• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Van Persie.. sorry mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Sorry to all the mods for starting a new thread, but I think this is new information that everyone should read.

I got this from the 606 boards, a dutch gooner on there posted this information from the same newspaper where the rumour first sprang up.

-------------------------------------------------------------
From Algemeen Dagblad

Feyenoord player signs Arsenal contract until 2008

Van Persie to 'dream club'

Today the London club and Feyenoord will announce that Robin van Persie has signed a contract that will keep him at Arsenal until 2008. Youth international Van Persie will go for €4.3m to The Gunners, where he will probably be presented later this week.

The transfer deal has been completed.

Friday Van Persie travelled to Highbury, Arsenal's home base. He spoke to head scout Steve Rowley, vice chairman David Dean and manager Arsène Wenger. "The head coach once again confirmed his trust in Robin'', said agent Erwin Boonacker. "You can image he was in heaven. His dreamclub sees a future for him.''

Boonacker didn't mention the name Arsenal, London or Wenger once yesterday. He was talking about 'Robins dream club' and 'the head coach'. The English champions ordered the Van Persie team to stay silent until the transfer is announced. According to Boonacker, this is why he didn't contact PSV. "It has not been nice, we wanted to yell it out!''

The Eindhoven club is enraged with the fact all SMS and phone messages were left unasnwered. Until sunday evening, when Boonacker suddenly let them know in a 3-part SMS the transfer was cancelled.
"This wasn't the best way to communicatie. But it was already a big risk we took. We had a deal with our dream club and every phone call would let to discussion. We couldn't tell anything to PSV. Strange they react they way they do. They knew we would not answer in the weekend because we asked for thinking time.''

Boonacker reacted with anger on the comments from Eindhoven "These are aimed at damaging the people around Van Persie . I wouldn't have expected this from PSV chairman Van Raaij. I let him know that indirectly.'' Yesterday Van Persie contacted Guus Hiddink to explain his choices. The left winger, who cancelled his Holland u21 selection yesterday with an injury, was very charmed by the coach and president-to-be after a personal talk.

But a professional club such as PSV shouldn't act like crybabies, thinks Boonacker. His version of the past weeks: "We talked to PSV a couple of times. We got a good feeling about Hiddinks plans with Robin. But we didn't do anything yet with the business proposal they had."

"Their speed wasn't our speed. Especially since there was no deal yet between PSV and Feyenoord. For instance, Robin and Feyenoord where in principal disagreement about a payment issue. PSV wanted to take that over, but the amount would be subtracted from the offer. What goes around, comes around."

"Because more and more clubs were interested, we asked for some thinking time. Our intention was to re-open negotiations with PSV after the weekend. Because, never forget: we never negotiated with that club. PSV just put their offer on the table. It wanted to sell Robin after one year for a limited yet very high fee. Many would profit, among others Feyenoord. Robin would get 3.5 tot 5 percent. But we thought the number of people and organisations that would profit, was much too high. ,,We agreed Friday afternoon to talk about these issues. But because of the thinking period, we cancelled. This time by phone, not SMS as suggested. I didn't know chairman Van Raaij would be present, let alone he would travel from Belgium. In the meantime our dream club announced itself and arranged a meeting almost immediately. We visited Friday afternoon."

"If people say Robin goes where the most money is, it's all nonsense. He knows the plans of the club he's going to. From Spain we got 6-figure offers. We snubbed them. Because we like Arsenal's football plans. Money was not important. When Robin's dream club arrived, money was completely unimportant."

"PSV saw Robin as an in- en export product, this is why I speak of crybabies. I think it's said they now try to damage me. They're even using a case from the past from Philips, but actually I sued Philips because they didn't follow up to a contract. Not the other way round. The case is still running. But I hope PSV doesn't think Van Persie didn't come because his agent has a fight with the main sponsor. They can't be serious?''

--------------------------------------------------

Thats some pretty intimate details right there! Expect a presentation of van persie within the next two days. Exciting times to be a gooner! :D

Arsenal1989

hmm There was somthing on Sky sports news that there was going to be an announcement today at midday so we just have to wait and see. :)

beaney

he is a new bergcamp

apparently.........

who actually knows anything about this kid, whos seen him play? etc....

ive heard so many good things about him, im assuming hes bloody good cos of all the hype, but dont know for sure!

Chips&CurrySauce

Yeah, do we have any dutch friends who use this forum who can give us some useful information regarding his style of play and ability. I've seen very little of the guy and for the price we are paying, I am suprised we din't face stiffer competition for his signature. Though the fact that it is Robins dream to play for Arsenal, may have something to do with it.

MightyArsenal

Ive seen him play a few times and wouldnt say hes the new bergkamp. he is more of a pires type player. Technically good and floats around like pires. He also takes good free kicks and can cross!!!! LOL

A

Anonymous

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Yeah, do we have any dutch friends who use this forum who can give us some useful information regarding his style of play and ability. I've seen very little of the guy and for the price we are paying, I am suprised we din't face stiffer competition for his signature. Though the fact that it is Robins dream to play for Arsenal, may have something to do with it.

As a Dutchman i have plenty of information on him,

Here's what i said in another topic

He's as much potential as Bergkamp had in his younger years, i think even more...i see van Persie every week with Feyenoord...although he's more on the bench then on the pitch(he has a arguement with the trainer, van Marwijk)...he's definitely the long-term replacement of Bergkamp...he has plenty of experience on the big European Stage...has BOTH CL and UEFA Cup experience with Feyenoord...actually he won the UEFA Cup with Feyenoord...as he played a enormous role in that succes together with van Hooijdonk, on this part he's ahead on other players like Bentley, who only played CUP matches for Arsenal...and another thing that's clear for me is that van Persie is much better than Bentley...and Reyes is playing on another position as Robin, so Reyes isn't competition neither is Henry for the same reason...and with Kanu, Wiltord leaving and Wenger stating that Bergkamp will be spending more time on the bench next season, i think van Persie will be playing a big role next season

He's a player who can play on the '10' position, like van der Vaart with Ajax and Bergkamp with Arsenal, but he has played more matches on the leftmidfield position...a bit like Robben but not as attacking and deep...he has won the UEFA Cup with Feyenoord, a lot of European experience for just an 21-year old...perfect replacement for Bergkamp...if you want to know more...just ask

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Bonzor, do you know where we could watch some clips of van Persie in action, like anywhere on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom