• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Jefo'o

Re: defenders!!!

abhijith said:
i would prefer kompany and taiwo.
better if arsenal can sign them now.
they are potential stars.
taiwo can even play defensive midfield.

to be fair thouh, what arsenal need are some players that will stick in position, our youth's are always happy to drift around and can fill in for anyone. But if we're making any signings this year, it should be to play in a position where we are lacking, and stay there! If we get a CB then he plays there with toure all season and become consistent. Our team don't know eachother well enough yet, that's why we've been so inconsistent, i reckon we'll have the best team in Europe at the end of the summer, its just a matter of getting them all comfortable.

Text language. Don't do it.

morpho

Established Member
I say go for Gallas... the guy would give us great dept in our defence! Yobo from everton would be my second choice... as for midfielders and strikers i cant realy see that we lack anyone... If we are to buy someone i would like it to be some youngsters like Nuri Sahin or Yoann Gourcuff...

ramon12

experience - Pele/Timo Defence-Joleon Lescott midfield - Oubina,dm forward-none
young talent goalie-Arias defence-Richards,Marcelo,DeSilvestri midfield- Ramon Osni,Denilson Neves,Kerlon forwards-none
apparently that would complete a dream youth and experienced team without breaking banks

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
didier zokora is a player i quite like. i also would love mascherano and i like Fabian Ernst. he's a neat passing, tough midfielder whom i think is quite underrated.

jester

Established Member
quick question - why havent clubs been in for lennon? i'd pretty sure he'd go to man u if they offered.
he's too good for Sp**s. (yeah i know, most players are, but he is way too good)

merlin777

Thommybhoy said:
merlin777 said:
Balmont is a little (1m70) player very dynamic, really a little pitbull with a lot of character (maybe too much), good skills and a big activity. I don't know if I have seen the game you are talking about, I can only say that Rod Fanni plays often CB with Nice, but I think you were talking about Balmont, who is sometimes very very good but loses his nerves quite easily.

So they are not good enough for Arsenal? We don't need them? That was actually the whole point why I asked.

Well, I don't think they are Arsenal standards... I can be wrong but I can't imagine Wenger sign Fanni, and Balmont could just be a third option for a DM.
Diarra (from Lyon) is certainly one of the best in this position, I'd like to see him at Arsenal, but MU and Real Madrid want him too...

asajoseph

Established Member
Baros?

He doesn't even understand the off-side rule. Doesn't the fact that he's not very good put you off at all?

I dont See AW singing any players that have been in the media limelight lately. Remember SWP & Robinho? They'll just be snathed by some crazy moneybags somewhere.

I therefore think the Pandev story to be more like it (not appeared in the maintream media).

I would also expect an unknown name to sign, or an established player that was linked to Arsenal like 6 - 12 months earlier, and Chel$ki, Real, or Spuds have forgotten ....Like Rosiscky

Cheers!!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we are just typing in player then I would liek to add

defensive midfielders: Esteban Cambiasso Inter shouldn't be his lst step in his career, I feel that he is good enough to take Gilbertos palce and has great passing to be the playmaker when cesc isn't playing.

Mascherano: small player with a big heart

Nigel reo-Cocker: have only watched him a couple of games but he seems to be a kind of player we could use

Carrick: a Sp**s c*nt but we should have signed him a couple of years ago.

Baptista: well no need for an introduction but IF I bought him it would be as a CM. Arsène knows how to teach him to play there surely

Heitinga/De Jong: suprised we haven't been linked with those two yet. Great talents able to cover multiple positins and have laods of CL experience at very young

Daniel Andersson could be a cheap squad player who maybe could find a forum here at AFC to show that his positioning and small pass game is WC. He moveed to Italy at a young age and has now returned to Sweden.

Tobias Linderoth, a more physical player then Gilberto with a great engine he carries Sweden at times and is a typical player that when he is at his best you never notice his contributions, wold also be quite cheap as he plays in Denmark after his spell at Everton watch him during the WC in the middle of swedens midfield and basically everywhere

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Oh yeah remember that now he left in Jan already. Why was we not involde then strange. Surely a better utility player then Gilbert and Hoyte and I think he said something about being a Arsenal fan

asajoseph

Established Member
The thing is, we can't just sign players like De Jong and then stick them on the bench - that only happens to Chelsea and on Championship Manager.

If we sign De Jong, it has to be with the prospect of him being a first-teamer.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Like hi maloty can't understand why he was left oiut ot the argies WC squad. maybe not as good going forward as our new CM should be but he can cover CB aswell and that is talking for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom