• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Grampus_Eight

Since Ribery is in all probability NOT available in this window, I would like to see us bid for another wide midfielder (perhaps two) and sell Freddie. Right now, we arguably don't have a NATURAL wide midfielder in the entire first team who can beat his marker 1 v. 1 and score goals, save perhaps Theo.

Does anyone know when El Hadji Diouf's contract expires with Bolton? I would like to offer the slightly outrageous suggestion that despite him being a right sh*t that we could use him. I think he'll head off to Man U when Giggs retires though.

Finally, since Bolton will never sell their best player (who is also the second best wide midfielder in the league this year after Cronaldo) - I hope the Boss takes a look at a player I continue to admire and who has put in some excellent performances in the champions league and for Nigeria at the ANC - Lille's Peter Odemwingie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Odemwingie

Additionally, depending upon their prices, I think that we could benefit from any of the following players deployed as wide midfielders – some of the usual suspects:

WISHLIST:
Abdul Kader Keïta (Lille)
Johan Vonlanthen (Red Bull Stras.)
Tranquillo Barnetta (Leverkusen)
Arouna Kone (PSV)
Jefferson Farfan (PSV)
Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord)
Julien Faubert (Bordeaux)

Odemwingie and Keita will be on display against United, while we'll get to see exactly how effective Farfan and Kone are...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
that keita from lille, is he the one who also played for togo in last year's world cup?

'cause if that's him, that's one hard-working striker/forward i've ever seen in my life. kept on running until the end of the game. crazy.

bazza_afc

A direct left winger (Robben/Reyes/young Giggs mould)

Otherwise if Diaby develops the squad is pretty much complete numbers wise.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mostarac said:
spartan239 said:
Funny how eveyone goes on and on about the Ajax youth system when the rRoma youth system has produced those two, De Rossi and Totti to name a few

True. Roma have had the best academy in Italian football for years now(Lecce used to have a very good academy aswell) and is one of the best in Europe when it comes to developing young players.

WAsn't Nils Liedholm the youth coach in Roma after his manager career ended? That should put him in the same time as Totti and the rest started playing football , no?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Breaking the bank for Ronaldinho?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 05,00.html

Swedish newspapers reports that ronaldinho might be on the move with Chelski as always lurking in the shadows. Weak rumour perhaps but bear in mind that "rumours" that get printed in Swedish media have often been around for a while and regular transfers often take a week to be reported in Swedish media. There is supposedly a beef between Cruyff and Ronnie so what do you guys think?

1. Should we break the band, supposedly he would cost sums up to 50-60m£? I am pretty sure that the marketing aspect and shirtsales would make it a good investment.

2. Would he fit in with the team or is he too big of a star to share the limelight with Henry and an emerging Cesc? Could he take up the lsot Dennis mantle and how would it work tactically? CAn he handle the PL?

Christofaux

If ljungberg was on his way out ide like to see Morty Gamst Pederson to replace him. He needs to be playing championsleague football in my opinion... i have thought this for some time and his latest effort confirmed it some more.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Would you say no to him?
I would not. But that's just at the moment pure wishes, but you never know. I would be also very angry if I'm in top 3 players in chelski and I'm not playing.

Gurgen

Established Member
A Ribery type player is a must now. We need someone who is constantly on the move from midfield, preferably someone who can score as well.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I would rather have Van der Vaart than Robben (too egocentric) or Ribery (too little goals). Van der Vaart will not provide width, but will provide 15-20 league goals a season. Goals from midfield is what we lack.

dos1986

Established Member
Van Der Vaart is basically a Rosicky type player who will get more goals,but has less pace.So I cant see him being a hit on the wings for ous.

I would prefer Rafa over robinho alright,but not Ribery

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
dos1986 said:
Van Der Vaart is basically a Rosicky type player who will get more goals,but has less pace.So I cant see him being a hit on the wings for ous.

I would prefer Rafa over robinho alright,but not Ribery
Never suggested RAFA for on the wings. I rather have more goals from midfield than more width. Ribery is on 9 goals in 50-odd matches at Marseille, nowhere near Pires' good years yet.

asajoseph

Established Member
Ribery has never been a goalscorer at any level.

There are many who think that he'd start banging in quite a few if he played for Arsenal - I'm not in that camp, but they make a decent enough point.

But, that said, there's no way I'd want to spend £20million on a player who's never done what we need him to do, and can only solve our problems on paper.

jester

Established Member
I know what you mean asa, but i dont think anyone we've ever bought been a decent goal scorer before.
Eto'o right now IS what we need. Just stick someone upfront to poke goals in, which alot of us thought baptista could do, but he's more frustrating than henry

nazo

Established Member
Eto'o would be the dream signing this summer tbh. We need someone more direct to play in midfield/upfront.

dos1986

Established Member
My dream signing would have to be Kaka.I like Eto'o,Villa,Ribery etc but Kaka would be incredible.

If were going to break the bank for anyone it should be him,he would give ous everything we lack at the moment.

I believe he will leave Milan this summer and Real are said to be lining up an offer of £20mil and Diarra and Cannavaro for him this week.

If we could match that offer say £25mil and Gallas and maybe Bendtner who they have been linked with.We could be in with a chance of signing him,be it with all the brazilians we have.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom