• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

kompany

a tall striker, who can play well with head and has good finishing(like Ibrahimovic).

ibrahimovic is a great player, but if there's one thing that needs dramitic improvement then it's his finishing, he's not a very good header of the ball either

Gurgen

Established Member
Btw any of you watch CSKA-Auxerre? Akinfeev was very impressive. At 19 he is already more commanding, has better reflexes and more calm about him than Lehmann will ever have.

asajoseph

Established Member
I posted this in another thread... BUT

According to El Mundo Deportivo Arsenal's man in Spain, Francis Cagiao, was at the Stadio Olympico here in Barcelona to watch Espanyol keeper Carlos Kameni. They lost 3-1 to Seville.

From Arseblog.

Ratinho

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Btw any of you watch CSKA-Auxerre? Akinfeev was very impressive. At 19 he is already more commanding, has better reflexes and more calm about him than Lehmann will ever have.

Must admit, I scoffed at this last week, but after watching the game he was very impressive, and above all else, calm and confident.

wer

Unless hes a Casillies we shouldnt risk.
Maybe another year to see how he progess, WAIT, CSKA has tight link with the Chavs! ****!

asajoseph

Established Member
Risk? Risk what? I take it you know we can't sign Casillas, because we just won't be able to afford him.

But I can't think of THAT many keepers that would be a bigger risk than letting Lehmann have another year at the age of 36....

(I do not know how to do the quote thing, but I am replying to King_Henry_14's wish list)
Ze Roberto? You must be joking. All he does is fancy step overs. Hes a slower version of Cristiano Ronaldo (diver!). I watch german league and Munich despise Ze Roberto because of his poor attitude and lack of committment. Thats NOT what we need...he has improved of late though, he was good against chelski. BUT there are better options in your list, like Downing and Cassano. Fantastic. Thats the stuff 8)
(I did not mean to criticize or anything, only player on that list not worth having is Ze Roberto IMO)

asajoseph

Established Member
Belletti awsome against Chelsea? Were we watching different games? He was average going forwards, and was practically invisible in defence, and against Chelsea's wingers you just can't afford to do that. One of the main reasons that Barca lost the tie, IMHO.

Frankly, Lauren, who we often slate, had a FAAAR better game on wednesday than Belletti did against Chelsea. NO THANK YOU!

asajoseph

Established Member
We've no chance of signing him, but seeing as we were linked with him today, I'll allow myself this one minor indiscretion.

Gilardino. I'd love him at l'Arse

asajoseph

Established Member
Another one for me - unrealistic, I know...

What IF, just IF, Liverpool fail to win, and fail to qualify for the Champions League, there might be a VERY slim chance we could get our slimey paws on Carragher. He's a scouser through and though, but an an absolutely immense player...

Dreamland, I know, but hey...

A

Anonymous

I'd love Carragher...

Steklenberg,
Lastuvka,
De Jong,
Ramos,
Lucio,
Mitea,
Rosicky,
Babel,
Torres.

J the Red

Obviosuly it all depends on how much money we have to spend in the summer but if, as rumoured, we have in the region of £40 million, then I'd like to see Arsène go for a physical striker and a right sided midfielder who can beat a man. Other than those two positions then I dont think the squad needs too much tinkering, though again that would depend on who we move on from the club.

First off for a striker then I'd love to see David Trezeguet at the club. He's made no secret of his friendship for Thierry and his admiration for AW and the club, he is also quite unhappy at Juve and has had trouble with his contract negotiations so maybe we could nip in with a bid of around £10-15 million, which I think would get him.
The reason we need another striker isnt necessarily because we dont score enough goals, because we do. But we need someone to take a bit of pressure from Thierry's shoulders and also someone who can mix it up a bit and give us another option.
Look at Didier Drogba at Chavski, he hasnt got that many goals for the price they paid (I think 17 goals so far) but he does provide a direct option for the Russians, if things arent going well for them they know they can just play it up to him and then work off of the knockdowns, we dont have that option and in Europe especially it works to our disadvantage.
Dont get me wrong we shouldnt suddenly become long ball, but it would be nice to have the option of going direct, and having a forward who could actually win a few headers would be superb to see.

My second player to bring in to play the right side of midfield would be Shaun Wright-Phillips, though I wouldnt pay anymore than £15 million for him as he is still quite an unknown quantity.
But he is English, is an Arsenal fan and most importantly he can beat a man and would be able to give us another outlet in the wide positions, and would be very effective in Europe. And if we can get him for £15m then id snap him up straight away.
Freddie is a cracking player who gets some vital goals, but so often he just runs up and down the line doing nothing. And I do get the feeling sometimes that if it werent for his goals he wouldnt even be in the team. I'd like to see Freddie stay as he can play equally well on the left, but for me anyway, that right flank needs rejuvinating with another player and Shaunny Wright can fill that hole.
Joaquin from Betis wouldnt be bad, if we cant get SWP, though to be honest he would probably cost way too much. And besides the club has maybe had its fingers burnt when it coems to signing Spanish players, considering some of the fuss Reyes has caused....

Corny

I think we should also be considering which youth players will come in and make an impact in these type of threads. Therefore:

David Bentley: I really rate this young player. He seems to have got some more strength than when he first went to Norwich and his ability to hit excellent sweeping balls will add a bow to our string. He can play almosta Pires typoe role on the right with a touch of Bergy and Beckham thrown in. Far too good not to get supporting role next season.

Shaun Wright Phillips Or other right winger of high quality. I've picked Wright-Phillips since I feel he's gettable and the right age at 24. Again he'd add something different from our wing play. We've got similar qualites up front in Henry and Reyes but not from wide. Also since Fred can play left or right we'd then have 3 wingers for 2 positions. If we buy a lefty only that wouldn't be the case.

Top young keeper Lehmann all in all has served us pretty well. His dodgy spell was somewhat a general defensive crisis as well and he'd do a good job next year I would think but we can't afford to wait until his ability falls as we did with Seaman. I'd like a new number 1 and I would sell Almunia, Taylor (just for his own benefit) and Lehmann as well.

Striker? Hard to call. A 24-26 year old striker, we've a lot of rookies. A hell of a lot infact but perhaps we need someone in there also for when Henry is missing. We've a lot of floating, winger strikers at the club at present, Bergkamp, Bentley, Van Persie, Reyes etc so a out and out striker would probably add us something new. BUT it all depends whether either 1 or more of the young pack will step up in a big way next year. If they do we don't need to buy. But Wenger will obviously need to judge whetehr that will happen. I suspect 1 or more of the strikers might well be moved on or loaned. Maybe Quincy might be the one loaned and it's make or break for Aliadiere who might be the one sold.

Top Bottom