• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
dos1986 said:
I expect ous to sign at least four players this summer...We probally have £35mill to spend now that we sold Henry and the rejects for around that fee....

So I hope Arsène signs a tall,fast,powerful centre back like Naldo for £8mill,a striker who can play on the wing like Babel/Gouffran for £6mill and a proven striker like Anelka for £10mill and maybe a talented kid like Renato/N'Zogbia who would add something different to the squad for cheap....

Naldo £8mill
Babel/Gouffran £6mill
Anelka £10mill
Renato/N'Zogbia £5mill

£31mill outlay

Swap anelka for a non-**** and thats a good list.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Well now we need 2 strikers, we lost one, even before that we needed one: My realistic choice is:
Anelka + Martins
We need a left midfielder, and we are (or were) linked with: Malouda, Quaresma, Simao.
My no1 choice would be Quaresma and no2 Malouda.
What if Gilberto gets injured for a long? We have Cesc, Denilson, Diaby, Song and Kolo to cover that position, fine by me.
I hope Gallas will stay. We still need a jumping defender. I believe that Terry can do cashley to chelski, does anybody else belive that? He would definitly be my no1 choice.
I'm not sure if Naldo is good enough, I'd rather go with Luisao or Cris, myself.

Christofaux

I still wouldnt mind Gamst Pederson from blackburn (Even though hes 1. inter premiership and 2. never been linked to Arsenal, to my knowledge) he seems to be in the mold of Hleb but proven in the premiership

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Imagine this:
Arsène Wenger here until 2011
+
Carlito Tevez
+
KJH or Anelka
+
Oba Martins
+
Sagna

Everything covered really well.
Come on Arsène, please, You can do it. That all we need.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I see that Motta is available. He'd be great for us.

I cant see us signing any big superstars, so I recon this motley crew would do us:-

Motta (or Edmilson who can play at the back or cover Gilbs), Babel and Martins.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Motta wouldn't be too bad, our new Flamster, but he won't come and play bit parts for us , he will go to a midtable spanish side and be a starter

asajoseph

Established Member
If we can sign a winger now, Arsène will have done enough to turn most of my apprehension about next season into excitement.

Jameel46

Established Member
asajoseph said:
If we can sign a winger now, Arsène will have done enough to turn most of my apprehension about next season into excitement.

i'm not really sure if Wenger will go after a winger until Ljungberg decides that his time is up

jester

Established Member
asajoseph said:

pretty much agreed. Sagna, and maybe another youngster or two, and it'll be more than a decent summers work for le prof, and he can get back to wimbledon

M+D

Established Member
MisterTalentScout said:
Palacio anyone ?

It's hardly a wish list signing for people as they are more concerned about the first team, and rightfully so. He is a good talent though and I wouldn't say no to him being snapped up and loaned out to Salamanca next season.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Well ATM after Eduardo signing and Tevez on way to manure I would go for Luka, but NOW, for really fantastic and offensive winger (like Quresma) and CD like Terry or Cris, but someone realistic.
As someone said we have best staring 11, I agree 100%, these hypothetical signings would just make competition for best staring 11 bigger, and we would have excellent squad depth.
Let me show You how it would look like: Lehman, Fabianski and Almunia as GK (does anybody have so many so good GKs?); right def (Eboue, Hoyte, in case s*** Gallas, Toure); left def (Clichy, Gallas, Hoyte, Traore) central (Toure, Gallas, that hypothetical one, Djourou, Senderos); defensive midfielder (Gilberto, Diaby, Denilson, Cesc, Modric, Toure, Song) left midfielder (Quaresma or someone similar, Modric, Rosicky, Ljungberg, Hleb, Diaby) central midfielder (Cesc, Rosicky, Denilson, Modric, Diaby,..) right (Ljugnberg, Quaresma or someone similar, Hleb, Walcott, Modric) strikers (van Persie, Eduardo, Adebayor, Bendtner, Walcott, Vela)
Well covered with good team depth, right?

qs

Established Member
We should bid for Robben. Ok its unlikely but he'd be the exact type of player we need. Quick, creative, scores goals.

asajoseph

Established Member
qs said:
We should bid for Robben. Ok its unlikely but he'd be the exact type of player we need. Quick, creative, scores goals.

... spends most of the time injured, and is completely spineless when the going gets tough....

Viper

Established Member
Bid for Robben.. lol.

There is a bigger chance of Ashley Cole coming to Arsenal than Robben coming to Arsenal directly from Chelsea.

dos1986

Established Member
Viper said:
Bid for Robben.. lol.

There is a bigger chance of Ashley Cole coming to Arsenal than Robben coming to Arsenal directly from Chelsea.

I know...its made even funnier because Qs is a very sensible poster....

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest a fit Robben would be the perfect player for us. Gives is a natural wide man who can take players on, has great passing ability, good movement, great creativity and an eye for goal. Not to mention proven in the prem.

Although he'd need a personality transplant. Complete moaner.

That being said, he'll never come to Arsenal.

Top Bottom