• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Grampus_Eight

Mancini from Roma is unsettled and has a great scoring record and plays every wide position. He is 26 and has lots of experience, but isn't too old by any means.

And although his scoring rate isn't good enough I've been really impressed with Daniel Carvalho (CSKA Moscow) on the few occassions I've seen him.

Odemwingie remains a player I'd really like to see playing out wide for Arsenal though. Good performance against Man U - had a goal disallowed (incorrectly?) and missed a sitter, but he's got bags of pace and can score with either foot or his head.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Isaksson really hasn't had a chance to show what he is made of in MAn City and is out in the cold, we should look into getting him.

Andersson is a plausible candidatebut with Diaby don't we already have a similar player? even if Andersson talent is bigger?

As I have always said get Sneijder

Gurgen

Established Member
Anderson can play on both wings and up front. He's not really a central midfielder either, more the Kaka type. And he's much better than A-M love child Quaresma.

dos1986

Established Member
Christoph Metzelder,the 1.95 metres tall defender is available on a free this summer as is stuggart no.1 Timo Hildebrand who is said to be the new Jens.

They would be great free signings imo.

Especially Hildebrand

Gurgen

Established Member
Hildebrand has had one good season and never lived up to the hype. Not good enough for Arsenal.

Alfonso

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Anderson can play on both wings and up front. He's not really a central midfielder either, more the Kaka type. And he's much better than A-M love child Quaresma.

Quarsema is much more proven. Anderson hasnt even had one good season yet. Too far early to get excited about him.

As for A-M love child, i thought that was Ribery, Robinho and Torres.

Quaresema is underrated compared to those mugs.

illmatik

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gurgen said:

Quarsema is much more proven. Anderson hasnt even had one good season yet. Too far early to get excited about him.

As for A-M love child, i thought that was Ribery, Robinho and Torres.

Quaresema is underrated compared to those mugs.

Anderson is still very, very young...18 i believe and he still has a lot to prove

Asterix

Established Member
PSV's keeper Gomes could be interesting. Amy Lawrence has done a profile of him on the Guardian site:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/ ... s_way.html

Shame about the Chelsea link, and the price is too high, but he is the right age, has the right experience etc.

Amy makes him sound like a giant, but at 192cm he is (just) shorter than Dave Seaman, Artur Boruc, Craig Gordon, Stuart Taylor, David James and Mark Schwarzer, to name a few.

M+D

Established Member
Would any moderators be kind enough to re-open the Ribery thread. It is on the 6th page of the transfer talk + rumours section. There is a "new" link.
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger will go head-to-head with Real Madrid for Olympique Marseille ace Franck Ribery.
Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer conceded defeat to Real this week in their battle for France international winger Ribery. However, the Mirror says the Spanish giants won't have a clear run at the Frenchman with Arsenal also keen.
Marseille are demanding £15 million for the all-action midfielder.

M+D

Established Member
Nath_<3_Arsenal said:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26097

use that thread M+D

Thanks. That thread must have escaped my notice. There's like 3 or 4 threads for Ribery in this section! :lol:

Thommybhoy

Established Member
It is getting easier as this bloody season is coming to an end:

Valencia's Villa

2 of these 3:
Roma's Mancini,
Porto's Quaresma,
Marseille's Ribery

One of these 2:
CSKA's Akinfeev
Celtic's Boruc.

If possible max 2 sells in the summer, not more, but hopefully less.

More of luck for the next season regarding everything: injuries, (goals scored/100%chances) average, refs,......

sparky44

I seriously believe tim cahill would be a great buy in the summer. He is a midfield battler, He will get us goals (hopefully alot in this team) and he will do his fair share of defending also. The guy is incredibly underrated, and he is gives us everything we really lack.

Its all about getting the right balance. Right now we have too many similar players, thats all well and good if you are an exhibition team who is paid for simply showing off etc but we are not. We are a premier league side who is lacking in [true] attacking talent. How many corners have we had this season? How many have been converted into goals? Its a low ratio I will tell you that. How many times have players surrounded the box threatening to make something happen and then moves eventually break down? Alot of times. Cahill will make powerful runs in behind defenders and create alot of movement from others also. The guy is also (as some of you should know by now) very good in the air and is a excellent finisher not to mention great with the ball at his feet also.

I say instead of looking abroad for options lets look to snatch talent currently on our shores who have proved themselves in this league already. Tim Cahill - He will be cheap, He will prove his worth, He is perfect.

dos1986

Established Member
sparky44 said:
I say instead of looking abroad for options lets look to snatch talent currently on our shores who have proved themselves in this league already. Tim Cahill - He will be cheap, He will prove his worth, He is perfect.

Would prefer Arteta myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom