgoon said:
He is training with Arsenal.

see cole wasn't training with arsenal and it is not like he is injured. the lad won't play against villa, but he will still be at arsenal.

i've just become a full gooner. :D

The England defender has been training at London Colney

:)

Anyway, theres no way Cole could have been so fit for england without training for at least a week or two.

the sun makes out that cole hasn't been in training. these two articles are different stories, which is true :?: i'm so confused :?

gunnerturk

el jefe said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,278-2316401,00.html

This article says he won't play on Saturday.
What a nightmare, I hate to see kenyon getting his way that cheap.I can feel DD's anger as 17 million from those bastards are insult.If the article is true, those statements are not helping either but knowing Arsène is such a private person it makes me wonder where do they get their sources?

Wenger14

Established Member
Why hasn't this **** ****ed off already?

tbh something has to be done soon, either way. Our campaign kicks off in 3 days and we have 2 players ****ing around. Just get it done with ffs.

I'd kick Reyes up his arse and keep him for another year, and hope this **** is sold asap.

Realwood

gunnerturk said:
el jefe said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,278-2316401,00.html

This article says he won't play on Saturday.
What a nightmare, I hate to see kenyon getting his way that cheap.I can feel DD's anger as 17 million from those bastards are insult.If the article is true, those statements are not helping either but knowing Arsène is such a private person it makes me wonder where do they get their sources?

I don't believe it. Arsène isn't one to kill his own negotiating position. I think we should keep holding out.

If we want Davies, we should go get him now. We aren't that skint on money. West Brom will only want more if the Cole deal goes through. It doesn't seem like a sound strategy.

tgr

we dont need english players demanding a chelsea-like wage.

if we pay cole 100k just because he is not that committed to the club...

tgr

maybe we just have to sell before buy according to our budget limit set by the bond issuance.

asajoseph

Established Member
longrufus said:
asajoseph said:
Anyhow, Reyes no.11 missed a few rather obvious points (some of which EezyProgress has already been kind enough to clear up.

1 - What makes you think that Arsenal will sill be prepared to sell Cole on the last day of the transfer window? Why wold we land ourselves in so much trouble like that? For the sake of it? Arsène has effectively said as much, when he set Cole a deadline - of course I don't believe everything the guy says, or that that deadline matters much, but he obviously understands that £25million on the last day of the transfer window isn't much use other than to accrue interest.

Just as a by the way, for both Asa and Reyes no.11, the point your both talking about is pointless.

In the case that Chelsea did offer 25million on the last day of the transfer window, the transfer could go through and we would have enough time to bring in a replacement.

Why?
In certain circumstances, the transfer window can be extended for any particular club, such as if they lose a player at the last minute. Sevilla for example, got a transfer window extension when Real stuped up the £16m buy out clause in Ramos' contract.

Im getting frustrated as to how this is panning out, both the Reyes deal and the Cole deal are taking to long to reach an outcome. If we eventually lose either player, we are only making it harder for ourselves.

Are you sure that's possible? Or even likely?

The only times I can think of the transfer window being suspended in this country are for when clubs have run out of goalkeepers. indeed, if the same regulations are applicable in the UK as they are in Spain, would we still get away with an extension? I mean, Ramos left Sevilla because he had a buy-out clause - Sevilla had no choice. if Cole leaves Arsenal on the last day of the season, it would be down to our hard-bargaining, and I hardly think the FA would be so sympathetic.

Anyhow, could you clarify the exact laws on this situation? I don't really understand them...

Cheers

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh, and thanks for clearing that mess about the contract offers up. It's amazing how many people have no clue about what actually went on, but are willing to apportion blame freely.

Frankly, I think people should be banned from commenting on Ashley Cole any further until they've read the transcript from his hearing. ;)

Thai Gunner

tgr said:
maybe we just have to sell before buy according to our budget limit set by the bond issuance.

That's not true. I have the risk assessment report of the compny that issued the bonds with me. It's only an assumption used in the the 3 worst case scenarios to show that the club will still be capable of paying off the debt even though they are in any of those scenarios. The report was posted on AWIMB. A few others and I have it. If anyone want it, I can email it to you. Just post your email address on here.

Thai Gunner

asajoseph said:
Oh, and thanks for clearing that mess about the contract offers up. It's amazing how many people have no clue about what actually went on, but are willing to apportion blame freely.

Frankly, I think people should be banned from commenting on Ashley Cole any further until they've read the transcript from his hearing. ;)

Why are you guys so quick on banning people or locking threads on here? What are you people? Descendents of Suddam or something? :roll:

GuNNerZ4LiFe

We got to the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final without that little rat and we can do it again. Screw that little muppet money hungry *****. Someone tell this dude that everything that glitters in life aint gold. Its obvious he wants to leave for all the glamour and popularity. Otherwise why would he stab us in the back and have meetings with those blue snobs?

If he goes he might win trophies but the way those bastards play im sure he will be bored staying back and not going up like he did so much throughtout the years. Now screw off you ugly #$#@$@$

flaunt

Last year was a preparation of what life would be like without Cole. Would we miss him? well - he's still a world class leftback and any team would be diminished without him.

But at least here at Arsenal, we would feel the loss of him the least I believe. Not that we have someone ready made to replace him, but because our youth talent plus how our coaches groom our players will allow us to create another world class leftback sooner rather than later.

How good is Ashley Cole? Think about it this way. If Ashley went to Chelsea, he'd improve them but he's replacing the already good Gallas. However if he went to Manchester United or Liverpool - they'd suddenly be very very very very strong contenders to Chelsea, because they don't have the same kind of quality in the leftback position - and he'll give them that.

qs

Established Member
flaunt said:
How good is Ashley Cole? Think about it this way. If Ashley went to Chelsea, he'd improve them but he's replacing the already good Gallas. However if he went to Manchester United or Liverpool - they'd suddenly be very very very very strong contenders to Chelsea, because they don't have the same kind of quality in the leftback position - and he'll give them that.

He'd only improve Chelsea because Gallas doesnt want to play left back and he would be no improvement over Heinze, theyre at the same level, he would be better than Riise but he wouldnt make enough difference to Pool to make them league champions.

We did better in the latter half of last season when Cole was out. Last thing we need is an ego-maniac like him ruining the spirit of a young team with a group of more experienced but fully comitted leaders(Jens, THeirry, Kolo, Gilberto).

Last season morale was a big problem, the players have admitted that. We need to keep that up. Sell Cole and Reyes and then the new signings will boost morale and belief further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom