• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pg1989

LuKaZaN said:
John Terry is working in an incredibly well drilled back line, and has the best DMF in the world working infront of him.

He scores goals, is really good in the air and is composed on the ball and for this he is somehow rated as the best CB in the world. He is not, far from it.

His game was littered with mistakes at the WC, and he made 2-3 in Chelsea's first game. Honestly, put him in Charlton's backline for a week and you'd see exactly what I mean. He has no pace, doesn't particularly read the game well tbh, and often just dives in wrecklessly. If he gets the ball it's 'Ohhh Terry, so commited', if he dives in two footed and takes the player and the ball it's "John Terry, what a tackle, what commitment'.

It's utter bullshit.

His defensive game was summed up the night he jumped out infront of Ronaldinho and spread his arms trying to stop one of the best players in the world getting by him.

Result? Ronaldinho knocked the c**t flat and slammed one in.

Lol, totally agree.

gunner_down_under

and I also remember a time when he just sat back and watched Ronaldinho fly past him and slam one in.

Henry does it pretty much everytime we play them! he's over-rated.....good defender - yes, best - no way!

maxxx

_scorpion_ said:
I just don't understand why people think Terry is so good.

I often ask the same question. He makes alot of mistakes yet the blame is always on someone else.

f4evo

what if Cashley gives a press conference, where he apologizes for everything he has done, praises Wenger and the club, accepts his old wage and apologizes to the fans and begs us for forgiveness?

MancunianGunner

Artillero said:
Am I the only one that would be all for a straight Gallas - Cole swap this late in the Window?
even though gallas is better than cole it would still be humiliating with just a straight swap. cole is valued at around £20m because he is english, the best english left-back, is at a perfect age to perform his best and most consistant football for years to come. he's actually worth £25 but he has only 2 years left on his contract. his value has dropped to about £15m now to anyone but chelski. cuz everyone knows he wants to leave, but he is still too expensive, not many would pay even £10m for the best left back in the world, the fullback position is considered the least important compared to all the other positions. gallas on the other hand has one year left, is couple of years older than cole, is not english, picky with position (wants to play CB rather than LB), and chelsea have sold duff for £6m (i think) and any team would rather buy him than gallas. so £5m is more than fair for gallas.

Feanor

Established Member
maxxx said:
_scorpion_ said:
I just don't understand why people think Terry is so good.

I often ask the same question. He makes alot of mistakes yet the blame is always on someone else.

He also never has a call go against him. He's the only defender who's allowed to handle the ball with impunity in the EPL.

bazza_afc

This Terry bashing is pathetic. He's fantastic centre back, one of the best and I bet you lot wouldn't be complaining if he was playing for us.

sabret00the

Established Member
bazza_afc said:
This Terry bashing is pathetic. He's fantastic centre back, one of the best and I bet you lot wouldn't be complaining if he was playing for us.
I would, he's a joke of a centre back, i've been saying this for seasons. As someone said, put him in a system not built with an onus on defence and he'll be left wanting.

bazza_afc

He's not the best, but to call him a joke beggars belief. He's big, strong, fantastic leader & captain, is composed on the ball, brave, powerful in the air, reads the game well. I used to think I was too biased!

Gurgen

Established Member
bazza_afc said:
He's not the best, but to call him a joke beggars belief. He's big, strong, fantastic leader & captain, is composed on the ball, brave, powerful in the air, reads the game well. I used to think I was too biased!

Didn't you watch the World Cup son?

bazza_afc

Gurgen said:
bazza_afc said:

Didn't you watch the World Cup son?

Yeah I did, so on the basis of the WC I take it you wouldn't want Ronaldinho?

Fredrock

LuKaZaN said:
John Terry is working in an incredibly well drilled back line, and has the best DMF in the world working infront of him.

He scores goals, is really good in the air and is composed on the ball and for this he is somehow rated as the best CB in the world. He is not, far from it.

His game was littered with mistakes at the WC, and he made 2-3 in Chelsea's first game. Honestly, put him in Charlton's backline for a week and you'd see exactly what I mean. He has no pace, doesn't particularly read the game well tbh, and often just dives in wrecklessly. If he gets the ball it's 'Ohhh Terry, so commited', if he dives in two footed and takes the player and the ball it's "John Terry, what a tackle, what commitment'.

It's utter bullshit.

His defensive game was summed up the night he jumped out infront of Ronaldinho and spread his arms trying to stop one of the best players in the world getting by him.

Result? Ronaldinho knocked the c**t flat and slammed one in.

qft

stuart

Established Member
bazza_afc said:

i agree with you mate,if terry was an arsenal player we would think he was the best thing since sliced bread,i would still rather have toure who is super underrated but toure is a quality cb no doubt about it,sure he may not be as good if he didnt have makalele protecting him but we have seen enough of him to prove he is a top defender,his positioning is something special and he has a good goalscoring record,....................................... dont get me wrong,kolo is the best defender in the premiership!

dublingunner

Established Member
The only thing I can say on this matter is thank feck it's now the 25th of August and in a week this shiite will all be over. Never have I seen so much said and written about so little, both managers still peddling the same "I'm cool, I'm cool, yes I want a quick resolution but I'm cool" crap they have been since the WC ended. Yawn.

Feis-al

bazza_afc said:

Great Captain yeah,Even Keown would have been a brilliant Captain but lets face it' Terry is a good defender but one of the best in the world, That is a bit far if you've watched Canavaro, Nesta, Thuram and others. Before Chelsea brought in Makelele, JT had scored more own goals than I can remember a defender scoring himself. But still, he is a dependeable defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom