• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

kel varnsen

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Reyes,Bale,Babel..Im suprised Kel,thought you were better than that :wink:

Meira is a proper player,cant see him leaving though..

clichy needs to improve his final ball. if not, he has no future here. it doesn't really matter if he can beat a defender, make a run etc if he can't deliver a decent pass or cross. there is absolutely no end product to his game. clichy might be quicker than bale, but in every other way bale is superior.

i haven't seen that much of babel, but i think he'd give us a bit more depth on the wings at an affordable price. though, i admit, he's far from ideal. i'm not sure there are any wingers out there who'd offer us what we need; a 'runner'. someone willing to make good runs, but at the same time good enough on the ball to cope with our passing game.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
lol. So you still want him back even though he was totally unsettled in England? I agree he's a very good player, but it pointles bringing him back if he's that unhappy here.

kel varnsen

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
lol. So you still want him back even though he was totally unsettled in England? I agree he's a very good player, but it pointles bringing him back if he's that unhappy here.

yes. he played well, in spite of his problems outside the pitch. reyes is a player we need. he makes runs, he is direct, his vision and passing skill is sublime and he can create chances like no other in our team. pacey and hard working as well.

i hope wenger can convince him to have another go at things here.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Reyes was rubbish in his last two seasons here. He's not brilliant, otherwise he'd command a regular starting spot for Madrid and Spain.

He can't cut it in England and he'll never change. He also didnt fit in well with the team and the amount of times he frustrated fans with his running into corridors and falling on his ass was unbelievable.

I think Freddie is crud at the mo, but I'd sooner play him than Reyes. That's saying something!

Trust me Kel, I know my players and I've yet to be proved wrong.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Tuncay
Ribery or Quaresma
Defender (Richards if really good enough, maybe somebody more experienced)
Nobody to leave except Ali, Bap, Reyes and Flam.

run

So a couple of weeks ago I posted my "wishlist" for the summer in another thread and got slagged off a little...probably because I included my desire to see someone like Barton join to provide a little menace in midfield. I was only half serious and I know Arsène would never do it...

So instead here is a wishlist that takes the early rumors into account and tries to think like Wenger;

Players Out:

Freddie (Sorry to see him go, but its time)
Ali
Song
Flamini
Reyes
Almunia

Rumors say we'll let freddie go on a free but let's say we get between 6 and 8 million for Reyes and around an average of 2 million for ali, song and flam. That's 12 million in.

Players In:

Bale
Ribery
Owen (or Bent or Defoe)

I'm thinking use the 12 million from the sales above for Bale and spend a total of 20 million on Ribery and a goal poacher. We need players who can play wide and send crosses in Bale and Ribery, and we need a poacher who can get scrappy goals against teams that park the bus.

I know people are saying we have 30 million or whatever but I can barely imagine Arsène spending that much without selling addional players, and I can't think of anyone I want to leave other than those listed above.

I know rumors say we are after a centerback but I don't think one is coming unless Senderos is off...maybe we really can sell him for 8 million like the tabloids say and use the money on Davies, or Richards, or Kompany. Who knows?

Like everyone I have also heard the rumors about this Renato Augusto guy, and I have seen the youtube videos but I don't want him coming at the expense of a more proven goal scorer.

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

I think we should have gone in for Javier Mascherano, he has been doing well for Liverpool, plus he could have been Gilberto's long term replacement. I don;t know how much they paid for him, but he is the type of player we need, and we ahve missed out yet again.

Artillero

Dream Summer for me would be......

Out - Senderos, Flamini, Bentner, Freddie and Gallas.

In - Fabio Quagliarella, Rino Gattuso,Gabriel Milito.

Not very realistic but one can dream. Get rid of the average, arrogent and blue nose. In with flair, a mental midfielder and a good solid defender.

dos1986

Established Member
Ins would like a Centre Back to push Kolo and Gallas seeing as Naldo signed a new deal that rules him out so Meira or Metzelder would be nice.

Ins

CB Meira £10mill or Metzelder free

CM Bodmer £8mill or someone other box to box midfielder who is a ball winner like Reo Coker

Wingers Simao £10mill Babel £5mill

Striker Torres for Reyes £12mill

£45mill

Outs

Senderos £5mill
Freddie £2mill
Flamini£2mill
Song
Ali

and the rest of the youngsters we sold should make up £20mill so Arsène spend..

belgianfan

Don't you guys want someone with some flair. Someone who does some special things. Titi can do it and so can rvp but wouldn't you like a guy like dinho or a robinho who does things nobody else can.

I would love a player who entertains because Everybody is talking about our super beautifull football but it's just some lateral passing damnit.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
One question, can anybody see us race for Anelka, what's his status? I think that he could solve many of our problems. I would really like that no matter the past, honestly.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Zlatan is unsettled in Italy, we need to give the lad a home, any footballers mouth should be watering with the prospect of a Zlatan Hnery or a Zlatan RVP partnership upfront

Nutsy

Established Member
No doubt Zlatan is a talented footballer, but he barely has a brain to go with it. And yes, Milan is interested with Zlatan, personally I'd rather have the Henry-RvP partnership to go along, but If i had to choose, I'd take Klose over Zlatan to be honest.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I ma sure that Wenger has an eye out for Johan Elmander, Hnerik Larsson-esque with the running and a better target player, what is great about him is that he gets better when the surrounding players get better.

Look at this
Djurgården- Swedish champs he was the best striker
Bröndby Denmark: he was the best striker in Denmark
Toulouse: keyplayer 6th in the scoring table

guinertron

i wish for some clarity on whats going on at our club.

Also David Trezeguet has been given the go ahead to leave Juventus, now i don't want him but there is a story regard his move to Valencia falling through as thier director of football Amedeo Carboni's future being put into doubt, does anyone know about this guy ad would the club go for him as Dein's replacement?

asajoseph

Established Member
I wish it was August 31st. Not only would the transfer window be over, but football would be back underway.

I hate the summer.

Nutsy

Established Member
Yawnn. We all do Asa. We all do..

screwing with us with countless bids of our big players to move away.

Screwing with us with close contracts on the players we actually wish for.

Pfft. Transfer Summer + The Winter How I Loathe thee

Top Bottom