• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MancunianGunner

may I be one of the first to welcome cole back, i have missed the bugger, we'll leave whats happened in the past, in the past. no matter how much i am ****ing annoyed by that cheeky little ****er, there is no doubt what so ever that he will play 10 times better than that crap we've played so far, meaning Hoyte. let the ****er leave on a free when his contract is finished as long as he works his ass off when he is playing for us.

arsefanfan

Second that. As long as the objective is to win games, there isn't a better alternative in the team yet. Financial losses from his free departure would look like nothing in the face of mid-table finish.

Zico

Established Member
Couldn't play Cole for a variety of reasons this season - mainly cup-tying, risk of injury, but also there might be questions about his mental readiness to play.

If he's determined to play this season, then that can only be good for the team, unless he's spreading bile in the locker room Vieira-style. Only problem is we're going to lose him for very little or no money, probably to Abramobitch.

nazo

Established Member
If he is prepared to stay we have to make him sign a contract extension. I don't want us to keep him in the squad then sell him next season for a cut price.

sabret00the

Established Member
i think ultimately with Cole if he does stay an extra year, it's upto us to use that time to convince him to stay on a full time basis, if we fail there he should go on the first hour of the window opening in the summer but either way he must be treated as a Gunner and the fans must support him.

BigBoss

He could at least apologies....But the team does need him...And he would be stupid to go to Chelski after they left him (to feed the sharks)

sabret00the

Established Member
BigBoss said:
He could at least apologies....But the team does need him...And he would be stupid to go to Chelski after they left him (to feed the sharks)
Wronger than a girl with a Willie hooking on the high road

polar87

100 posts and this issue is still not solved

i really wanted cashley to go, but now, im kind of having double thoughts, i actually wouldnt mind if he stayed, as long as he offers a public apology. Ithink the next 4 days are going to be my longest ever four days :-(

carw2005

I want him to stay! We bloody need him in our team and we also need him not to be a chelski player!

He IS the best LB out there and our defence is struggling already!

He'll definately get booed, but once he starts performing like we know he can the booing will stop.

I for one think booing your own team is stupid and is only going to have a bad result for Arsenal - ehich we dont want!

dublingunner

Established Member
nidza7 said:

this saga is ridiculous.

:lol: How true.

either way he must be treated as a Gunner and the fans must support him.

Me bollix. He hasn't been loyal to or supported the club, so why should the fans support him? The only way I'd begin to think of him as a true Gunner again is if he made a public apology. But that ain't gonna happen.

sabret00the

Established Member
dublingunner said:
Me bollix. He hasn't been loyal to or supported the club, so why should the fans support him? The only way I'd begin to think of him as a true Gunner again is if he made a public apology. But that ain't gonna happen.
Bar the initial **** up, he's actually done very little wrong. don't get me wrong, i do feel persuing the case through the courts and what not was wrong but to what means? he more wanted justification of his actions rather than anything else, it was like a means to an ends.

he reitterated over and over again towards the back end of the season stating unequivocally that he wanted to stay and while the club were shopping him around in the summer he maintained silence showing the club ultimate respect.

while actually playing for us, he continually gave 100% and showed nothing but professionalism even enduring crowds booing him and just all round verbally abusing him.

The fans in regards to this situation make me laugh. we get reports saying that arsenal aren't happy with his book and we go mad, months later exerts from the book surface and we go mad once again like we didn't already know. In all of this Ashley's book has been one of the more respectful of the books i've read excerts from thus far. he limited himself to talking about his feeling and refraining from commenting on the situation but it seems that's too much in the eyes of the fans.

I understand that the fans have felt betrayed and some may even say they initially went too far, while some who admit that carry on going too far for the sake of consistancy. ashley cole is a man who went too far at the time and with all he put in motion it just made the situation snow ball, since then he's been humble just wanting to do what's right by the club as far as actual quotes go, even asking to play for the club knowing he could well be sold the following day because he wanted to play FOR THE CLUB.

I feel we need him to play for the CLUB, i don't like Henry as a person but i support him from the first to final whistle because that's the nature of being a Gooner. As far as i'm concerned anyway, being a Gooner mean supporting the club above and beyond any one person, no matter who he shall be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom