• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Jameel46

Established Member
if there are any more signings it will be a CB that can play LB, i don't think that Wenger is bothered about the midfield at the moment. and to be honest i'm not too sure about taiwo.

brunoman

the one we need is chivu, plays both LB and CB, and does it good, if clichy stays fit when returned he has someone to fight with for his spot, thus getting more out of the players, same with the CB spot, when he will compete with senderos for the second spot..

been

not to young not to old and isnt all that good i wouldnt want him and i dont think we are gonna get him casue i honestly do not remeber if we have ever been linked to him maybe a long long time ago so enough chivu

Artillero

been said:
not to young not to old and isnt all that good i wouldnt want him and i dont think we are gonna get him casue i honestly do not remeber if we have ever been linked to him maybe a long long time ago so enough chivu

Can some one be banned just for being ****ing stupid?

goonerz49

sadly we wont ever get chivu he's to well known i swear that wenger actually prefers buying unknown potential instead of buying proven quality just for the challenge of turning the unknown into quality, f***ing frustrating sometimes

Grampus_Eight

I think Sylvain Distin is a pretty good player, just a bit short of being top class.  It looks like he's available too.  He might not be a world-beater, but he's has some good qualities. He's also left footed and played LB with Newcastle during his impressive loan spell there.  His contract expires at the end of this season, so if we came in for him, he could easily demand that City sell him for less than £3-4M City want.  Does anyone here think he might be a good potential fit?  He has loads of Premiership experience, could make an immediate impact, is French, and was the City's skipper until he decided not to sign a new deal.  

Or is he too expensive (£2-3M), too old (28 now, turns 29 in December) and too far short of Arsenal quality?  Thoughts please...

This next one might sound a bit daft so don't laugh, but how do you all feel about Radhi Jaidi? I've always thought him a rather good player.  I don't know why he doesn't play more often for Bolton. They keep a lot of clean sheets with him in the side.  Jaidi is very tall and strong. Exceptional aerial ability. He's available for about £1M or something. I would buy him just to watch him score a game winning header against Big Fat Sam. 

These surely aren't players of Chivu's ability, but they want cost much, go do the job of holding down the fort until Phil returns and would give the squad additional toughness and depth.

Comments appreciated...

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Id be happy with these replacements

Cole 23m 4 Taiwo 6m
Sol free 4 Fabricio Coloccini 7m

Add Borja Oubiña/Javi Garcia 6m and Ribery 13m

Argh that Fabricio Colicini, what a durty c*nt he is. Never liked him for his dirty plays. He's in the same league with Materazzi, DIRTY!!!

entropy13

Established Member
If Cole leaves, then Chivu. He can be LB or CB.
Or if even remotely possible, Lahm.

Pedretti for holding central mid.

:)

asajoseph

Established Member
Grampus,

Interesting ideas - you sum up Distin's strengths well, but also the reasons that we won't, and shouldn't sign him.

Jaidi, on the other hand, is not consistent - he can be a very good player, at times, and a significant aerial threat from set-pieces. But most of the time he's really not that great - Ben-Haim was the superior defender at Bolton last season. Jaidi's alright, but nothing special.

dos1986

Established Member
nidza7 said:
The player I`m really impressed with from Bolton is Faye!

He is not bad but goes missing in alot of games especially in a fast paced game,Gardner is the only bolton player I would take

Grampus_Eight

Good points. You're right, Jaidi isn't consistent enough. I just thought he might be a good option ahead of Cygan. Temporary cover.

Faye is a beast, but I doubt he has the skills necessary to wear our shirt in the midfield. By the way, didn't he almost break Reyes leg last term?

Anyway, Distin on the other hand could be a solid option. He's better than nothing. And in the short term, probably better than bringing in one of the French prospects. But Distin's probably still going to cost more than the Boss is willing to pay.

By the way, who is the most expensive defender Wenger has bought?

Ricardo Gardner would be a good left back to offer some competition and depth. He has had some really good performances against us over the last couple seasons. Gardner could probably hold down the fort until Traore is ready in a couple of years.

been

yes finally someone noticed abdoulaye faye whne i first saw him vs arsenal i was amazed he played os good so strong pretty fast good header he was like a typical powerful african midfielder

but your right he cna play good and also go missing i wouldnt take ihm at arsenal
but when hes on his game hes very good

nORg@

we have TOure/Djoru and Senderos I wish we could buy Davies , I like him because he is English and he is 21, I think he would be a great defender but who knows maybe Wenger will do the job....

Curtis Davies would be a great option because every good english team has a good english CB, but 10 mil is still too mutch for him. I woldent mind doing a 'Sol Campbell' on the spuds for King either.
I would want a player to keep or fight for a first team place not be a replacement until Senderos gets back so Curtis Davies or a raid on Roma for Chivu or Mexes.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Am sorry guys but Wenger is making a big mistake. We need a defender before the season starts or we are in trouble. The start of the season is the most important time where the pace is set for the title race. We do not have enough strength in depth in defense, I feel this will lead to our downfall. I know davies is around 14 million...buy him!!! in three years he will be double that.

jamble

There are a few reports that Gareth Barry is looking for a move.

I have thought for years he's a much better player than he's able to show with a team like Villa and I think considering his ability on the left and in the middle, he's surely a great option.

He's still young, got boatloads of experience of the premiership and can operate well in a number of positions.

I also think he'd cost considerably less than Curtis Davis.

Ekram

guys what about ismail taiwo from marsille
for me he very decent,strong, young and have powerful shots
would be a nice choice

Top Bottom