• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC8

Established Member
qs said:
Can we get Bridge and Gallas for Cole?

That'd sort us right out.

Actually I feel Bridge is overrated. He hasn't impressed me much from what I've seen. Do you know if he performed well while he was on loan?

AFCFan4Ever

Bridge???

LOL are you serious? He's been nothing short of horrific this season so far for Chelsea.

Why do you think they want Cole?

No thanks, give me Gallas + 12 mil. and be done with it all.

jester

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Bridge???

LOL are you serious? He's been nothing short of horrific this season so far for Chelsea.

makes me wonder if people watch football. sigh.
mourinho himself has been saying how well he's been playing. 2 games, 2 good performances. (plus an assist tonight).

phenn

Having watched the games, I don't see how Bridge is utterly ****. I must be missing something.

Offensively he certainly doesn't seem bad. I suppose defensively he's probably suspect because I can't think of him doing much. that must be it.

But yes, Gallas and 10-12 million for Cole would do very nicely. In different circumstances I think something close to a straight swap would be appropriate, Cole is certainly not 10 million pounds better than William Gallas right now, it's just down to age and contract length.

koivu

jester said:
mourinho himself has been saying how well he's been playing. 2 games, 2 good performances. (plus an assist tonight).

Bingo.

kym7224

karl said:
kym7224 said:
karl said:
If Cashley doesn't bring in the right deal for us, I think Arsène should loan him out to West Brom to sweaten them on the Davies front. He'd only cause bad feeling at Arsenal. Also Gallas to Milan and Kaladze to us would do nicely.

Do you really think Cashley agrees loan move to WBA? not in a million years...IMO.

I don't care. If he can't attract a reasonable offer he will have to be of some use to us!

Sigh.. If you want to loan out someone we need players to agree to go to that team. Understand? We can't loan Cashley if he doesn't want to go.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I just don't understand why people think Terry is so good.

Wait and see JT when he is stuck with an equally poor defender like Carvalleo in the centre of defence for a prolonged period of time.......you'll see.

Gallas is by far Chelsea's best defender.

Closely followed by Makelele.

Gooner83

_scorpion_ said:

Terry is a good sweeper and an excellent captain but i agree Gallas is their best defender as he posesses far more atheltic ability and technique than Terry will ever have.

AFCFan4Ever

jester said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
Bridge???

:lol: So by me saying Bride is rubbish (which is the truth) that means I don't watch football...ooookkkkk whatever you say.

:roll: And who gives a **** what Moaninho says...is he suddenly the beacon of truth?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if Bridge was good enough than they wouldn't be after Cole.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Don't get me started on how shlt Bridge is.

Quite frankly, if Clichy played like Bridge, you would all want Arsène's head on a plate...

The fact he is English IS the only reason people rate him.

Take a look at Chelsea's defensive stats and you'll see that Gallas is by far the best defender at that club.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
AFCFan4Ever said:
jester said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
Bridge???

:lol: So by me saying Bride is rubbish (which is the truth) that means I don't watch football...ooookkkkk whatever you say.

:roll: And who gives a f**k what Moaninho says...is he suddenly the beacon of truth?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if Bridge was good enough than they wouldn't be after Cole.
Sums it up nicely. :D

Gurgen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:

Wait and see JT when he is stuck with an equally poor defender like Carvalleo in the centre of defence for a prolonged period of time.......you'll see.

Gallas is by far Chelsea's best defender.

Closely followed by Makelele.

Yer I agree.

Terry is good because Chelsea's system allows him to do what he's good at - dominate in the air. Take his cronies away from him and put him one on one with quick and skillfull players things will go wrong quickly.

asajoseph

Established Member
Bridge used to be good. Tore us a new arse-hole in the Champions League not so long ago.

These days he seems to have lost it somewhat - but then spending such a long-time out with injuries can do that to a player.

Lukazan

Established Member
John Terry is working in an incredibly well drilled back line, and has the best DMF in the world working infront of him.

He scores goals, is really good in the air and is composed on the ball and for this he is somehow rated as the best CB in the world. He is not, far from it.

His game was littered with mistakes at the WC, and he made 2-3 in Chelsea's first game. Honestly, put him in Charlton's backline for a week and you'd see exactly what I mean. He has no pace, doesn't particularly read the game well tbh, and often just dives in wrecklessly. If he gets the ball it's 'Ohhh Terry, so commited', if he dives in two footed and takes the player and the ball it's "John Terry, what a tackle, what commitment'.

It's utter bullshit.

His defensive game was summed up the night he jumped out infront of Ronaldinho and spread his arms trying to stop one of the best players in the world getting by him.

Result? Ronaldinho knocked the **** flat and slammed one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom