• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Atkinson

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
rahh just heard the clip.

Its worse than i thought.
where did u hear it from?
can u send me the link to my pm plez.

kluivert

ITS ALL HERE

http://www.mcniven.co.uk/audio/1%20veron.mp3

Desailly gets it part 1

http://www.mcniven.co.uk/audio/2%20Desailly1.mp3

Desailly gets it part 2

http://www.mcniven.co.uk/audio/3%20Desailly2.mp3

Subtitles

Ron: "What in heaven's name was f***ing Ranieri thinking in bringing Veron on?"

Second, unidentified voice: "He'll get savaged by the press.."

Ron [in an increasingly animated voice]: "Oh and f***ing rightly so.

"And I'm sorry, but I f***ing think that f***ing Desailly is a cheating f***. That was wrong."

[Noise from crowd and interference momentarily obscures Ron's voice...]

"He's f***ing been gone for two and a half years! And instead of playing like an old man and saying 'alright I'll f***ing stay where I can't get exploited'...

"I've always thought that he has no awareness of danger.

lewdikris

Established Member
If he had no racist sentiments then in a thoughtless slip of the tongue he wouldn't have called Desailly a 'ni**er', would he? He'd have just called him a 'lazy arrogant prick' like any reasonable person would.

Big Ron deserves everything he gets. No excuses.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Called Wrighty a ****ing black bastard during a manure game; didn't need to be a lip reader to spot it either!

Of course, being Manure, nobody sacked him. In fact the BBC gave him a job!

namliam

i really dont think Atkinson is a ractist..often in the heat of the moment when ure really worked up...ppl (albeit stupid and simple minded ones) use words like nigger and white trash etc etc despite not being racist....

they dont mean nigger - he is a black and therefore something..just nigger as a replacement for ****er or ****** or watever..

i dont condone atkinson's gaffe as it was awful and he rightly desrves to be sacked..but i tihnk i dont think it neccesarily means hes a racist.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i really dont think Atkinson is a ractist..often in the heat of the moment when ure really worked up...ppl (albeit stupid and simple minded ones) use words like nigger and white trash etc etc despite not being racist....

they dont mean nigger - he is a black and therefore something..just nigger as a replacement for f*r or ****** or watever..

i dont condone atkinson's gaffe as it was awful and he rightly desrves to be sacked..but i tihnk i dont think it neccesarily means hes a racist.
God. Are you now saying he is not a racist. I thought this was a forum full of intellectual fans. This sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable, and should not be taken lightly. No-one as the right to say these word, even if the world was about to end. How anyone can say he is not a racist is beyond me. Add to this all the stuf he used to say to Ian Wright. So anyon who is saying he is not a racist, take a hard look at yourselves before passing judgement.

namliam

racism - the belief that all members of each race possess characetristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as superior or inferior to another race or races.

It is NOT insulting words, distasteful comments, etc. etc. i never said wat Ron Atkinson said was acceptable. It was not..it was disgraceful it was entirely inaapropriate and he got what he deserved.
All I'm saying is that just because someone uses a certain word that happens to be degratory and has connections to racism it does not immediately mean that the person who used it is one. He may be stupid and may not realize the repercussions of the using the word but not neccesarily racist.

If Ron atkinson was racist, I hope you realize that also means that he considers whites superior to ALL blacks, not some blacks...i.e. he would think the same of henry vieira desailly thuram etc etc and would think they are all inferior to whites..
do you really think that can be inferred from the word he used?
It would mean that he considers that being black is in itself something 'bad'...he did not say Desailly was simply a black person, i.e. in itself already 'bad' he said he was a lazy ****ing black person....basically, the word he chose to use was one that came out from sheer stupidity but not meant to be in itself offensive....
wat if next week he calls gary neville a cheating ****ing white piece of trash...does that mean now he is racist against his own race as well?

basically..im not condoning anything he did..just pointign out that he is not neccesarily racist...and very annoyed that some idiot has tried to question my intellectual abilities and even if i am not racist myself..when u make strong statements like that to someone it would be wise next time to really be sure of wat ure saying

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who do you think you are calling me an idiot. All I said was look at what he said. Add that to what he said about Ian Wright. And then can you tell me he is not a racist. I never said you condoned his remarks. I actually saw that in your original post you said you didn't. All I'm saying is that all the stuff he said to Desailly, and the numerous times he did racist jokes to Ian Wright concluded that there was now way he wasn't a racist. Noone said you were a racist, and I don't believe any person should use those words, whether they feel he is pissed off or not. And al the stuff in my previous were about Ron. All I said in the end was look at yoursaelf very carefully and tell me he is not a racist. Can you do that honestly thinking that he is not a racist.

CloudWalker

On the word "nigger", if a white person uses it , he is a racist...
If a black person uses it, it is alright ? Not actually heard in real life, but I hear it alot in black movies, or among black actors in the movie.
any comments guys?
btw
so if Ian Wright uses "nigger", will he be called a racist :shock: ???
Btw I dun condone the use of the word esp by public personalities, they set a bad example.

patrick42uk

Established Member
CloudWalker said:
On the word "nigger", if a white person uses it , he is a racist...
If a black person uses it, it is alright ? Not actually heard in real life, but I hear it alot in black movies, or among black actors in the movie.
any comments guys?
btw
so if Ian Wright uses "nigger", will he be called a racist :shock: ???
Btw I dun condone the use of the word esp by public personalities, they set a bad example.

the word was initially used during times of slavery, a rough time for black people. the term is used now between blacks as a form of endearment, sort of turning a negative to a positive. whites who use it tend to mean it in a derogatory form.

namliam

"I thought this was a forum full of intellectual fans." quite obivously means u think im a fool...and "So anyon who is saying he is not a racist, take a hard look at yourselves before passing judgement." obviosuly suggests that I am either condoning racism or am racist.

All I was saying was that its kind of surprising that noone (well at least not that i heard of) really ever said anything about Ron being a racist, and that after saying that one word (albiet through sheer stupidity) he is suddenly branded a total racist, and I was just pointing out that its not neccesarily true.

Im just saying that its better to look at the regular conduct of ppl to see if they are really racist...if someone in a heated argument calls me a ****ing yellow monkey (i am asian) i woudnt conclude he is racist. However in my experiences in the UK I found that the racist ppl are ppl that do not show this through words but conduct, e.g. a train ticket inspector who only asks asian passengers for tickets, etc. etc.

there is really no need to talk about all this because obivsouly no one on this forum condones racism or is racist..just making my point clear.

I apologize for calling you an idiot..was just annoyed that you though my point was devoid of any intelligence and the suggestion that I was racist.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
namliam,
What I meant when I said "I thought this was a forum full of intellectual fans." was that all this talk about him doing this and that to Ian Wright says there is something wrong with him. Also I said that through anger. All sorts of emotions were running wild, and it was out of frustration. Anyways if I caused any offence I apologize.

Latest posts

Top Bottom