• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierryunreal

sabret00the said:
drthorne1 said:
"You Dont like Henry as a person" Any reason for that ?
the way he is on the pitch, i just can't stand his attitude when i watch him, even in post match interviews, the way he's such a control freak and how his idealology of football is the law at Arsenal.

More so which makes me dislike him is the way the fans and staff are in regards to him, giving him his own way, constantly hailing him the best in the world despite never in the past 10 years being considered so by his peers. the fact our system is built around him and he's such a selfish player, it just disgusts me.

And before anyone mentions his assist record to counter my selfish thing, please...don't. i watched an episode of Charmed once where everyone had to do something selfless and the first person that failed in the situation was the girl that jumped into the bit to save everyone else, because ultimately it was about how she was seen to make the sacrifice as opposed to the action of the sacrifice itself. It's like Henry, couldn't even get a f****g clear shot on goal yesterday and when he was in front of goal never wanted to shoot and yet he took THREE f****g free-kicks all of which went pair shaped, why not think to yourself, Robin's having a better match than me, he's good at these, i'll let him take the shot.

I would prefer him to be a Bergkamp type player, he worked to bring out the best in his peers where as Henry works for the memories and accolades, like we scored the best goal or i remember when i scored a goal after 90 passes, even i made this perfect pass when i could've scored and my buddy scored. how about just playing football and not making the assist you want or that brings the most praise but one your partner will want no matter how ugly the goal is?

Honestly i have enough Henry issues to fill a notepad, but i'll always cheer his Arsenal goals and wish him the best in an Arsenal shirt.

Don't you dare slag henry's attitude. he is passionate. and what do you mean everything at arsenal suits him? if that was the case we would have signed ronaldinho or someone like that "just to pass to him." he was bought and incorporated into the team. he worked hard to make himself what he is today. stop trying to make it look like he's happy with everything. example 4-5-1 last season. yes i'd rather he passed for glory than passed because he wants to. come to think of it, everytime ronaldinho or cesc or gerrard lays off a perfect ball for another player there is always a sense of accomplishment and they want to keep doing it...why?....because they love it and are appreciated for it. everything is absolute bollocks. zizou created assists not because he loved the players but because he was appreciated for it and felt fulfilled from helping his team to win. so does thierry.
:evil:

R.O.T

So Ashley’s back..................Although Henry played very well for us in the final, who’s with me when I say he would have scored those numerous chances he had in the final if he either didn’t try too hard or had come out before the match and stated he was staying. Why wait till just after the match as if the result had something to do with your decision.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
its who henry is. he is so self-awre and cares a little too much about people's perception of him. the whole selflessness thing is not about him necessarily being that, but more about the praise he knows he'll get for it. however, i dont see whats wrong with that because arsenal benefit. he was born that way and you cannot hold a grudge against that. if you really cared about arsenal that wont be difficult considering how much he has done for the club.

A very accurate description of Henry's character.

And like you, I don't really see the problem. So what is Henry is very self-aware? People are different and we'll just have to accept that. Like every human being he has his imperfections. His arrogance is a plus, if anything. He wouldn't be half as good without that attitude.

However, unlike Ashley Cole, he understands the concepts of graditude and respect. Unlike Ashley Cole, he doesn't think he's curing cancer and is the new David Beckham. That's the attitude I personally can't stand sabre.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
patrick42uk said:
its who henry is. he is so self-awre and cares a little too much about people's perception of him. the whole selflessness thing is not about him necessarily being that, but more about the praise he knows he'll get for it. however, i dont see whats wrong with that because arsenal benefit. he was born that way and you cannot hold a grudge against that. if you really cared about arsenal that wont be difficult considering how much he has done for the club.

A very accurate description of Henry's character.

And like you, I don't really see the problem. So what is Henry is very self-aware? People are different and we'll just have to accept that. Like every human being he has his imperfections. His arrogance is a plus, if anything. He wouldn't be half as good without that attitude.

However, unlike Ashley Cole, he understands the concepts of graditude and respect. Unlike Ashley Cole, he doesn't think he's curing cancer and is the new David Beckham. That's the attitude I personally can't stand sabre.
The thing is, if you trace back the conversation, it stems to someone asking me why i feel it should be so easy and acceptable to support ashley on the pitch and i said i do it with Henry, next thing i know fan-boys and girls are crying despite Henry saying that himself that his whole game is moulded around getting the accolades of other people (namely his father) from his assists to his goals. that's a FACT. personally you have your opinion of Ashley and you're entitled to it, just like all these fanboys and girls have to realise my opinion is my opinion.

Even when people talk about gratitude and respect, where was the gratitude and respect when he allegedly spent a season trying to convince his wife to move to spain, even going as far as buying the house and even allegedly having meetings with the barca staff...nevermind i can't prove it.

Henry is Henry and i accept that, it doesn't mean i have to like it, just that as a Gooner, while he's wearing our shirt i must stand up and applaud his actions that keep the club moving forward.

choi12911

Sabre, I don't think you got your facts straight. He didn't spend a season trying to convince his wife to move to Spain. I believe he was unsure as to he should stay or not because of our struggles in the premiership league. And in the end, he did sign for us even though we lost to Barca in the Champions League.

And where did you hear that Henry had meetings with Barca? Thierry reiterated and reiterated that he thought about leaving, but never held any meetings with Barca officials behind the door. Frankly, I find that much more believable. Arsène was always going to let Thierry go to the club of his choice if Henry was leaving. Thierry doesn't care about his wages. So why the need to meet illegally when he can simply make the transfer happen by telling Arsène that he wants to go to Barca?

Anyways, I find Thierry very admirable. He could've easily left for Barca, score **** load of goals and win the awards he hasn't won before. He could've easily decided to thrash Real, Valencia and other top dogs in the CL week-in and week-out. If he was at Barca now, he would be fancying his chance of hattrick against Chelski boys with Ronaldinho and Messi. For the sake of personal glory, He would've been better off at Barca. This young team will win less trophies than Barca will in the next 3~4 years. But Thierry didn't leave our club because of his love for the club. And I find that very respectable and admirable.

americanarf

Established Member
RC8 said:
I could leave this behind actually, I think he is an idiot, but having him helping our team is better than having him with the chavs. He does help the team a lot. However, I expect an apology from him.

Just an apology so he can stay to run his contract out n then go chelsea on a free? nah man. Make him extend his contract then he can stay. Hopefully during his stay he can put aside him differences with the club and then change his mind about leaving.

MUTERI

When you read what is written in this topic about Henry you can't believe that this site is for Arsenal fans.

It's unbelievable really to read such things about a great player like Thierry and it makes me doubting loyalty of some members here.

Henry said he loves the club and the fans and some people don't deserve that love and don't deserve having a player like Henry playing in their team.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Henry signed probably his last contract in his career for Arsenal, FFS.

You want big game player? Even a player as BIG as Ronaldinho failed to produce a sh*t in CL Final and the WHOLE world cup tournament. Muppet.

RC8

Established Member
americanarf said:
RC8 said:
I could leave this behind actually, I think he is an idiot, but having him helping our team is better than having him with the chavs. He does help the team a lot. However, I expect an apology from him.

Just an apology so he can stay to run his contract out n then go chelsea on a free? nah man. Make him extend his contract then he can stay. Hopefully during his stay he can put aside him differences with the club and then change his mind about leaving.

Maybe a one year extension, but I don't want him here for long. What I mean is that we could do with his services for one more year while we line up a definitive replacement. I do agree, however, that allow him to leave on a free is not the best we can hope for.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
sabret00the said:
drthorne1 said:
"You Dont like Henry as a person" Any reason for that ?
the way he is on the pitch, i just can't stand his attitude when i watch him, even in post match interviews, the way he's such a control freak and how his idealology of football is the law at Arsenal.

More so which makes me dislike him is the way the fans and staff are in regards to him, giving him his own way, constantly hailing him the best in the world despite never in the past 10 years being considered so by his peers. the fact our system is built around him and he's such a selfish player, it just disgusts me.

And before anyone mentions his assist record to counter my selfish thing, please...don't. i watched an episode of Charmed once where everyone had to do something selfless and the first person that failed in the situation was the girl that jumped into the bit to save everyone else, because ultimately it was about how she was seen to make the sacrifice as opposed to the action of the sacrifice itself. It's like Henry, couldn't even get a f****g clear shot on goal yesterday and when he was in front of goal never wanted to shoot and yet he took THREE f****g free-kicks all of which went pair shaped, why not think to yourself, Robin's having a better match than me, he's good at these, i'll let him take the shot.

I would prefer him to be a Bergkamp type player, he worked to bring out the best in his peers where as Henry works for the memories and accolades, like we scored the best goal or i remember when i scored a goal after 90 passes, even i made this perfect pass when i could've scored and my buddy scored. how about just playing football and not making the assist you want or that brings the most praise but one your partner will want no matter how ugly the goal is?

Honestly i have enough Henry issues to fill a notepad, but i'll always cheer his Arsenal goals and wish him the best in an Arsenal shirt.

Sabre i question your sanity sometimes. How the hell did you manage to get an episode of Charmed into a football.

:lol: :lol:

For me Henrys a great guy and a very unselfish footballer. I dont think at all that he is a selfish footballer. He always looks to pass to players in better positions and he always credits the person who makes the goal for him instead of celebrating by himself which most footballers do.

As for the free kicks. They where all left sided. Its a freekick for a right footed player however if we got a freekick on the right side Van Persie would have 100% taken it.

So what if the fans think hes the best player in the world? Is that really his fault? I think he is the best footballer in the world he has been for a good 4 years now. Its not really a reason to dislike him.

I find it hard to believe how an Arsenal fan can dislike someone who has given soo much to the club and to top it off he stayed, instead of going to Barcelona and being guaranteed glory their he stayed at the club rejecting to play in one of the biggest clubs there is. Now how can Henry be selfish.

Gooner83

Was the last freekick Henry scored last season against Wigan?

Whoah he doesn't seem to be able to keep them down now :(

MUTERI

Gooner83 said:

So what? What's the point? What's the wrong with failing to score from 2 or 3 freekicks he had this season ? have you ever seen a player scores from every free-kick?

RC8

Established Member
MUTERI said:
Gooner83 said:

So what? What's the point? What's the wrong with failing to score from 2 or 3 freekicks he had this season ? have you ever seen a player scores from every free-kick?

Actually he scored against Sunderland away, when Diaby got injured, which was at the end of the season.

qs

Established Member
jester said:
qs said:
Cole better be in the team for the Boro match. Simple as that.

he'll be playing in blue by then.

I seriously doubt it at this stage. We wont sell him a the last minute.

Anyway he's away with England tomorrow. Im pretty sure now that no one will go in our out before friday. If its gonna be anyone it'll be Reyes but I cant see that happening either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom