• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsefanfan

Me thinks no way he's gonna extend his contract now (not worried about him on the pitch though unlike Reyes if he stays), however, in four months will Chelsea still be available for him? If not, can Dein and Arsène do a magic and persuade him to sign?

nazo

Established Member
I'm pretty sure he's staying. Even if he goes at the last minute, Gallas would have to be in the deal. Either way, we're good.

visitor99

Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge both have the same agent: Jonathon Barnett.

It would be perfectly okay for Chelsea to meet with Barnett to talk about Bridge. It would be illegal for Chelsea to meet with Barnett to talk about Cole.

I understand that Bridge's position is this: He is happy at Chelsea. But if Ashley Cole signs for Chelsea then he [Bridge] wants to transfer to Newcastle.

What happens if Wayne Bridge's agent attempts to properly represent his client [Bridge] in contractual discussions with Chelsea? That is what agents do. Given that Bridge's only contractual concern is the possible signing of Ashley Cole any discussion would immediately turn to Ashley Cole's situation. It would be the first thing any agent of Wayne Bridge's would talk about in that situation. Would Barnett asking that same question amount to an illegal approach for Cole?

kavent

i just cant understand how cole's staying can do any good to us.. i mean business wise.. isn't he able to transfer to other club for free in the winter market??

anybody?? :?: :?:

visitor99

He can't transfer for free in January.

But, if I understand the new FIFA rule correctly, next summer he'll be able to buy out the last year of his contract. In practice any club he moved to would reimburse him that cost. So in effect the value of the last year of his contract becomes a de-facto transfer fee which Arsenal can't veto.

I don't know what one year of his contract is worth, but I'd guess somewhere in the range of 3m to 5m.

Shahram

visitor99 said:
Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge both have the same agent: Jonathon Barnett.

It would be perfectly okay for Chelsea to meet with Barnett to talk about Bridge. It would be illegal for Chelsea to meet with Barnett to talk about Cole.

I understand that Bridge's position is this: He is happy at Chelsea. But if Ashley Cole signs for Chelsea then he [Bridge] wants to transfer to Newcastle.

What happens if Wayne Bridge's agent attempts to properly represent his client [Bridge] in contractual discussions with Chelsea? That is what agents do. Given that Bridge's only contractual concern is the possible signing of Ashley Cole any discussion would immediately turn to Ashley Cole's situation. It would be the first thing any agent of Wayne Bridge's would talk about in that situation. Would Barnett asking that same question amount to an illegal approach for Cole?

COI

AGooner

phenn said:
I will never cease to be mystified by the amount of money Chelski dropped on SWP.

To those saying no defender is worth 20 million pounds or whatever... Just yeah. In Chelski pounds he's worth that much without even thinking twice. He would solidify that defense even more than it already is.

Keep him, if he still wants to go sell him to Real or something in January. God knows a lot of teams would want him.

I expect Cole to be in the reserves for another 2 games and then in the first team. Chavski would never give us £20m for three reasons:

1) we are their nearest rivals (geographical and league form)
2) £20mn in Arsène Wengers hands is like £50 in anyone elses
3) IMHO their business plan is to be and then overtake Arsenal, not to do anything that may help Arsenal.

Also IMHO, Cole would be a mug to go there as it would be obvious to everyone he went for the money, and nothing else. He would be hated at Arsenal and portrayed by the press as a controversial figure. Hence, the his reality show "Meet the C*ntly's" would be viewed in a dim light and their plan to cash the cheques from being the next Posh and Becks would never materialise.

P.S. Nice article but probably best not to discuss
http://www.sigames.com/the_bootroom.php ... le_id=1091

niller

visitor99 said:

But, if I understand the new FIFA rule correctly, next summer he'll be able to buy out the last year of his contract. In practice any club he moved to would reimburse him that cost. So in effect the value of the last year of his contract becomes a de-facto transfer fee which Arsenal can't veto.

I don't know what one year of his contract is worth, but I'd guess somewhere in the range of 3m to 5m.

I don't think he can do that. The rule is only for players older than 28 years.

Fredrock

niller said:
visitor99 said:

I don't think he can do that. The rule is only for players older than 28 years.

So that's why AW only buys twelve-year-olds :wink:

Legend#1

Established Member
Did you just hear the Boro cheif executive?

He's just implied that Kenyon hasn't been able to sign the agreement for Huth just yet, because he's off on other business, and implied it's about Cole.

Ferret

Legend#1 said:

He's just implied that Kenyon hasn't been able to sign the agreement for Huth just yet, because he's off on other business, and implied it's about Cole.

Was just about to post this.

stuart

Established Member
firstly nobody is worth 1million pounds! in the crazy football world id say cole should cost at least 18 million,to chelsea probably about 25 million would do well

tam1886

Established Member
Everyone knows noone is worth 1 mil but we're guessing the amount of benefit someone could derive from Cole to be around 15mil or whatever. Thats is what he would bring and add to the team through helping them win trophies, prize money etc but for Chelsea and their flash ways they can only have themselves to blame if someone who buys Didier Drogba for 24mil is quoted 25mil for Cole

tam1886

Established Member
I dont know about you guys but i would be chuffed to bits if wee got an apology and he signed a new contract. He's a top class player who i dont want to leave and hes already said he doesnt have a problem with the fans, manager or team. If he came out and apologised and pleged his future to the club, and never apologised to make it easier until he moves next season i think it would be a massive boost

Grampus_Eight

CASHLEY COLE - Lawyers, Oil-Money (set to Warren Zevon's classic "Lawyers, Guns and Money"). If you have a moment download the song and listen along. I think this should become the unofficial anthem at the Grove whether the ponce stays or goes.

Cole went home with a DJ
The way he always do
How were we to know
He was Chelski f*cking Blue

He was gambling with John Terry
Ash took a little risk
Send lawyers, oil-money
Barnett, get me out of this

Just the innocent bystander
Somehow Ash got stuck
With a mobile in his arseh*le
And he's just a chav f**k

Now he's hiding on his honeymoon
He's a desperate man
Send lawyers, Roman's money
Barnett get me out of this.

Cole's going after Dein
He's a desperate man
The s**t has hit the fan

He's the innocent bystander
Somehow he got stuck
Between the 65K
and a hard place
And he's down on his luck
Yes he's down on his luck
Well he's down on his luck

Ash was gambling with Frank Lampard
He took a little risk
Next thing Fat Frank knew
DJ Masterstepz had shown up to screw.

He's the innocent bystander
Somehow he got stuck
Between the 65K
and a hard place
And he's down on his luck
Yes he's down on his luck
Well he's down on his luck

Now he's hiding in Andorra
He's a midget of a man
For 200k a week there's nothing he won't do
Lest you foget, he's Arsenal through and through

Just the innocent bystander
Somehow Ash got stuck
With a mobile in his arseh*le

yeah!
All right
Send lawyers, oil-money
Huh!
Uh...
Send lawyers, guns and money
Uhh!
Hyah!
Send lawyers, oil-money
Ooh!
Yeah!
Yeah
Yeah...
Uh!

visitor99

Legend#1 said:

The reason Huth hasn't signed for Boro yet is because he is going to Newcastle instead.

It doesn't have anything to do with Cole's situation one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom