• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choi12911

I thought the move stalled because Gallas wanted the same wage as he would've got if he extended the contract with Chelsea which was £80,000/week.

That's not bad, considering he's one of the best CB in the world and Sol got something similar when he was with us...

KingReyes

Established Member
No way Gallas is on more money than Judas.

Wenger had already warned Gallas they couldn't afford the wages he wanted, unless now Arsenal have given in to his demands to get him and ensure Cole leaves.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I have to say I am saddened by this. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted he is gone. But really saddened at how he turned out. He was supposedly a lifelong Arsenal fan, been at the club his whole life, "grew up on the North Bank" and all that, widely expected to be a club legend and even future captain. Then he sold his soul to the Russians. And for what? All because the club wouldn't pay his agent's wages. HIS agent, as in HIS employee, as in absolutely nothing to do with Arsenal.
Just feel really sad at the way he turned out when he supposedly one of us - an Arsenal fan.
Glad it's finally all over, and we got a world class replacement for Sol in return, although I still feel Chelski got the better deal in terms of the money involved. But we did get something that they didn't really want to give us so I guess it evens itself out.
Looking forward to his reception at Emirates this season. May it be worse than Sol gets at Sp*rs.

choi12911 said:
I thought the move stalled because Gallas wanted the same wage as he would've got if he extended the contract with Chelsea which was £80,000/week.

Yeah that's what I heard. That Wenger was so desparate to get him in return for Cole that he agreed to his wage demands and gave him the same he was on at Chelsea. Although I almost hope he's on more than Cole tbh.

Arsenalguru

I like this one from Guardian.

cole2.jpg

Will Tweedy be included in the swap deal?

Kum_Arsenal

finally the deal is done and he is going to a russian mafia gang...:)

anyway all the best "cashley cole" with your new club and thanx for the contributions you made as a gunner until before you met the russians.

junialum

Just really disappointed about how Cashley changed. I mean I thought this guy can be our new captain.

Money - The Root of All Evil

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
I find it very hard to wish the little money grabbing Judas luck in his new club chelski, lets say I hope he gets what's coming to him. :wink:

Jasper

I don't think Chelsea's or Mourihno's system will work towards Cole's abilities.

Cole isn't a typical LB, more like a WB. Very undersized but quick with a good delivery.

Let's see what happens after he gets benched and has entered into Mourihno's rotation system instead of starting every game as he did when he was here.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gurgen said:
YeahBee said:
Gurgen said:
Arsène is the Vladimir Nabokov of football managers.

want to show how literate you are ey!? :wink:

I find his work more intrigiung in his native language and I don't read no frekkin translations how about you?

I don't read translations either, but some of his work is written in English. Like Arsène he is another one who expresses himself better in English than most native speakers.

By the way are you Russian?

Nah just having a laugh, noone else seemd to get that reference. I can't recall any other authors who has succesfully written in two languages, maybe some of the irish ones. I ain't russian (swedish) but have studied a bit of russian and that was when I came across Nabokov. If I can read the author in his original language I do but that jsut basically means I read english and perhaps danish and norweigan.

Double_H

Established Member
i hope the curse hits him
i dont care he sold us cheaply if he left us with his head UpHIgh i can understand but like this pissin all over us ??!! screw the **** he used to be my fav arsenal player

The Curse that hit ,Anelka,Overmars,Petit,Edu,and Pires

**** YOU ****

gunnerturk

Quote from Arsène "I remember giving him his debut nearly seven years ago and he grabbed the opportunity. He had a strong desire to succeed and ultimately it was that determination that sees him leave this Club. Ashley has grown up with Arsenal and given time, will hopefully appreciate what the Club has given him. I feel the future is bright for this team and look forward to seeing it challenge for honours."

By the time he does it will be too late for him, as from now on its all downwards for the ****.

Legend#1

Established Member
Jasper said:
I don't think Chelsea's or Mourihno's system will work towards Cole's abilities.

Cole isn't a typical LB, more like a WB. Very undersized but quick with a good delivery.

Let's see what happens after he gets benched and has entered into Mourihno's rotation system instead of starting every game as he did when he was here.

Cole's end product was nothing sort of average, imo.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What I like about our two signings , is the experience and attitude they bring Baptista burning to win something and Gallas not used to anything but winning. That has got to rub of on the squad and set higher standards. Watching Gallas at the World Cup , gee he was up for it and his effort and attitude really gave the squad a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom